SportStream Launches Social Fan Experience Builder for Teams and MediaMay 7, 2013
- SportStream, which develops social second-screen experiences for sports fans, has launched a new platform for teams, leagues, TV, media companies and others to create and manage tailored social media experiences in any digital environment, from Websites and apps to digital displays inside stadiums.
Joe Montana, Joint Juice Collaborate to Create Football App Benefiting Arthritis FoundationMay 1, 2013
- With the start of Arthritis Awareness Month occurring just today, hall of fame quarterback Joe Montana has teamed up with joint health supplement provider Joint Juice to develop a new football app called "Throw with Joe." The application is highlighted for allowing users to play the pig skin game while also raising funds for the Arthritis Foundation.
Sport Ngin to Develop and Manage USA Hockey's Online PropertiesApril 26, 2013
- Sport Ngin is expected to become the "Preferred Technology Provider of USA Hockey." The company is a provider of Web software and mobile applications for youth, amateur and professional sports. It specializes in the execution of digital sports content strategy, design, and marketing.
Athletic Improvement Company Introduces iRake Sports AppApril 18, 2013
- Athletic Improvement Company has introduced an application which will help parents who do not have any baseball coaching abilities to help their children improve their performance in the sport.
What's Happening in the Soccer World? Ask the inFootball AppMarch 21, 2013
- Mobile video viewing, which has frustrated many smartphone users because of network congestion and slow download times, took a turn for the better with the launch of inmobly's free Android app- PAUL- in February 2013.
Los Angeles Dodgers Collaborate with ANC Sports to Give Baseball Fans Crystal Clear Video at StadiumMarch 4, 2013
- As the entire nation awaits the debut of this year's MLB season later this month, the Los Angeles' Dodgers Stadium relishes its receiving of a few cosmetic improvements, including a new giant video display.
In 1980, Dodgers introduced full color video screens.
Can MLB.TV and At Bat App Sustain the Climbing Momentum?February 26, 2013
- You can feel it in the air - the fervor, the excitement and the mad streak that seems to run through all fans as another big baseball season arrives. With major league baseball heralding the coming of spring with training games from Florida and Arizona, baseball fans are readying themselves for another fiesta of live games.
BBC Sport Launches Android Supported AppFebruary 20, 2013
- BBC has released its latest sports app for Android users, to go along with the recently released iOS version for Apple users.
FIFA Finally Announces it Will Use Goal-line Technology at 2014 World CupFebruary 19, 2013
- After much controversy and rigorous trial runs, world soccer governing body FIFA has surprised no one with their formal decision to use goal-line technology at the 2014 FIFA World Cup to be held in Brazil.
Coming Attractions: Live Streamed High School SportsFebruary 13, 2013
- Sick and tired of single-camera coverage of high school sports on community access TV? What about your kids and relatives graduating with book smarts but without hands-on experience and skills that can lead to a broad range of job opportunities?
TELUS Unveils The Fan CupFebruary 6, 2013
- Marking the final celebrations of the 100th Grey Cup, TELUS has introduced The Fan Cup, presented by TELUS into The Canadian Football Hall of Fame (CFHOF). The company has partnered with the Canadian Football League (CFL) for this purpose.
HiViz Field, Stadium Believes its 'Green' Lighting Solution Could've Prevented Super Bowl Power OutageFebruary 4, 2013
- Just over a minute and a half into the second half, the lights at the Superdome went out and caused a delay of over half an hour, while crews all over scrambled to reboot the lighting system. Officials have said the power outage was caused by an "abnormal" feed coming from outside the stadium, but have yet to figure out exactly what caused it.
Amiigo Unveils New Fitness Device Designed to Make Workouts SMARTERFebruary 1, 2013
- With the continued evolution of technology, products are being designed to be "Smarter". There is Smart Water, the Smart Car, and now a new wearable technology from Amiigo, makking your workouts "SMARTER".
Cummings Signs Contract for Exclusive Use of iON CamerasJanuary 31, 2013
- Dean Cummings, a popular mountain skier, has collaborated with iON Worldwide for special usage and promotion of iON Cameras. A believer of safety during avalanches, Cummings and his organizations have chosen iON Cameras mainly for their best-in-class performance in the tough outdoor environment.
Catapult to Introduce New Indoor GPS Tracking Sensors for AthletesJanuary 31, 2013
- Anyone who is a former athlete tries to live by the mantra "play every play like it's your last." That's all good and well, but we'd be lying if we said we have never taken it easy in practice a time or two. Well, an Australian-based company is making sure that coaches can track an athlete's every move, down to his/her heartbeat to make sure that athlete is performing up to his or her standards.
Level 3 to Provide Live Broadcast of Super Bowl XLVII via Vyvx ServicesJanuary 31, 2013
- Level 3 Communications, Inc recently announced that it will leverage its Vyvx VenueNet+ technology service offering to provide a live broadcast of Super Bowl XLVII on Feb. 3.
Ooyala Provides In-Stream Video Viewing on TwitterJanuary 23, 2013
- If you do not have a presence in the social media market, you almost don't exist in the modern world. Everybody, from an adolescent learning the computer keypad to large corporate houses have some sort of social media presence. The new technologies that are being introduced in this domain will only increase its popularity.
Helping users make use of the popularity of the Twitter, Ooyala has unveiled a Twitter Video Card solution. The solution allows the Ooyala customers to share videos with their Twitter followers by inserting them into their feeds.
Comcast-Spectacor Uses IMT Nucomm CamPac 2 Remote Camera SystemJanuary 23, 2013
- Comcast-Spectacor inked a partnership agreement with Integrated Microwave Technologies for the use of Nucomm CamPac2 camera-mounted transmitter and Newscaster DR2 diversity receiver. Comcast-Spectacor is the parent company of the Philadelphia Flyers and owner of the Wells Fargo Center.
Verizon May Bring LTE Users The Super Bowl in 2014January 10, 2013
- The Super Bowl may well be the biggest occasion on any football fan's calendar, as well as on any advertiser's calendar. But it may well take on a whole new significance for Verizon LTE subscribers starting in 2014, if a plan mentioned during Verizon CEO and chairman Lowell McAdam's CES keynote comes to pass.
ESPN Enjoys Being the Highest Rated Cable Program in Last Two Years with Monday Night's Championship GameJanuary 9, 2013
- Monday night's BCS National Championship game was one of the most anticipated games in its history. It had all of the proper storylines, just as if Hollywood wrote the script. We had two great programs rich with tradition, the University of Notre Dame against the University of Alabama.
Colorado Rockies and Sparta Performance Science Partner-Up to Improve Player PerformanceJanuary 4, 2013
- The Colorado Rockies have announced a partnership with training specialist Sparta Performance Science. The Rockies will be the first professional sports team to incorporate Sparta's force plate technology and proprietary software into its strength-and-conditioning program.
Newly Debuted Outdoor Sports Cases Protect Us from WaterJanuary 3, 2013
- Everybody knows that no matter what type of "invincible" case you put on your smartphone, there is no way to protect it from the ultimate destroyer of our high tech devices-water. In order to protect people most prone to these situations, Bracketron has created a new accessory line of water resilient sports cases.
Mobivity and C Spire Wireless Partner to Create Interactive Fan EngagementDecember 13, 2012
- To create unique and brand-specific experiences for basketball fans, Mobivity Holdings Corporation, a provider of proprietary mobile marketing technologies and solutions, has announced a partnership with C Spire Wireless to create interactive and unique fan engagement solutions for the Memphis Grizzlies and FedExForum.
The Memphis Grizzlies are a professional basketball team based in Memphis, Tennessee.
NBC Sports Group Teams up with Yahoo! on Sports Content DealDecember 10, 2012
- NBC Sports Group and Yahoo! announced a partnership last night that will combine two of the largest sports sites on the Internet. NBC Sports will combine its digital assets and television promotion, with Yahoo! Sports reporting content and coverage of all big events.
mophie Announces Nationwide Availability of OutRideDecember 5, 2012
- Eliminating the need for a dedicated action sports camera, mophie has unveiled OutRide, the wide-angle, waterproof mounting system.
OutRide allows users to capture and share their rides with friends, followers and professional athletes from around the world.
SportStream Just Made Trash Talking on Facebook Easier for Sports FansDecember 5, 2012
- Sports fans are increasingly engaging on social media during their favorite games. In fact, according to a recent statement from SportStream, about 83 percent of sports fans regularly check social media sites while watching the game. And since there is an app for everything, there's naturally an app to make sorting through social feeds for game-related content easier, ensuring that fans receive the content that is most relevant to them.
Unified Communications in BasketballDecember 4, 2012
- If you follow basketball more than I do (which isn't hard), you probably know the first thing about either of them, since my knowledge doesn't go past their existence.
But I can still share a little, since both teams' IT execs have decided to pick up Unified Communications.
MIT Knows Sports Video Games, and Their PlayersDecember 4, 2012
- The folks at Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) have been conducting a study for over a year now, taking a closer look at the phenomenon of sports video gaming. Abe Stein at the MIT Game Lab, himself a sports gamer, took a closer look at just who makes up this segment of gaming, and released the results in a report late November.
Phizzle Looks to Improve Mobile Engagement for Fans of Phoenix Suns, Philadelphia 76ersNovember 28, 2012
- Looking to provide an improved mobile experience for fans of the Phoenix Suns and the Philadelphia 76ers during the 2012-2013 NBA season, Phizzle has announced various improvements in its services.
Phizzle helps companies derive a more personal conversation anytime, anywhere and on any smartphone.
Global Gaming Network Unveils a Revamped AmpedFantasy WebsiteNovember 28, 2012
- In an effort to grab a significant share in the multi-billion dollar fantasy sports market in North America, Global Gaming Network (GBGM) acquired AmpedFantasy a few months back. Now as a part of their growth and expansion strategy, GBGM has introduced major enhancements to the Amped Fantasy website.
Vunder Sports Network to Launch New OTT Service Powered by BI's CodecSysNovember 27, 2012
- Vunder Sports Network, an OTT/IPTV broadcaster, is set to deploy the CodecSys transcoding platform for its over-the-top (OTT) sports network.
CodecSys was developed by Broadcast International, a provider of managed video solutions, including digital signage, OTT networks, IPTV, and live/on-demand content distribution for the enterprise.
iON Worldwide Unveils 'iON The Game' HD Video Camera for Sports, Motion AnalysisNovember 27, 2012
- iON Worldwide has launched a high-definition (HD) video camera 'iON The Game' designed for capturing and analyzing video of motion sports such as golf, basketball, baseball and tennis. The new camera dons a 2.4-inch LCD color screen which makes it easy to shoot footage of golf putts or tennis swings, and then play back the video instantly for analysis.
New Potato Offers Classic Match Foosball on iPadNovember 21, 2012
- New Potato Technologies welcomes all Foosball lovers to play a good game of traditional foosball by the company's Classic Match Foosball for iPad accessory.
Connect with Your Favorite Texan Football Programs Using the FiOS1 High School Sports WidgetNovember 21, 2012
- Friday night lights in Texas will burn a bit brighter for Verizon FiOS customers. Verizon Communications, a broadband and wireless communications service provider, has revealed the FiOS1 High School Sports Widget, offering customers an innovative, convenient way to stay connected to their favorite high school football programs whenever they want.
News Corp. Buys Chunk of YES Network, Yankees Regional Sports NetworkNovember 20, 2012
- News Corp., parent company of Fox ventures is picking up a substantial chunk of the regional cable sports channel of the New York Yankees. Following a payment of $500 million and some shifting around in the overall ownership structure, News Corp. will have a 49 percent stake in the YES Network.
MoZeus Worldwide Partners with NFL StarsNovember 16, 2012
- Mobile-marketing and content management software company MoZeus Worldwide is plunging into a new approach of celebrity charity engagement. The company signed an agreement with NFL stars on consumer photo mobile app to raise money for charity.
The World is at Your Ski Tips with Social MediaNovember 16, 2012
- First, came ski magazines. Then it was ski movies. And now, it's all about ski social media.
POWERADE Teams with Endomondo Fitness CommunityNovember 7, 2012
- Everyone has heard it time and time again: hydration is the most important part of any weight loss program, health regime or workout. We need water to survive, and we need even more to thrive.
Tempo Tunes Radio Trains Golfers, Other Athletes through MusicNovember 5, 2012
- Research shows that music in sports can prepare individuals for competition in many ways. Top athletes sometimes wear headphones and listen to music before a big game to relax. What if they listened to music that was developed to match their tempo and rhythm, and through that process built fluid movement that increased their performance?
fanatix Announces US Launch of Sports AppOctober 31, 2012
- Officials noted that the average fanatix user is now accessing the app five and a half times a day - with the average registered user accessing the service over 10 times a day - captivating sports fans before, during and after live sporting events. fanatix provides sports enthusiasts with the ultimate platform to share and discuss their passion for sports.
Sprint Adds Zing to Live Coverage with its NBA Game Time AppOctober 29, 2012
- The fervor among NBA fans is gathering momentum as another gala basketball season steams along with Sprint, promising greater live coverage, video alerts and real-time scores and statistics through its NBA Game Time app.
This happens to be the second season for Sprint as official wireless service partner of the National Basketball Association, and fans can watch live games on the Sprint TV ESPN channel and receive free and unlimited access to all the features of NBA Game Time Plus.
Aruba and YinzCam Collaborate to Provide Improved Wi-Fi in StadiumsOctober 24, 2012
- Aruba Networks, Inc. and YinzCam recently announced that they will be collaborating over the integration of Aruba's high-density, application-aware wireless LAN (WLAN) solution and the advanced mobile sports applications from YinzCam, to provide fans in stadiums with an improved wireless experience. Leveraging the joint solution, venue owners, and service provider partners will now be able to offer fans with affordable access to HD video instant replay and live camera angles, among other value-added applications and services.
Ericsson's Stadium-Optimized Wi-Fi Solution Set to Thrill AficionadosOctober 16, 2012
- You can watch a sports match, listen to a concert or a musical recital from the comfort of your living room, but can it compare with the joy of attending the event live in a full stadium amid the roars of fans, the clapping of hands and sharing the experience with friends and family?
Not really, and yet there's a snag.
LifeProof Official Sponsor of IRONMAN and IRONMAN 70.3 EventsOctober 12, 2012
- World Triathlon Corporation, owner of the IRONMAN Series, recently announced that it has signed a contract with LifeProof, the maker of all-protective, everyday cases for smartphones and tablets, for the official sponsorship.
A Unique Opportunity for Sports Fans, Just in Time for the Holiday SeasonOctober 11, 2012
- In a simpler time, autographs from athletes were procured by standing in a long line when they made a public appearance or by clambering around whenever they left the field. Although many lifelong memories have been made this way, many young people's hopes have been crushed when time didn't allow for an autograph.
iPad Deployments in the NFL: A Winning StrategyOctober 9, 2012
- This year, the Cincinnati Bengals will join a fast-growing list of NFL teams making mobile technology a central element of daily operations. More franchises are ditching dead-tree playbooks in favor of custom apps they can call up on an iPad. Instead of pages of pre-snap formations and zone-blocking schemes, they now have interactive, swipe- and search-able, video-embedded and annotated digital plays.
TeamSnap Mobile App takes away the Pain Points of Managing Sports TeamsOctober 8, 2012
- Who said managing was fun? Anyone who has been in that position knows what it's actually like. Be it business or people, there are a million tasks that need to be coordinated and collaborated. That's not only tedious and time consuming but just takes away the joy of focusing on the actual task. And, though sports may be fun, sports team management is not all that easy.
Hamilton Bulldogs Have a New Official Broadcaster: TVA SportsOctober 5, 2012
- The Montreal Canadiens' developmental team, the Hamilton Bulldogs, will be appearing on TVA Sports this season, thanks to an agreement made between TVA Sports and the American Hockey League.
Today, TVA Sports was officially named the Official French Language Television Broadcaster of the Hamilton Bulldogs.
Viaplay Deploys Envivio Muse Software-Based Encoding SolutionsOctober 5, 2012
- Viaplay, a part of Modern Times Group and the premier online service for TV, film and sport on the Nordic market, recently selected Envivio's Muse software-based encoding solutions to enhance its service.
Headquartered in South San Francisco, California, Envivio is a well-known player in solutions for multi-screen video-over-IP delivery.
M&T Bank Stadium Implements Corning MobileAccess DAS to Offer Enhanced Wireless CoverageOctober 5, 2012
- To offer a premier fan experience, M&T Bank Stadium, home of the National Football League's Baltimore Ravens, has reportedly leveraged Corning MobileAccess2000, a multi-service, multi-operator DAS capable of providing wireless coverage over a single, broadband infrastructure.
With the deployment of this distributed antenna system from Corning MobileAccess, fans will enjoy "always-on" wireless coverage throughout the facility, including reliable voice service and fast, 4G LTE-capable data speeds.
Blue Ox Entertainment Unveils SideBets Peer-To-Peer Sports Betting AppOctober 5, 2012
- Blue Ox Entertainment, specializing in application development, launched the enhanced SideBets app, a peer-to-peer sports betting application.
Mobivity Partners with the Tampa Bay Times Forum Arena, All Involved Sport FranchisesOctober 2, 2012
- Mobivity has joined hands with the Tampa Bay Lightning, Tampa Bay Storm and Tampa Bay Times Forum Arena to let fans interact with all three companies. Mobivity will make use of its proprietary mobile marketing platform to facilitate this interaction.
The company will also provide in-stadium graphics for live polling.
Reebok, Echo Nest, and Spotify Team Up to Create Pitch-Perfect Workout PlaylistsSeptember 24, 2012
- Anyone who has ever spent grueling hours on the treadmill knows how difficult it can be to find the motivation to workout. With the redundant nature of cardio, making it to an hour can be more than a little challenging.
Global Gaming Network Remodels Fantasy Sports Website, AmpedFantasySeptember 20, 2012
- Allowing users to legally gamble on players that take part in domestic sporting matches, GlobalGamingNetwork.com has introduced its completely remodeled AmpedFantasy website, www.AmpedFantasy.com.
With this new launch, the company looks to exploit the craze for this fall's NFL season.
Fantasy Football Costing Employers a Real $6.5 BillionSeptember 18, 2012
- When employees think of distractions at work, I'm sure the words "Facebook" and "Twitter" are the first to pop up. But those are not the social distractions to be concerned about. Three weeks into fantasy football and I'm still lost in the wrong end zone. For the rest of the workforce, however, fantasy footballers are enjoying managing their teams. They're also costing employers up to $6.5 billion in lost productivity.
Pickmoto Releases Fantasy Sports AppSeptember 18, 2012
- A wildly popular new hobby has taken America by storm these last few years, and does not seem to be losing any steam. Fantasy sports leagues are a hit among groups of friends across the country, and even through more anonymous virtual circles. Men, women and even children love to imagine a world in which they're in control of putting together the best sports team imaginable.
Ubersense Receives $1.1 million Seed FundingSeptember 18, 2012
- The sports industry is a multibillion dollar business that covers many different fields. At the core are athletes who depend on science, technology and good old fashion hard work and dedication to make them perform better and excel in their particular discipline.
GAIN Fitness Picks Cloudant Data Layer to Support Heroku-Based Personal Trainer AppSeptember 17, 2012
- GAIN Fitness has said that it's using the Cloudant Data Layer managed cloud database service to support its Heroku-based digital personal trainer mobile app.
Charleston Soccer League Selects TeamSnap SaaSSeptember 14, 2012
- The Charleston Soccer League announced that it has selected TeamSnap Software- as -a -Service (SaaS) for use in its clubs and leagues.
Bitzio Enters into Partnership with NFL Players to Produce Football Trivia Mobile AppSeptember 11, 2012
- Bitzio has entered into a licensing partnership with NFL Players to develop an innovative, player-based trivia application for iOS devices. The Football Trivia app, which will launch in mid-October, will pit fans against fans as they answer trivia questions about a selected player in a competitive duel of football knowledge.
New England Patriots to Get Big New Wi-Fi Access at Gillette StadiumSeptember 10, 2012
- When September rolls around, at least in the United States, two key points pop into a lot of heads: school starting back up, and football. Occasionally the two are even intertwined, with high school and college ball.
RocketPlay Debuts Sports Casino on Facebook and ZyngaSeptember 6, 2012
- Social betting games continue to grow in popularity. RocketPlay, an entertainment and gaming company formerly known as Gamingo, is now delivering engaging second-screen sports experience with live in-game betting Sports Casino on Facebook and Zynga.com.
Amateur and professional sports gamblers now have a chance to practice their skills on RocketPlay's newly launched social sports betting game.
Intelimax Unveils DraftTeam.comSeptember 4, 2012
- A fantasy sport is a game where participants are the owners to build a team that plays against other fantasy owners. The results will be based on the statistics generated by the real individual players or teams of a professional sport. According to a roster selected by a manager that makes up a fantasy team, the most common variant converts statistical performance into points that are compiled and totaled.
UPS Partners with STATS LLC in Creating Team Performance Index for College FootballSeptember 4, 2012
- Global logistics provider UPS, the official logistics partner of the NCAA, recently teamed up with sports technology, content and data company STATS LLC to design the UPS Team Performance Index (TPI) for college football.
Oscar Pistorius, Advancements in Prosthetics Set Precedent for Future of ParalympiansAugust 29, 2012
- The story of Oscar Pistorius, the Olympic sprinter nicknamed "Blade Runner" for his prosthetic lower legs, is an inspiration to those who see it. But there are those who are inspired in a completely different way by his story, and as a result, may very well produce prosthetic devices that may one day mean the end of the Paralympics as we know them.
Ticketmaster: The One Stop Shop for NBA Tickets, Offering Primary and ResaleAugust 21, 2012
- NBA fans can now buy tickets for upcoming games - directly from the market as well as from the other fans who want to resell their tickets. The National Basketball Association has selected Ticketmaster, a Live Nation Entertainment company, to develop a comprehensive online ticketing portal for NBA fans.
ViaWest to Participate in 2012 USA Pro Challenge as Official PartnerAugust 16, 2012
- ViaWest recently announced that it is the official partner for the 2012 USA Pro Challenge and will also be the presenting partner for the Pro Challenge Founder's Ride - a thirteen-mile bike ride to be held in Denver on August 26. ViaWest is one of the premier providers of colocation, complex hosting, cloud and managed services to businesses of all sizes.
Kick off the Football Season and Score with the New FiT AppAugust 15, 2012
- Another football season kicks off on 18th August 2012 and for 38 game weeks until May 2013; football aficionados are going to have the time of their lives. Fantasy iTeam, believed to have been created by football fans for football fans, in its new avatar, Fantasy iTeam EPL 12/13 (FiT), promises excitement galore.
Siemens Named Official Communication Technology Provider for Pro Football Hall of FameAugust 14, 2012
- The Pro Football Hall of Fame stands as a shining tribute to the men who have made professional football one of America's most popular sports. The Hall of Fame is undergoing "The Future 50" Expansion & Renovation Project; it will be completed in time of the Hall of Fame's 50th Anniversary in 2013 and will set the museum on course for the future, the Hall of Fame will grow to 118,000 square feet from its current 85,000 square feet.
Microsoft Kinect Makes Exercise Work for Special Needs SchoolsAugust 7, 2012
- Exercise in schools has always been a bit of a debate, with the importance of gym class going in and out of favor over the years. One aspect of the conversation that doesn't get much attention, however, is where exercise comes in for special needs students.
Zurvita Reaches Milestone with Record Revenue in June 2012August 2, 2012
- Zurvita Holdings Inc., a dynamic direct-to-consumer network marketing company with a huge onus to high-quality wellness and weight management, reached a milestone in June 2012 by earning over $1,000,000 in revenue in just one month, and also by recruiting over 1,100 new consultants during the same period.
The company reported revenue of $2,002,697 for the three months ending April 30, 2012 - an increase in revenue of $1,214,641 for the quarter ending April 30, 2011.
Tickets.com Teams up with Mad MobileAugust 1, 2012
- If you have not used Tickets.com, then the odds are good that you probably don't go out that much. For those of you who are not familiar with the site, it is a kind of comprehensive portal for getting tickets to events of all kinds, from the home game of your favorite team to the almost sold out show from the hottest band. If you want to get into an event, then Tickets.com is most likely going to have what you want on hand.
West Ottawa Soccer Selects TeamSnapAugust 1, 2012
- TeamSnap is an online service that saves you time by allowing you to efficiently manage your sports team. It is great for soccer, baseball, football, hockey and many other sports.
Third Annual ATSNJ Sports Safety Summit to Feature Tech, Health TalkJuly 30, 2012
- The Athletic Trainers' Society of New Jersey (ATSNJ) recently released the agenda for the Third Annual ATSNJ Sports Safety Summit. Discussion will range from technology, to rule enforcement, to new studies regarding concussions and other sports-related injuries.
Xirrus Covers the Tour de FranceJuly 24, 2012
- Xirrus, the peerless leader in high-performance wireless networks, announced today that it had deployed its wireless arrays across the course of the Tour de France 2012. The deployment was handled by a coalition of the French Operation Division of Orange Events and NBC which holds exclusive coverage rights on the event.
Alter-G Allows Athletes to Stay Fit Through InjuriesJuly 18, 2012
- Every benched athlete wants to get back in it as soon as possible. To help amateur and professional athletes kick start their recovery processes as best they can, Sports Reaction Center (SRC) has introduced Alter-G, an innovative treadmill which allows a combination of weight, speed and grade adjustments and allows users to exercise pain free.
Egraphs Can Give You More than Your Favorite Athlete's SignatureJuly 18, 2012
- The Apple iPad has a myriad of different uses. Games, tracking finances and surfing the Web can all be done on one device. Because of its versatility and mobility the iPad has led to the birth of the popular tablet market in a big way and controls that market with an iron fist.
Flash Networks Reports Triple-Digit Surge in Global Mobile Video Traffic during UEFA EURO 2012July 11, 2012
- Watching sports and other special events on the Web is becoming more popular day by day. According to statistics published by Flash Networks, a provider of mobile Internet optimization and monetization solutions, there was a significant increase in global traffic and video viewing of sports-related content during the EURO 2012 (the UEFA European Football Championship).
Two Leading Sports Goods Suppliers Implement Epicor's Sporting Goods Retail Management SoftwareJuly 2, 2012
- Glenn's Sporting Goods and Pacesetter Sports, renowned sporting goods suppliers, have selected Epicor's store management solution, Epicor Eagle, a full-featured retail business management suite capable of addressing unique business challenges in today's sports retail environment.
Fans Set Tweeting Record During 2012 Soccer FinalJuly 2, 2012
- When Spain defeated Italy on Sunday, there were no sports records broken per se, but an important record was broken by soccer fans in relation to the event. According to Twitter, users of the social networking site fired off more than 15,000 tweets per second during Spain's fourth goal in the European Championship final.
Rokform Unveils Golf ShooterJune 26, 2012
- All good coaches make use of some type of golf swing analysis technology to support their diagnosis and advance their coaching. This can be anything from simple video camera play back to the most advanced golf swing analysis, which is combined with systems incorporating hardware feedback and data from items such as high speed video cameras.
Wimbledon 2012 to be Fully Connected with Android CoverageJune 21, 2012
- While it's nothing new for a major sporting event to feature plenty of live Internet and mobile-based coverage, Wimbledon 2012 will stand as yet another example of how connected technology has changed sports reporting. With websites, apps and live audio and video streams, tennis fans the world over will have 24-hour access to this year's tournament.
Oklahoma State University Adopts Illume Mobile's SaleSentral Mobile App for AthleticsJune 20, 2012
- MacroSolve, functioning under the name of Illume Mobile, announced that Oklahoma State University will be adopting SaleSentral mobile app for tablets to spruce up its football recruiting efforts. Illume specializes in delivering mobile technologies, apps, and solutions that are suitable for business use.
New SportStream iPad App Combines the Best of the Social Networking, Sports WorldsJune 15, 2012
- At their heart, watching sports is a community event. When we go to a game we are usually surrounded by several thousand like-minded individuals who we will cheer … or boo right along with. We'll high five, or commiserate with perfect strangers as if they were our best friends. But what happens when you can't go to a game? What if you are watching all alone from the comfort of your couch? One new iPad app appears to be trying to make sure you are still a part of a community even when you are all alone, and the SportsStream application seems to hit it out of the park in this regard.
'Hanging Out With Fans' will See NBA Stars Stephen Curry and Brandon Jennings Participate in the PlayUp AppJune 13, 2012
- PlayUp recently announced it will work together with NBA stars Stephen Curry, of the Golden State Warriors, and Brandon Jennings as the 2012 NBA Finals approach. PlayUp is the first social network app that focuses exclusively on entertaining sports fans, socializers and gamers.
Social Site CyclingBuddy.com Opening API for Independent App DevelopersJune 12, 2012
- In the kingdom of social networking, there are few sites that are doing it right, as often as Facebook is.
One of the ways the company has managed to make itself so popular over the last few years is opening up to third party applications.
MYTRAK Unveils The Biggest Loser SLIMCOACHJune 11, 2012
- Helping people achieve their fitness goals, MYTRAK Health System, the maker of The Biggest Loser SLIMCOACH, has come up with a new tool that's easy to use and acts as a personal "coach" to help people stick to a customized fitness regimen.
Study Shows Sports Fans Using More Social MediaJune 11, 2012
- A new study by Perform sports media group reports that more sports fans are using social media to engage with and follow sports in 2012.
Whether news content, score updates, replays, opinions or analyses, fans are consuming more content via social media and mobile devices than in years previous.
New iPad App Helps Predict Sports Injuries Before They HappenJune 7, 2012
- Think about this: what if you could predict an injury before it even happened?
A professor at High Point University (HPU), in the Piedmont Triad region of North Carolina, has developed web-based software and an application for the iPad that may do just that to help coaches predict sports injuries in players before the injuries occur.
Finnish Hockey Fans Get Social with MTV3 and Never.no Interactivity SuiteJune 5, 2012
- As one of the largest commercial broadcasters in Finland, it's about time MTV3 taps into social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter, and the company is doing just that.
USGA Launches Redesigned Website for 2012 U.S. OpenJune 1, 2012
- The redesigned official website of the 112th U.S. Open Championship - usopen.com- is now available for U.S. Open fans. Powered by IBM's cloud computing platform, the redesigned website offers exceptional functionality and new features to entertain, inform and engage fans.
New Survey on International Employee Absenteeism Addresses Sporting EventsMay 23, 2012
- Kronos Incorporated's Workforce Institute hired Harris Interactive to conduct a global survey about employees who call in sick to attend sporting events.
Entitled "Sidelined by Sports," the survey was conducted online between April 10th and 12, 2012.
PumpOne Unveils Enhanced FitnessClass OfferingMay 21, 2012
- PumpOne has unveiled an enhanced version of its innovative FitnessClass offering. A completely revamped FitnessClass offering now includes a new Website, FitnessBuilder.com. Similar to the existing FitnessClass App for the iPad, the latest Website offers a huge assortment of first-class on-demand, streaming fitness videos. Users can now access FitnessClass on a PC or a Mac, apart from the iPad.
Spotcycle Supports New International Bike-share SystemsMay 18, 2012
- 8D Technologies' bike-share mobile application, Spotcycle, is now available to several new North American and international bike-share systems. B-cycle bike-share users, including those in Denver CO, Madison WI and Fort Lauderdale (Broward) FL, will now have access to Spotcycle.
ARI's FootSteps Channel Connect Licensed by JaycoApril 30, 2012
- ARI Network Services, Inc. recently announced that its lead management solution, FootSteps Channel Connect, has now been licensed by Jayco Inc., the world's largest privately-held manufacturer of recreation vehicles, for use in the latter's corporate staff, operating divisions and dealers.
ARI is a major provider of SaaS and DaaS solutions that connect consumers, dealers, distributors and manufacturers in the outdoor power, powersports, marine, RV and appliance markets.
The Golf Warehouse Selects Total Site Performance Solution of Level 3 Communications to Improve Online ServiceApril 27, 2012
- The Golf Warehouse (TGW), a major online retailer of golf equipment, recently selected Level 3 Communications, Inc. to improve its Web site service, speed and visitor experience. Level 3 implemented The Level 3 CDN service, which has minimized TGW's Web page loading time by fifty percent, enhancing the page's performance and overall user experience.
Miami-Dade County, Miami Marlins Select ExteNet SystemsApril 23, 2012
- Miami-Dade County and the Miami Marlins have selected ExteNet Systems to help improve fan experience by designing, building, managing and maintaining a DAS inside Marlins Park, home to the Miami Marlins.
Officials with ExteNet said T-Mobile and Verizon have signed on to the company's distributed antenna system (DAS) to improve wireless service for Marlins fans.
Cellfish Kick Starts NHL Playoffs with Upgrades to NHL 3D Live WallpaperApril 23, 2012
- By using the 'NHL 3D Live Wallpaper' Android app one can customize their phones matching the style of their favorite teams and Cellfish announced that it has upgraded the app with the new "Spinning Puck Playoff Edition." This version of the app will show a spinning hockey puck at center ice emblazoned with the logo of the NHL.
Charm Sponsors Chinese Winter Olympic Sports AssociationsApril 18, 2012
- Charm Communications Inc., a major advertising agency in China, recently announced it has signed a sponsorship and promotional agreement with four Chinese Winter Olympic sports associations.
3M Company Invests in Zephyr TechnologyApril 18, 2012
- 3M Company said Monday it has decided to invest in Zephyr Technology, a developer of real-time devices that monitor human performance through smart-fabric sensor technology for the healthcare, emergency, sports, NASA's Ames Research Center, U.S. Special Forces and industrial markets.
Zephyr specializes in collecting data from their smart, biometric fabric sensors to monitor people while working, in the field or at home.