World Cup Analysis Shines Light on Mobile Usage PatternsJuly 10, 2014
- An extensive analysis of mobile use throughout the 2014 FIFA World Cup, administered by global data master Allot Communications, demonstrated the importance of mobile apps in large events with mass audiences.
Can RFS Maintain its Winning Streak at Mineirao and Maracanã Stadiums?July 7, 2014
- Radio Frequency Systems (RFS), the global wireless and broadcast infrastructure specialist, will be providing 212,000 fans with access to wireless communications at the upcoming Garmany vs. Brazil semi-final.
Linktel and Accuris Networks Work Together to Provide Top Notch Seamless Roaming ServicesJune 23, 2014
- The 2014 FIFA World Cup, a tournament for the men's football world championship taking place in Brazil has been creating pulsating moments for fans globally. It is estimated that more than half a million visitors are going to Brazil for the World Cup action. Technology and FIFA have always gone hand in hand from the year this tournament was launched. New technologies are making its way every year and this year it's all about connectivity.
Africa Has Caught the World Cup FeverJune 20, 2014
- What is one thing that people love across the world? Sports. The world's most popular sport? Soccer, or football depending on where you live, and right now, people across the world are especially obsessed with the game. The FIFA World Cup, the world's largest soccer tournament held every 4 years, is taking place right now in Brazil, drawing the eyes of millions. Just how many people are watching?
Google and ESPN Partner on World Cup Search ResultsJune 16, 2014
- The World Cup is a plenty big deal to those who don't spend a great deal of time on the Internet. It's an equally big deal to those who do indeed spend quite a bit of time on the web and that's the reason Google and ESPN have teamed up to include the tournament's video highlights into web searches. These highlights will include those that are in-progress, as well as post match wrap-up.
Can Middle East Enterprises Handle the Streaming Frenzy of the FIFA World Cup 2014?June 13, 2014
- The upcoming World Cup in Brazil is a fantastic example of how our consumption of both data and content is changing. Major sporting events such as the World Cup and the Olympics are quickly becoming, first and foremost, digital events.
BRS Labs' AISight Platform Brings Intelligent Video Surveillance to the World Cup and throughout BrazilJune 13, 2014
- Yesterday was the first day of the FIFA World Cup tournament, a competition that involves 32 countries, the best soccer players in the world and after a month, a champion is crowned and involves many of soccer's best teams, representing 32 countries. Unfortunately, the tournament started with hundreds of protesters in Sao Paulo, vowing "There Will Be No Cup," as soccer-loving enthusiasts roamed the streets, prior to the game between Brazil and Croatia.
Hacking Collective Anonymous Targets World Cup WebsitesJune 13, 2014
- A DDoS attack happens when the main server is flooded with requests from multiple computers. These multiple systems are compromised and are controlled remotely by hackers to send massive traffic to the targeted server. As a result of this attack, the server stops responding to the requests of legitimate users because it is busy responding to the requests coming from the hacked systems.
Will RFS Score More Goals than the Winner?June 12, 2014
- Rio's iconic Maracana Stadium has witnessed some of the most unforgettable moments in Brazilian Soccer. As it gears up to provide entertainment to the 80,000 expected fans during the seven games of the 2014 FIFA World Cup, RFS, a global wireless and broadcast infrastructure specialist, is readying itself to enable football aficionados to share the thrilling experience with friends and family.
Aptilo Networks to Enhance World Cup Wi-Fi ExperienceJune 10, 2014
- As passions run high and World Cup fever spreads, fans are readying themselves for yet another spectacular display of skill and prowess from the 32 teams that will come from all parts of the globe. But they're not the only ones that are busy. Behind the scenes, three operators in Brazil are working with Aptilo Networks to enhance the Wi-Fi experience for the millions of users that are expected to attend.
BBC, ITV Snag FIFA World Cup Free-to-Air Broadcast Rights Through 2022June 10, 2014
- The globe is gearing up for the 2014 FIFA World Cup, the largest sporting event of all time, in Brazil, this week. Meanwhile, commerce marches on as new TV carriage deals have been inked for future tournaments.
FIFA World Cup is Likely to Put Pressure on Brazil's BroadbandJune 4, 2014
- FIFA World Cup is round the corner, and it is one of the most anticipated events for the millions of fans in Latin America. Football is a lot more than a mere sport; it is a way of life for many people in Brazil and other parts of Latin America. There is immense excitement surrounding the event that is going to commence next week in Rio de Janeiro.
ESPN Clears Chromecast Support Goal for iOS & Android Ahead of World CupJune 3, 2014
- For soccer fans-or "football" as it's called throughout most of the rest of the world-there's no greater time than the World Cup. All the action, all the drama, and all the sheer glory of the soccer pitch is on hand more than ever during that time of year. ESPN is no less immune to the effect of the World Cup, and thus showed off new versions of its WatchESPN app for iOS and Android that come with a particularly valuable new feature: Chromecast support.
World Cup Spurs TV Multiscreen InnovationMay 30, 2014
- All eyes will be on Brazil in June when the beautiful game-call it soccer or football-makes its home in the South American pais for the 2014 FIFA World Cup. The event is sure to be a showcase for not only multiscreen business models, but also for innovations in on-air broadcast technologies.
SITA Working with Brazil to Improve Air Traffic Technology for World Cup and OlympicsMarch 7, 2014
- This project which began in December of 2013, is expected to be completed in time for the 2016 Olympic Games by installing the devices in increments of four airports until they are all equipped with this technology. Using datalink, pilots are able to communicate with the control tower using text messaging to request departure clearance and real-time airport operational and weather information. By reducing the load on VHF voice frequency, DCL and DATIS increase the safety and efficiency of runway operations.
FIFA, 49ers Read Between the Lines with Connected TechJuly 31, 2013
- The sports vertical has been both an early adopter of technology and a laggard. On the one hand, the strides we've made in improving athlete performance and professional sports venues have been great (although not always on the up and up). On the other hand, there's been much hesitance and delay in some circles to use technology to enable more reliable calls and address head injuries as quickly as might have been done.
Brazilian Airport Infrastructure Co. Selects Telvent for World Cup PreparationsFebruary 16, 2011
- Telvent, a global provider of IT solutions and business information services, announced that it has been awarded a contract by Infraero, the Brazilian Company for Airport Infrastructures.
Finalists of Bluetooth Innovation World Cup 2010 ReleasedNovember 4, 2010
- World Cup (IWC), which focuses on applications for the sports and fitness, healthcare, home automation and control markets. Developers, entrepreneurs and students submitted concepts for applications that make use of the new Bluetooth low energy wireless technology. The Bluetooth Special Interest Group organized this second edition of competition after the great success in the first edition during the year 2009.
Al Jazeera TV Interference: And the Winner Is… StaticOctober 7, 2010
- Al Jazeera Sports Channel relied on the technical knowhow of Integral Systems to identify and locate a significant satellite interference event that disrupted broadcasts of FIFA World Cup football matches this summer.
Vodacom South Africa Garners Support at Football World Cup for Convergys UpgradeSeptember 30, 2010
- Thanks to the successful upgrade to Convergys Rating and Billing Manager, the subscribers of Vodacom South Africa were rewarded with unprecedented support at the recent Football World Cup held in South Africa by Convergys Corporation.
Inlet's Spinnaker Leveraged for Broadcast-Quality Live Sports StreamingSeptember 13, 2010
- Inlet Technologies, a provider of solutions for digital media preparation, unveiled that its Spinnaker family of encoding solutions are chosen by deltatre, a sports media services company headquartered in Torino, Italy, to generate broadcast-quality streaming outputs of some of the most prominent and high-profile events in the sports world.
BBC's Simulcast Sports Tech Expansion Plans Powered by Inlet TechnologiesAugust 18, 2010
- Inlet Technologies, a dealer in online video experience, has claimed that their Spinnaker family of live streaming appliances will be powering BBC's simulcast expansion plans for a number of channels and also premier sporting events, including FIFA World Cup 2010, Wimbledon and F1 Grand Prix.
MobiTV, Inc. Confirms that Bigger the Size, Better the ViewershipAugust 16, 2010
- During the FIFA 2010 World Cup, MobiTV, Inc.'s technology platform was able to deliver over 100 million minutes of coverage from ESPN Mobile TV, with 100 percent uptime. MobiTV had an in-depth analysis into a number of viewing trends and behaviors from mobile video users in the U.S.
Soccer-Related Mobile Search Tripled During World Cup: StudyJuly 29, 2010
- The recent World Cup brought a captivated audience to mobile - a trend that is growing with the globalization of media and culture and is magnified by the accessibility of the mobile Web, says Ground Truth, a mobile media measurement firm.In a recent study conducted on the popularity of soccer-related mobile Web content during the World Cup, Ground Truth found that traffic to soccer sites tripled during the tournament.
World Cup Ads Boost Televisa's Second-Quarter SalesJuly 19, 2010
- Grupo Televisa SA, a Spanish-language broadcaster based in Mexico City, announced it has seen a 14 percent increase in the second-quarter revenue. Grupo Televisa SA attributes this growth to the rise in the number of customers who had signed up for satellite TV service to watch World Cup soccer.
Upstream Successfully Completes Mobile Marketing Campaigns in West AfricaJuly 16, 2010
- Upstream, a large mobile marketing solutions provider announced the completion of a series of localized mobile marketing campaigns across West Africa for MTN as part of the Group's official FIFA World Cup sponsorship activities. The MTN Group is a multinational telecommunications provider operating in 21 countries in Africa and the Middle East.
Upstream Completes Mobile Marketing Campaigns across West Africa for MTNJuly 16, 2010
- Upstream, a provider of mobile marketing solutions, announced it will power a series of successful localized mobile marketing campaigns across West Africa for MTN as part of the Group's official FIFA World Cup sponsorship activities.
During World Cup Games, Mobile Broadband Usage Showed Tremendous Growth: ReportJuly 16, 2010
- For the period of 2010 FIFA World Cup matches, mobile broadband usage has shown a tremendous growth of 24 percent.
Holland Wins 53 Percent Support in World Cup Social Media ConversationsJuly 12, 2010
- This study drawn from the entire spectrum of social media such as Twitter, Facebook, blogs, videos, online forums concluded that the sentimental favorite to win was The Netherlands.
Men Spend Less Time on Summer Dating Due to World Cup FeverJuly 6, 2010
- AreYouInterested.com is a top dating application on Facebook Platform which has more than 15 million users. In a recent poll, the company found out that singles are spending less time in search of romance when compared with the time they spend watching the World Cup.
The Guess-and-Win-iPhone 4 Contest Heads to a Thrilling Climax as the 2010 World Cup Finals Come CloserJuly 2, 2010
- The guess-and-win-iPhone 4 contest from Wondershare is heading to a thrilling climax as the 2010 World Cup finals are getting closer. All 10 lucky participants who guess the correct 2010 World Cup Gold, Silver and Bronze medalists will be selected to receive a 32GB iPhone 4 each.
Level 3 Communications Enables Several European Broadcasters to Stream the 2010 FIFA World Cup Games Online in HDJuly 1, 2010
- Level 3 Communications, a provider of fiber-based communications services, has stated that its internet broadcast services are enabling several European broadcasters, including Spanish broadcaster Telecinco, to stream the 2010 FIFA World Cup games in high-definition (HD) to online audiences.
Stratos' AmosConnect Crew Solution to Provide World Cup Updates to CrewmembersJuly 1, 2010
- Stratos Global, a global provider of advanced mobile and fixed-site remote communications solutions, has launched its new AmosConnect Crew CommCenter satellite communications software which offers a free global news service. Ship managers were reminded by Stratos that they along with the crewmembers can now access 2010 FIFA World Cup updates through this software.
Level 3 Picked by MLB.com to Provide High Speed IP and Support its Media ArchiveJune 30, 2010
- Level 3 Communications, Inc. announced that it has been selected by MLB.com to deliver high-speed IP and collocation for supporting its network, media archive and also to provide live and on-demand streaming capabilities. MLB.cm is the official Web site of Major League Baseball.
Spam Related to Football and Soccer Keywords Top Global Spam Content: Message LabsJune 29, 2010
- Analysis reveals that the percentage of spam related to football and soccer keywords since March 2010 now represents 25 percent of all global spam in the build-up to the FIFA World Cup.
Entertainment Unlimited for Soccer Fans with iPhone AppsJune 28, 2010
- This summer's World Cup is made much more entertaining thanks to a cluster of new iPhone apps that can entertain soccer fans by letting them track games, watch highlights and fetch information on players and teams.
ZTE Brings Security Solution to FIFA World Cup 2010June 24, 2010
- The World Cup Communication Security Meeting with Cell C, a mobile operator in South Africa, has been convened by ZTE Corporation, a provider of telecommunications equipment and network solutions. The meeting is to ensure the stability and security of communications during the World Cup.
Blast Applications Scores with Latest App called iGoalsJune 24, 2010
- Apps developer Blast Applications has announced availability of all 32 iGoals Android applications for the 2010 FIFA World Cup. Blast Applications is a creator and developer of applications for iPhone, Android, Facebook and Twitter.
De-Vuvuzelizing PC App Released by Stardock for World Cup FansJune 23, 2010
- All the FIFA World Cup fans who are tired of listening to the sound of the vuvuzela horns have a reason to rejoice. The Devuvzelator, a new, free app for World Cup fans streaming the matches on their PCs, has been launched by Stardock. Stardock is the developer and publisher of upcoming strategy game named "Elemental: War of Magic."
Mahindra Satyam Reveals the Challenges Involved in Managing the 2010 FIFA World CupJune 22, 2010
- Mahindra Satyam, a global IT Business Consulting services company, is the official IT services provider for the 2010 FIFA World Cup.
Argentina's TyC Sports, Telefe and Torneos y Competencias Using BlackMagic Design and SQUID to Broadcast the 2010 FIFA World CupJune 22, 2010
- Blackmagic Design, a provider of video editing products, color correctors, video converters, routers, waveform monitors and film restoration software, has stated that their DeckLink Studio capture and playback cards, in conjunction with XV-Tech SQUID broadcast workflow software, are currently being used by Argentinean broadcasters TyC Sports, Telefe and Torneos y Competencias to broadcast the 2010 FIFA World Cup.
Hostway Promotes Dedicated Server Purchase-Program 'Kick It' to help Right to Play's Humanitarian EffortsJune 22, 2010
- For a limited time, when customers purchase Windows Server 2008 with a dedicated server through Hostway, they will receive a special "Kick-It" offer (double the RAM and double the bandwith.) "Kick-It" is a campaign supporting Right to Play in developing countries through the sale of Windows Server operating systems.
Superbowl or FIFA World Cup, Job Comes First For IT Men in USA And UKJune 22, 2010
- The survey was conducted amongst 241 UK IT professionals and 263 U.S. IT professionals and the fact that stood out is: For the majority of the IT professionals on both sides of the Atlantic, job comes first.
Extended Results Unveils Business Intelligence Solutions for Multiple PlatformsJune 22, 2010
- Business-intelligence specialist Extended Results, which has seen unprecedented success since 2006 even in a down economy, has over the years become a recognized thought-leader.
New FIFA World Cup 2010 Tracker App Available for Android, BlackBerry, and NokiaJune 22, 2010
- Technologies is an innovator in software product and application development services. Recently, Aditi Technologies announced that it has launched the much anticipated FIFA World Cup 2010 Tracker application. This is helpful for those who want to catch up with all FIFA updates even at the time of journey. This launch has strengthened Aditi's presence in the mobile consumer applications market and expanded its offerings to various platforms. With significant number of downloads by Android, BlackBerry and Nokia users, the application is already a hit in the market.
As World Cup Goals are Scored, Nike Roars -- Youtube Harnessed for AdvertisingJune 18, 2010
- While 32 nations have their pride on the line in South Africa, there are other games afoot. Even though Adidas has been named the official sponsor of the 2010 FIFA World Cup, their efforts have been upstaged by a competitor - Nike.
World Cup Fans Can Now win IP Phones from snomJune 18, 2010
- IP phone manufacturer snom has gone mad for football, gripped by the excitement over this summer's World Cup.
Comcast Announces Multiplatform and 3D Delivery of 2010 FIFA World CupJune 18, 2010
- Comcast, a provider of entertainment, information and communication products and services, has stated that they will be delivering the 2010 FIFA World Cup matches live in its entirety, live games in 3D from ESPN 3D, games On Demand the next day and online coverage with live games and the latest news.
Cisco collaborated with Control Room, to showcase the Cisco Digital Media Suite (DMS) solution at the FIFA World Cup Kick-Off Celebration ConcertJune 17, 2010
- Cisco announced that it collaborated with Control Room, a leading producer of global music events, to showcase the Cisco Digital Media Suite solution at the FIFA World Cup Kick-Off Celebration Concert last week.
Rogers Communications Partners with Mobile Fringe to Launch Ultimate Soccer Fan AppJune 17, 2010
- Rogers Communications Inc. recently launched Soccer Frenzy App that is a free app designed and developed with Mobile Fringe. The application is readily available for iPhone, Blackberry, and Android.
Polar Mobile Brings WC2010 App Just for BlackBerryJune 16, 2010
- Polar Mobile, a mobile publishing solutions provider, has launched a free App - WC2010, for all BlackBerry smartphone users.
Tuxera NTFS Chosen by Syabas for Media PlayersJune 16, 2010
- Syabas Technology has licensed Tuxera NTFS to bring seamless interoperability to its cutting-edge media players. This has been announced by Tuxera, provider of Windows-compatible file systems for Linux, Mac and other platforms. Digital media content in Syabas' flagship Popcorn Hour Networked Media Jukeboxes, the C-200 and A-200 will be streamed or played back using Tuxera's embedded file system solution.
Waves Audio Plugins Drown out Intrusive World Cup Vuvuzela TrumpetingJune 16, 2010
- In response to the telecast difficulties associated with the 2010 FIFA World Cup, Waves Audio, provider of digital signal processing solutions has unveiled a solution to reduce certain problematic sounds.
eServGlobal's FlexiContent Proves Popular Even Among Service ProvidersJune 15, 2010
- Football aficionados round the world will converge to South Africa to watch the battle for the World-Cup. While many fans have traveled a long way to be a part of the thrill and excitement, others have chosen to view the game vicariously, but without missing out on anything.
Webtrends Delivers Mobile Analytics to the Associated PressJune 15, 2010
- Whether it's cricket, basketball, baseball, football, or any other sport venue (including bowling), the noise over the speaker system and the din of stadium can sometimes spoil the flow of the game.
RCN's New Sweepstakes Helps Customers to Win an Authentic Jersey from Their Favorite Soccer TeamJune 15, 2010
- With the official launch of 2010 FIFA World Cup, RCN Corporation recently announced a new sweepstakes for its customers. This sweepstakes provides customers with an opportunity to win an authentic jersey from their favorite international soccer team. In addition, the company offers text alerts that include daily results and reminders for matches.
eServGlobal's FlexiContent to Help Operators Boost Revenue During World CupJune 15, 2010
- eServGlobal's FlexiContent Services will be available through over a dozen operators during the 2010 soccer world cup in South Africa.
Tweety's Not Feeling So Good These Days -- Network Concerns Plague TwitterJune 14, 2010
- Twitter has become the new revolution in social media -- there can be no denying it. But the question has become -- can Twitter keep up with its fan base? Recent concerns about Twitter's network capacity have drawn all kinds of publicity.
LuckMeter.com Announces New Game: the Football Luck MeterJune 14, 2010
- LuckMeter.com, a luck-measurement gaming website, released a new feature named the "Football Luck Meter" in honor of the 2010 World Cup that started on June 11.
NobelCom Greets World Cup 2010 with Special Rates for International Calls to South AfricaJune 14, 2010
- For all the football players and fans who've traveled to the World Cup, NobelCom has introduced special rates for all international calls to and from South Africa.
iomart Hosting to Support the New World Cup Stats Website 11v11.comJune 14, 2010
- Football statistics website 11v11.com has signed a contract with iomart Hosting to provide round-the-clock managed hosting support in preparation for the rise of interest during the World Cup.
MaxRoam Launches World Cup SIM to Cut Roaming Bill for Soccer FansJune 14, 2010
- Cubic Telecom's flagship retail brand MaxRoam, has launched a SIM card for soccer fans from England and Europe visiting South Africa for the World Cup, which will cut the cost of roaming by up to 50 percent or more.
The Associated Press Launches FIFA World Cup 2010 Mobile ApplicationJune 11, 2010
- The mobile news market is booming and soccer-lovers around the globe are going to use mobile news services to stay updated on the crucial matches.
GeoEye Images All 2010 FIFA World Cup Venues Located in South AfricaJune 11, 2010
- GeoEye, Inc., a provider of high quality satellite as well as aerial-based geospatial information and services, revealed that they have imaged all the venues of the 2010 FIFA World Cup to be found in South Africa.
Optus Teams with Option to Offer Australian Mobile Users a USB modem Personalised for Soccer Tournament in South AfricaJune 11, 2010
- Optus, an Australian company specializing in integrated telecommunications, delivering cutting-edge communications, information technology and entertainment services, has selected Option's total solution, the iCON XY to launch its wireless broadband promotion for the soccer tournament in South Africa.
Will Mobile Video Score at the World Cup?June 10, 2010
- Dialogic's Martyn Davies, Video Marketing Manager, recently told TMC about the company's mobile video initiatives, including the company's thoughts on mobile video and the FIFA World Cup.
AT&T Adds ESPN 3D to the U-verse TV Channel LineupJune 10, 2010
- AT&T, a communications holding company, has announced the addition of a new ESPN 3D Channel for 2010 FIFA World Cup to its U-verse TV channel lineup.
Intelsat Satellites to Provide Global Transmission Services of World Cup 2010 in South AfricaJune 9, 2010
- By using its terrestrial platform, IntelsatONESM, to complement the distribution capabilities of its fleet, Intelsat, a leading provider of fixed satellite services, announced that it is providing global transmission services of the World Cup in South Africa.
World Cup Online Action Expected to Reach New Sports RecordJune 9, 2010
- The worldwide soccer tournament out of South Africa will doubtless have fans from the Americas, Africa, Asia and Australia supplementing their TV viewing experience with PCs, smartphones and other mobile devices to check scores, access highlights from the games, and share their news and views of the experience using the wide variety of applications designed for these precise purposes.
2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa Finals in 3D for Cogeco CustomersJune 9, 2010
- After signing an agreement with CBC, digital TV customers of Cogeco Cable in Quebec and Ontario will be able to view the two final matches of the 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa in 3D - free of cost. Cogeco Cable, a telecommunications company, is one the first companies in Canada with such offers. Cogeco Cable's customers will also be able to view CBC's coverage of the 64 matches of the FIFA World Cup at no extra cost on Cogeco On Demand.
France Opens up Online Gaming for World CupJune 8, 2010
- France is known for many things -- like fine wine, priceless art, idyllic towns and charming cafes. And now, the country that brought us croissants can add "World Cup online gaming" to the list.
U.S. Soccer Fans visiting South Africa Will Get Extra Protection via Their SmartphonesJune 8, 2010
- The availability of a smartphone-based service designed to help protect Americans traveling to South Africa for World Cup 2010 was announced by Trafficmaster and Teletrac, providers of GPS "location intelligence" services. Many World Cup visitors will be wary of travelling to and across South Africa to watch the USA play with South Africa reported to have the 10th highest crime rate per capita across 60 developed and developing countries. 24 hour security, helping fans in any emergency will be possible with International Recue, the new smart phone service from Trafficmaster and Teletrac.
Trafficmaster Unveils First Ever International Mobile Phone Travel Emergency AppJune 8, 2010
- Trafficmaster, a dealer in intelligent driving, has stated that they have unveiled the first ever international mobile phone travel emergency and concierge application 'International Rescue' that will aid the 30,000 some U.K. football fans get home safely after the 2010 FIFA World Cup in South Africa.
QlikTech Enables Easy Access to Soccer ScoresJune 8, 2010
- QlikTech, whose powerful, accessible business intelligence solution allows organizations to make better and faster decisions, developed a free application that provides fans with unmatched access to statistics about the forthcoming international soccer tournament.
Live FIFA World Cup on ESPN Mobile TV with HTC EVO 4G and Other Sprint PhonesJune 4, 2010
- The 2010 FIFA World Cup will be brought to Sprint phones including HTC EVO 4G by Sprint in collaboration with ESPN. Soccer fans can tune into 56 live World Cup matches, including semifinals and final along with the opening concert with ESPN Mobile TV available through Sprint TV.
Avanquest Software Develops Soccer Sudoku 2010, the New Mobile Game ApplicationJune 3, 2010
- The first mobile game application, Soccer Sudoku 2010 has been launched by Avanquest Software, a premier global developer of professional and consumer software.
Sony Ericsson believes Real-time Medias like Twitter Will Make FIFA World Cup Games More ExcitingJune 3, 2010
- Sony Ericsson's team believes that each individual match at this year's FIFA World Cup will be made more exciting and interesting due to the instantaneous nature of Twitter and other social media websites.
AT&T, ESPN Chart Out More Ways for Users to Follow the 2010 FIFA World CupJune 3, 2010
- AT&T and sports broadcaster ESPN are bringing interactive coverage of the 2010 FIFA World Cup and have enabled fans to watch all live matches from ESPN on AT&T Mobile TV and MobiTV.
High School Robot Soccer Match on SaturdayJune 2, 2010
- Eight high school teams with as many as 100 members and participating parents will take on a small, enclosed "field" across from the local courthouse. This "field" will resemble a compact version of a soccer field, which includes a pit area so teams not playing can tend and care for their robotic players.
AT&T Partners with Univision to Launch U-verse Univision 2010 FIFA World Cup ApplicationJune 2, 2010
- AT&T and Univision recently announced the launch of the Univision 2010 FIFA World Cup app.
Bluetooth Special Interest Group Launches Second Bluetooth Innovation World Cup 2010June 2, 2010
- The Bluetooth Special Interest Group has announced the start of the second Bluetooth Innovation World Cup. After having a successful competition in the year 2009, the trade organization has decided to once again call on developers, entrepreneurs and students to submit their concepts for applications using the new Bluetooth low energy wireless technology.
Kick'n'Mix Ltd Brings Soccer-Themed Puzzle Game for iPhone, iPad and iPod TouchJune 2, 2010
- "The inclusion of the the easier levels means you can pick up the phone and play a complete game in under a minute - and then immediately share your score with friends on Facebook", he added.
Four Eutelsat Satellites Going to Broadcast Live 2010 FIFA World CupMay 28, 2010
- For the first time in history the FIFA World Cup Football will be held in Africa, and it will be broadcast worldwide by four satellites operated by Eutelsat Communications.
FIFA World Cup iPhone Application developed by Fox Soccer Channel in collaboration with 2ergoMay 28, 2010
- The availability of Fox Soccer Channel's "Ticket to South Africa" iPhone app featuring coverage of the FIFA World Cup has been announced by Fox Soccer Channel and 2ergo Americas. With anticipation building around the world for one of the most popular events in all of sports, the application is available for download free of charge in Apple's App Store which will keep fans unable to see the games in person, up to date.
Nike helps 'Write the Future' of AdvertisingMay 24, 2010
- Nike has reached commendable success with the YouTube release of its ad "Write the Future." The advertisement, which features a medley of soccer stars spliced with images of their fans across the world, is a visually stimulating piece that has captured the attention of millions of viewers.
ESPN to Use Cisco TelePresence for 2010 FIFA World CupMay 21, 2010
- Cisco, the provider of networking that transforms how people connect, communicate and collaborate, has announced that ESPN will be utilizing Cisco TelePresence to live and recorded coverage of soccer matches at the 2010 FIFA World Cup Soccer Tournament in South Africa.
The Magical iPad: Can Make Even Soccer Less StupefyingApril 15, 2010
- We're pros here, so we can handle any assignment thrown our way, but when we were asked to evaluate The Gaffer's contention that the iPad can make soccer, the world's most boring sport, somewhat less stupefying, well, we did what seasoned pros do: Opened a beer or two and got to work.
Aruna Media AG Selects SENSIO as Technology PartnerApril 14, 2010
- Looking to provide live 3D distribution of the 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa games to cinemas and stadiums worldwide, Aruna Media AGhas selected SENSIOas its main live 3D events technology partner. Aruna owns the FIFA World Cup live broadcast rights for out-of-home 3D HD.
Univision Communications Announces Football World Cup Coverage for Spanish Language ViewersMarch 25, 2010
- Spanish language users can now enjoy FIFA World Cup South Africa 2010 as Univision Communications will be providing extensive cross-platform coverage for the exclusive Spanish-language broadcast of the event.
Viewer Temperatures to Rise with Remarkable Coverage from Virgin Media and ITV1 HDMarch 16, 2010
- With the World Cup just around the corner, TV companies are competing with each other to offer viewers some unforgettable games, covering every nail biting moment and breathtaking ones.
The ITV1 HD channel joins the company's line up as it gears up to offer its digital TV customers complete coverage of all the football matches from April 2 onwards. Virgin Media TV viewers are being promised some unforgettable games as all the heart stopping moments will be captured in stunning High Definition.
MACH Equips Mobile Operators with Roaming Facility at the FIFA World Cup 2010March 11, 2010
- MACH, an operator of hub-based mobile communications exchange, has launched a new offering that will equip mobile operators to offer roaming facility to their customers who are travelling to South Africa for the FIFA World Cup 2010.
Digital Map of South Africa Available from Tele Atlas Ready for World Cup SoccerMarch 5, 2010
- Tele Atlas has introduced a World Cup Soccer-ready digital map of South Africa. The special version of Tele Atlas' MultiNet map database includes all roads in South Africa, Lesotho and Swaziland as well as accurate details of the nine host cities in South Africa.
USmart, Mirics Partner to Bring Live World Cup Soccer to Portable PCsMarch 4, 2010
- Mirics, which provides total system solutions for converged wireless connectivity on portable consumer electronic devices such as notebook PCs, media players and cell phones, announced a partnership with Hong Kong-based USmart Electronic Products to develop multi-standard broadcast TV platforms targeting notebook computers.
World Cup Drives Flat Panel TV Growth in BrazilMarch 4, 2010
- The World Cup this summer is expected to drive flat panel TV growth in Brazil. According to a report by DisplaySearch, the TV market in Brazil has historically experienced a surge in TV demand every four years when the World Cup takes place.
Get Ready for 3D Sports TVMarch 3, 2010
- Andy Staples of Sports Illustrated has seen the future - in 3D. And yes, it works. Pretty much, anyway.
Queen Rania Al Abdullah of Jordan, GSMA and World Cup Stars Team up for Education CampaignFebruary 19, 2010
- Queen Rania Al Abdullah of Jordan, the GSMA and international soccer players have announced the "1Goal: Education for All" mobile campaign.
Tech Retailer Best Buy to Pick 15 Teens for South Africa Soccer CampFebruary 19, 2010
- Best Buy -- a multinational technology and entertainment products and services retailer -- has launched the @15 Soccer Camp Sweepstakes, an online sweepstakes that will select and send 15 Teens to participate in 2010 Coca-Cola International Soccer Camp in Pretoria, South Africa from June 15-20.
Telegent and Brightstar Partner to Launch 'Soccer TV' PhoneFebruary 17, 2010
- Telegent Systems, the company that makes television mobile, and Brightstar Corp., a major player in value-added distribution and integrated supply chain solutions for the wireless industry, reportedly have entered into a partnership to launch a low-cost handset that delivers live, free-to-air broadcast TV to Latin American and African consumers prior to this summer's 2010 soccer World Cup in South Africa.