Qualcomm Oversees iBeacon Rollout in MLB BallparksMarch 7, 2014
- Qualcomm's Retail Solutions subsidiary has been selected by MLB Advanced Media (MLBAM) to act as the interactive media and Internet company for Major League Baseball. In particular, Qualcomm will supply iBeacon hardware to help ensure the completion of the MLBAM's initial rollout of the technology in 20 ballparks in time for Opening Day of the upcoming 2014 MLB season.
AeroTrainer Brings a Robotic Eye in the Sky to Sports TrainingMarch 6, 2014
- In life, so many major advancements are made just from looking at a problem from a different perspective. A new angle, philosophically speaking, on a problem can spot new issues, and new solutions as well. But in the cases of the AeroTrainer robot, the philosophical becomes literal, and a robotic quadricopter drone provides a new look at old problems.
Brazil isn't 'Mobile Ready' for the FIFA World CupMarch 3, 2014
- With the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympics behind us, it's time to look forward to the next major international sporting event: the 2014 World Cup, which is being hosted in Brazil. Aside from the obvious differences between the two, however, it seems that the World Cup will differ from the Olympics on a key technological front, according to a new report from Infonetics Research.
New Mexico Horse Racetrack Partners with Replay App DeveloperFebruary 28, 2014
- The Downs Racetrack at Albuquerque (Downs) announced on Wednesday that it had entered into an agreement with Horse Races Now, LLC (HRN) to provide race video for its Horse Races Now app. Users will be able to view races from the Downs using the app when racing resumes at the facility in August.
Whether Skiing or Hiking, Know the Rules of Remote SafetyFebruary 20, 2014
- I've been to Austria, and drove the alpine mountain passes long before the days when cell phones were common. So when I saw recent news that T-Mobile Austria has contracted with NetScout to develop their LTE network, I wondered how coverage has changed in places like the middle of Europe, where mountains are even more impressive than most of the US.
Sedo Launches .CLUB Winter Sports Auction, a Pre-sale Auction for the New gTLDsFebruary 13, 2014
- Search Engine for Domain Offers (Sedo), an industry leading domain marketplace and monetization provider recently announced a partnership with .CLUB Domains to launch the Winter Sports Auction.
Broncos Disappoint but Tracx Scores a Touchdown Pass with ViewersFebruary 10, 2014
- The Super Bowl XLVIII between the Denver Broncos and Seattle Seahawks played at MetLife Stadium didn't exactly bowl people over; It ended in an anticlimax with Seattle defeating the Broncos on a huge point differential. But, the social enterprise platform - Tracx- made up for the lack of excitement by scoring bigger among viewers than the Broncos.
Global Gaming and Impact Fantasy Sports Partner On New Fantasy Sports PlatformFebruary 4, 2014
- The new platform that has been 'souped up' by the partnership between GGM and IFS, will allow users to play various fantasy sports games on their mobile devices, making it easier to share with their friends. This can lead to a more fun experience when it comes to competing with friends and gaining bragging rights.
NFL Now to Allow Football Fans to Create a More Personalized Video FeedFebruary 3, 2014
- The entertainment world has been embracing the accessibility of the Internet for some time now and the sports world has been no exception. Take the NFL, for example, which boasts its own cable, online and mobile channels to help football fans more easily stay up-to-date on league news. While this is pretty good on its own, the NFL is taking it a step further with "NFL Now," a video service that lets fans personalize football programs.
Sportradar Leveraging Internap CDN to Stream Live Sporting EventsFebruary 3, 2014
- Sportradar, a supplier of sports and betting-related data services, is leveraging Internap's content delivery network (CDN) in order to directly feed live professional sporting events and data into over 1,000 retail betting shops around the globe.
Sportech Signs New Contract with Great Canadian Gaming for Tote Wagering SystemsFebruary 3, 2014
- Sportech Racing and Digital (Sportech) announced the signing of a new contract with Great Canadian Gaming Corporation for pari-mutuel tote wagering systems and services. As per the new contract, Sportech will deliver new teller-operated and self-service wagering devices in addition to mobile wagering service.
Buzztime and PrePlay Improve Predictive Sports GamingFebruary 3, 2014
- The sports world is always looking to get into the technological world in new and inventive ways. Buzztime and PrePlay have found a truly new way to reach more fans around the country, especially those who weren't be able to pay the exorbitant prices to get into the Super Bowl. On the evening of the big game, the companies showed off new interoperability, with the Buzztime BEOND platform and PrePlay's predictive gaming platform.
Autodesk to Provide Wind Simulation Technology for the Super BowlJanuary 31, 2014
- The Super Bowl is one of the biggest sporting events in the world; with an estimated viewership of 1 billion people. But in the United States nothing even comes close when it comes to a televised event. The hype surrounding the Super Bowl is responsible for making it the most-watched television programming year in and year out. Businesses around the world want to participate in this event in one form or another to make their product known to the millions of viewers.
4Licensing's isoBLOX Impact Protection Technology Used in Caps of MBC PlayersJanuary 29, 2014
- 4Licensing Corporation and Pinwrest Development Group have been approved by Major League Baseball for introducing their new protective cap inserts for on-field use by MLB pitchers.
Super Bowl Streaming Video? Not at MetLife StadiumJanuary 28, 2014
- Going to a football game these days often includes the use of mobile devices. This isn't just an expression of a societal fascination with the devices; it's also become rather useful to have said devices around. Watching video of the game itself, including playback of key plays, even makes some sense, but there are also issues of analyzing stats involving the game and its players, the connection with fantasy football, and so on. But in a move that may leave some fans colder than the weather is likely to be at New Jersey's MetLife Stadium on Super Bowl Sunday, streaming video will not be a part of the lineup for the Super Bowl.
The Hague Stadium to be Outfitted with KYOCERA Solar ModulesJanuary 24, 2014
- Professional sports teams around the world are constructing elaborate stadiums costing up to $1 billion or more to give their fans a one-of-a-kind venue. With total capacity of tens of thousands of people in these stadiums, the facility takes up a considerable amount of real estate. This provides an opportunity for the organizations to use the roof as well as other available space for solar panel installations. The Hague soccer stadium in the Netherlands has signed a letter of intent to install a 725 kW solar module installation on the roof with Kyocera Solar.
Zepp Labs Lands Big Investment for Sports Data Collection & TrackingJanuary 23, 2014
- The idea that data may play a big part in sports isn't the kind of thing a lot of sports fans probably think about when settling down for a long weekend of football, basketball, or a similar sport. But it's already starting to show itself popular on some fronts, and Zepp Labs just landed a $15 million investment that really drives the point home.
Faithful+Gould Contracted to Upgrade Billie Jean King National Tennis CenterJanuary 23, 2014
- Faithful+Gould has been contracted by USTA to upgrade the Billie Jean King National Tennis Center in Queens, New York.
Jigabot's AIMe Robotic Camera Enables Perfect Video Shoots of Moving Subjects in Real-timeJanuary 22, 2014
- Jigabot unveiled the new AIMe System that is based on a patent-pending robotic technology which can perfectly frame subjects while shooting video. The AIMe hands-free system is compatible with all smartphones and light weight digital cameras.
Intuitive Dashboards to Bring Better Information to England HockeyJanuary 14, 2014
- England Hockey had a problem. The organization that serves as the national governing body for hockey in England needed a way to better consolidate information about its services, functions and impact so that it could work to get in better funding sources. As England Hockey is a not-for-profit agency, it's open to different sources of funding than for-profit enterprises, but obtaining such funding can be a difficult process that depends on large amounts of information being distilled into readily-accessed formats. That in turn led England Hockey to turn to Intuitive Business Intelligence's Intuitive Dashboards to help get that information together for presentation.
NBC Will Use Calrec Audio Technology for the Sochi Winter GamesJanuary 13, 2014
- The 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi are only weeks away and the world will descend on the Black Sea resort town to witness the best athletes in the world for 16 days.
Big Hits to Follow: WWE Set to Launch 24/7 Streaming NetworkJanuary 10, 2014
- Perhaps one of the biggest issues for cable account holders who'd like to engage in some cable cutting and go to an online diet of media consumption is that of sports. Sports aren't like movies or old episodes of television; such things can be a lot tougher to find online. But several moves in recent days have helped change that picture considerably, and one of the most recent came from the halls of World Wrestling Entertainment, or the WWE.
NFL Fans Score Big with the Combination Play of Surface and the Xbox OneJanuary 7, 2014
- Microsoft has been seen sticking with a new kind of strategy for the last several months, at least as far as its gaming system the Xbox One goes. While the gaming side of the Xbox One has seen frequent changes in its overall usefulness, the overall thrust has remained much the same in that Microsoft wants to be a complete living room solution, not just a gaming system. To that end we've seen Microsoft get very much involved on several fronts, from gaming to entertainment, and one thing that's becoming clear is that Microsoft and sports-particularly football-are going a long way together.
Front Row Seats to the Super Bowl Courtesy of the Fox Sports Go AppJanuary 6, 2014
- I literally don't go anywhere without my smartphone. I can't tell you how many times my heart has skipped a beat when I was away from my iPhone for two seconds - and this is how many people feel about their smartphones, as well as tablets and phablets. I mean my whole life is pretty much organized by my apps - anything thing you can possibly think of, indeed, there is an app for it.
NY/NJ Super Bowl Host Committee's Program Sign of Growing E-Waste Recycling MovementDecember 27, 2013
- In advance of Super Bowl XLVIII, The NY/NJ Super Bowl Host Committee announced the launch of an electronic waste recycling program for the greater New York City area. Two events scheduled in January will collect unwanted electronic devices from the public in an effort to encourage safer disposal practices. The events are part of a growing e-waste recycling movement nationwide to prevent electronic devices from being disposed in landfills and reduce energy consumption used in manufacturing electronic products.
Avaya Looks To Connect Sochi For 2014 Winter OlympicsDecember 16, 2013
- With the arrival of most every even-numbered year comes an array of points worth watching. Elections in the United States, be said elections for Senate, the House of Representatives, the Presidency or any combination therein, as well as the Olympic Games, be said games either summer or winter variety. 2014 is no different, and the Winter Olympics are set to kick off February 7 in the city of Sochi in Russia. But ahead of this development, some lessons are being taken from the 2012 Olympics, and Avaya is said to be now in the process of finalizing a major new network for Sochi that will, hopefully, be ready for the traffic associated with such an event.
AT&T Upgrades Wi-Fi at the Bank of America StadiumDecember 16, 2013
- AT&T has upgraded its Wi-Fi system at the Bank of America Stadium to cater to the demands of fans for a better mobile experience during games and events. This will meet the growth in demand for advanced wireless devices and services.
Bloomberg Sports Set to Offer Contextualized Experience for Sports FansDecember 13, 2013
- Bloomberg Sports entered into a partnership with Phizzle, giving Bloomberg access to Phizzle's FanTracker, a marketing automation platform that provides a complete view of the profile of every fan. Phizzle's FanTracker consolidates real-time information about fans from emails, social media, text messages and mobile applications and creates a profile about them.
FASTHockey - Sport Ngin Reveal FASTHockey 360December 13, 2013
- This week, Sport Ngin, a company out of Minneapolis, Minn. that is involved in sports and technology and offers customers Web software, mobile solutions and apps to livestream games in HD, announced its collaboration with FASTHockey. This is a company that maintains the stream, video and audio components of two Broadcast Operations Centers (BOC's) during all live game webcasts and will be Ngin's digital media partner for live round-the-clock streaming of hockey and delivery of games over a new revolutionary platform.
Leinster Rugby Partners with Samsung to Offer Training and Well-being SolutionsDecember 12, 2013
- Samsung is now an official technology partner of Leinster Rugby, one of the professional provincial Irish rugby teams. This month, Samsung Electronics IT joins Mobile Ireland as official technology partner. Not long ago did the team renew their partnership with CityJet for a further three seasons (in October) and agreed to a three-year sponsorship deal with wine company Wolf Blass (in August).
Global Gaming Network Now Ready with Premium SportsAlert.com ServiceDecember 5, 2013
- Global Gaming Network is a company that specializes in the development and distribution of digital entertainment and sports information for online and mobile platforms. The company owns and operates SportsAlert.com, a service that provides sports data to mobile telephones in North America.
ESPN Gives Mobile SportsCenter Application Big UpdateNovember 22, 2013
- The sports world has been working hard to become more tech savvy over the last few years. ESPN is a company that has taken some of the biggest steps to integrate the sports world and the tech world. Earlier this week, the company upgraded one of its lower level sports applications known as ESPNcricinfo. Now the company has revamped its central mobile application to be more user friendly.
Eyeing Aereo, NFL and MLB Threaten to Ditch Local Broadcast for CableNovember 20, 2013
- If you're, say, a San Francisco 49ers fan living in Maine, chances are that you'll miss most of your team's season in terms of live viewing, unless you shell out for DirecTV's Sunday Ticket package or are willing to spend much of the fall at sports bars. Far-flung fans may not like it, but the existing exclusivity arrangements for sports broadcast rights are a delicately (and expensively) negotiated construct that media companies and their local TV affiliates rely on to draw advertisers and ratings and to command big retransmission fees from pay-TV distributors.
Under Armour Picks Up MapMyFitness, Gets Big New Edge in Activity Tracking TechNovember 14, 2013
- While Under Armour is a major name when it comes to sports apparel and similar hardware, it's looking to make some expansions and bring further value to its customer base. With that in mind, its recent acquisition of MapMyFitness makes perfect sense, and the integration of Under Armour's line of gear coupled with MapMyFitness' fitness tracking technology makes the two a terrific fit.
Trail Blazers Fans Will Have New Mobile App, Better Wi-Fi at Moda CenterNovember 5, 2013
- The NBA's Portland Trailblazers have installed an enhanced Wi-Fi service and developed a new application for the Moda Center, the team's home arena, to keep their fans engaged.
The Football App Adds Another FeatureOctober 3, 2013
- The Football App has introduced a new feature called Fan Zone, where fans get to chat with each other about football-related content.
Yahoo Set to Buy Hitpost to Augment Sports OfferingsOctober 2, 2013
- Yahoo's buying spree continues unabated, as reports emerge suggesting the company plans to pick up the sports app maker Hitpost in a deal of as yet unknown valuation.
AHL Selects Official Arena Wireless Network ProviderSeptember 25, 2013
- Last week, ExteNet Systems, Inc., a provider of distributed networks for the wireless industry, secured exclusive rights to design, build, own and operate distributed networks for the provision of enhanced wireless networks for AEG venues. Now, it inked a similar deal with the American Hockey League. The company will design, build, own and operate distributed networks in the arenas of the American Hockey League to enable Wi-Fi, 3G and 4G LTE services.
New Mobile App for Barclays Golf TournamentSeptember 20, 2013
- Technology impacts every aspect of the society, and sports are no exception. Today, more and more people are looking to integrate the two to provide a better viewing and organizing experience for viewers and players respectively.
TIBCO, Oakland Raiders App Bring Fans Closer to the TeamSeptember 17, 2013
- TIBCO Software, well known for its event-processing technology, has once again ventured into the world of professional sports apps. As a sequel to its Golden State Warriors app, which gave fans an authentic, mirror-game experience, its formula for fandom is being tweaked again - this time to allow fans, who are demanding more and more from their engagement with the team, to connect with the Oakland Raiders like never before.
Twitter Users Can Help Beat NFL Betting SpreadsSeptember 16, 2013
- When it comes to sports betting, everyone seems to have a system. Technology and the sports world have been colliding over the last few years. Social media and sports have long been partners. Now it appears that social media, tech and the sports betting world are coming together in ways that we didn't see coming. Researchers are now saying that analyses of Twitter feeds can actually help people win money when they are wagering money on the NFL.
Commercial Break Expands Focus to Cover Sports with Live Events FeatureSeptember 9, 2013
- It wasn't so long ago that we got a look at Commercial Break, the app that was going to change the way people watch television by alerting users when a commercial break was about to happen, and when it was about to end so that users could more effectively change channels so as to always be watching something.
Thuuz Unveils NFL Themed Android Tablet AppSeptember 9, 2013
- With the explosion of mobile devices in America and the world, there have been few industries that have embraced that explosion more effectively than professional sports. The NFL in particular has seen a way to take advantage of tablets and other mobile devices.
Charter Rolls Out ESPN Goalline and Buzzer BeaterSeptember 2, 2013
- Despite, or perhaps because of a recent report that showed cable subscriber numbers going down, one cable company is offering up some pretty nice features for its college football fans this fall. Charter has announced that they have added ESPN's Goalline and Buzzer Beater to the channel lineup. By adding these two channels to its sports offering, fans will be able to watch the most exciting parts of the best games on any given Saturday during the college football season. They will also be able to check out the nail-biting finishes to some of the best college basketball games when the season gets going.
Carolina Panthers Become First Professional Football Team to Advocate 'It Can Wait'August 30, 2013
- AT&T, one of the world's biggest communications holding companies, announced the Carolina Panthers as the latest advocate of It Can Wait, a campaign organized by AT&T aimed at preventing people from picking up the deadly habit of texting while driving. The Panthers are the first professional football team to officially support It Can Wait.
Sportsmanias.com Receives Funding from Mas Equity PartnersAugust 22, 2013
- The sports news aggregator site Sportsmanias.com has reportedly amassed whopping $1 million fund from Mas Equity Partners. In less than a year, the company has experienced significant growth. In its nine month presence in the sports news industry, Sportsmanias.com has reportedly recorded an impressive 500,000 unique visitors. The new investment is no doubt going to help it further reinforce its presence in the sports news industry.
Beat Your Manager! Fantasy Football App Available at Google Play StoreAugust 16, 2013
- Beat Your Manager! Fantasy Games and Scraggly Dog Games have announced the availability of Beat Your Manager! Fantasy Football app for free download on Android devices.
ESPN's WatchESPN App Gets Hard-Hitting UpdatesAugust 16, 2013
- We're approaching a very big time of year for sports fans. With baseball looking toward post-season matters-the World Series is just over two months off-and the football season a little under three weeks away, there's going to be a lot of ground to cover very soon. With this in mind, it's not at all surprising that ESPN would bring out a few new updates to its WatchESPN app for iPads, though just what's contained in those updates might raise a few eyebrows.
Everything You Need to Know About How Cricket Tech WorksAugust 12, 2013
- Technology has affected every facet of our lives, and sports is no exception. One sport that has particularly embraced technology in a big way is cricket. This game uses technology extensively for many purposes such as creating scoreboards, determining if the ball hit the bat, tracking the trajectory of the ball, compiling the heart rate of bowlers to understand the ball speed, real-time commentary and much more.
Premier League Readies Goal-line Tech for Upcoming SeasonAugust 9, 2013
- Back in June, FIFA could not decide whether it was Davide Astori or Alessandro Diamanti who scored Italy's opening goal against Uruguay in the Confederations Cup, so officials went to their back pocket to check the shiny new toy that they had acquired - goal-line technology.
Bloomberg Sports Predicts Premier League Outcomes for 2013-14 SeasonAugust 9, 2013
- On Wednesday, Bloomberg Sports (BSports) for the first time released its soccer predictions for the Barclays Premier League's 2013-2014 season. If the results play out on the field like they do on the computer, it will be a very tight race among three teams.
NFL Launching Revamped Mobile App in Conjunction With VerizonAugust 6, 2013
- The NFL has always been one of the top technologically advanced professional sports leagues in the world. While it seems as if almost every major sports league is embracing technology and the Internet, the NFL has always been to be a bit ahead of the curve. Now the league has teamed up with Verizon to put together a bigger and better mobile application that will house quite a bit of the league's offerings under one roof.
Yahoo! Steps Up Fantasy Football App GameAugust 5, 2013
- For the many fans out there who get excited just thinking about the chance to play fantasy football, you're in luck. Yahoo! has unveiled its latest version of the fantasy football app that will keep you from putting down your smartphone. New capabilities include changing team lineups and even doing a draft on the go. With the latest version of the app you will also be able to pick your players, set your queue, check results and even chat with other managers.
Germany Launches New American Sports ChannelAugust 2, 2013
- The German sports television channel Sport1 has just launched channel Sport1 US to bring more American sports to international televisions. Since ESPN America has ceased transmission, Sports1 US has acquired various sports broadcasts to be accessible in Germany, Austria and Switzerland. The channel will be paid and air in both standard definition and high definition. Distribution contracts have been secured with cable operators Kabel Deutschland, Sky Deutschland and Unitymedia/Kabel BW.
Level 3 Communications Expands Relationship with MLB Advanced MediaAugust 2, 2013
- Level 3 Communications, a provider of communications services, reportedly expanded its partnership with MLB Advanced Media (MLBAM), the interactive media and Internet company of Major League Baseball, with the objective to grow digital media services.
BT Sport Builds Efficient Production and Playout System on Harmonic Video InfrastructureAugust 1, 2013
- BT Sport is leveraging Harmonic's video infrastructure in order to build a new scalable, efficient production and playout system for its new sports television channel. Harmonic is a provider of video delivery infrastructure and its processing, storage and playout systems enable fast-turn production and support for timely, high-quality broadcasts of high-profile live sports.
Detroit Lions Outdo Pearl Jam, Sidestep Ticketmaster with VeritixJuly 31, 2013
- What could a popular Seattle grunge band and an NFL team possibly have in common? Ticketmaster, apparently - or rather, an aversion to the third-party ticket provider. For those not very familiar with the '90s music scene, rock band Pearl Jam made headlines mid-way through the decade by opposing what it claimed was a monopolistic approach to ticket sales.
LifeProof Partners with Challenged Athletes FoundationJune 27, 2013
- LifeProof, a company that designs, manufactures and markets cases for smartphones and tablets that deliver protection, style and functionality, recently announced that it is now the official mobile accessory partner of the Challenged Athletes Foundation (CAF).
SportStream Launches Social Fan Experience Builder for Teams and MediaMay 7, 2013
- SportStream, which develops social second-screen experiences for sports fans, has launched a new platform for teams, leagues, TV, media companies and others to create and manage tailored social media experiences in any digital environment, from Websites and apps to digital displays inside stadiums.
Joe Montana, Joint Juice Collaborate to Create Football App Benefiting Arthritis FoundationMay 1, 2013
- With the start of Arthritis Awareness Month occurring just today, hall of fame quarterback Joe Montana has teamed up with joint health supplement provider Joint Juice to develop a new football app called "Throw with Joe." The application is highlighted for allowing users to play the pig skin game while also raising funds for the Arthritis Foundation.
Sport Ngin to Develop and Manage USA Hockey's Online PropertiesApril 26, 2013
- Sport Ngin is expected to become the "Preferred Technology Provider of USA Hockey." The company is a provider of Web software and mobile applications for youth, amateur and professional sports. It specializes in the execution of digital sports content strategy, design, and marketing.
Athletic Improvement Company Introduces iRake Sports AppApril 18, 2013
- Athletic Improvement Company has introduced an application which will help parents who do not have any baseball coaching abilities to help their children improve their performance in the sport.
What's Happening in the Soccer World? Ask the inFootball AppMarch 21, 2013
- Mobile video viewing, which has frustrated many smartphone users because of network congestion and slow download times, took a turn for the better with the launch of inmobly's free Android app- PAUL- in February 2013.
Los Angeles Dodgers Collaborate with ANC Sports to Give Baseball Fans Crystal Clear Video at StadiumMarch 4, 2013
- As the entire nation awaits the debut of this year's MLB season later this month, the Los Angeles' Dodgers Stadium relishes its receiving of a few cosmetic improvements, including a new giant video display.
In 1980, Dodgers introduced full color video screens.
Can MLB.TV and At Bat App Sustain the Climbing Momentum?February 26, 2013
- You can feel it in the air - the fervor, the excitement and the mad streak that seems to run through all fans as another big baseball season arrives. With major league baseball heralding the coming of spring with training games from Florida and Arizona, baseball fans are readying themselves for another fiesta of live games.
BBC Sport Launches Android Supported AppFebruary 20, 2013
- BBC has released its latest sports app for Android users, to go along with the recently released iOS version for Apple users.
FIFA Finally Announces it Will Use Goal-line Technology at 2014 World CupFebruary 19, 2013
- After much controversy and rigorous trial runs, world soccer governing body FIFA has surprised no one with their formal decision to use goal-line technology at the 2014 FIFA World Cup to be held in Brazil.
Coming Attractions: Live Streamed High School SportsFebruary 13, 2013
- Sick and tired of single-camera coverage of high school sports on community access TV? What about your kids and relatives graduating with book smarts but without hands-on experience and skills that can lead to a broad range of job opportunities?
TELUS Unveils The Fan CupFebruary 6, 2013
- Marking the final celebrations of the 100th Grey Cup, TELUS has introduced The Fan Cup, presented by TELUS into The Canadian Football Hall of Fame (CFHOF). The company has partnered with the Canadian Football League (CFL) for this purpose.
HiViz Field, Stadium Believes its 'Green' Lighting Solution Could've Prevented Super Bowl Power OutageFebruary 4, 2013
- Just over a minute and a half into the second half, the lights at the Superdome went out and caused a delay of over half an hour, while crews all over scrambled to reboot the lighting system. Officials have said the power outage was caused by an "abnormal" feed coming from outside the stadium, but have yet to figure out exactly what caused it.
Amiigo Unveils New Fitness Device Designed to Make Workouts SMARTERFebruary 1, 2013
- With the continued evolution of technology, products are being designed to be "Smarter". There is Smart Water, the Smart Car, and now a new wearable technology from Amiigo, makking your workouts "SMARTER".
Cummings Signs Contract for Exclusive Use of iON CamerasJanuary 31, 2013
- Dean Cummings, a popular mountain skier, has collaborated with iON Worldwide for special usage and promotion of iON Cameras. A believer of safety during avalanches, Cummings and his organizations have chosen iON Cameras mainly for their best-in-class performance in the tough outdoor environment.
Catapult to Introduce New Indoor GPS Tracking Sensors for AthletesJanuary 31, 2013
- Anyone who is a former athlete tries to live by the mantra "play every play like it's your last." That's all good and well, but we'd be lying if we said we have never taken it easy in practice a time or two. Well, an Australian-based company is making sure that coaches can track an athlete's every move, down to his/her heartbeat to make sure that athlete is performing up to his or her standards.
Level 3 to Provide Live Broadcast of Super Bowl XLVII via Vyvx ServicesJanuary 31, 2013
- Level 3 Communications, Inc recently announced that it will leverage its Vyvx VenueNet+ technology service offering to provide a live broadcast of Super Bowl XLVII on Feb. 3.
Ooyala Provides In-Stream Video Viewing on TwitterJanuary 23, 2013
- If you do not have a presence in the social media market, you almost don't exist in the modern world. Everybody, from an adolescent learning the computer keypad to large corporate houses have some sort of social media presence. The new technologies that are being introduced in this domain will only increase its popularity.
Helping users make use of the popularity of the Twitter, Ooyala has unveiled a Twitter Video Card solution. The solution allows the Ooyala customers to share videos with their Twitter followers by inserting them into their feeds.
Comcast-Spectacor Uses IMT Nucomm CamPac 2 Remote Camera SystemJanuary 23, 2013
- Comcast-Spectacor inked a partnership agreement with Integrated Microwave Technologies for the use of Nucomm CamPac2 camera-mounted transmitter and Newscaster DR2 diversity receiver. Comcast-Spectacor is the parent company of the Philadelphia Flyers and owner of the Wells Fargo Center.
Verizon May Bring LTE Users The Super Bowl in 2014January 10, 2013
- The Super Bowl may well be the biggest occasion on any football fan's calendar, as well as on any advertiser's calendar. But it may well take on a whole new significance for Verizon LTE subscribers starting in 2014, if a plan mentioned during Verizon CEO and chairman Lowell McAdam's CES keynote comes to pass.
ESPN Enjoys Being the Highest Rated Cable Program in Last Two Years with Monday Night's Championship GameJanuary 9, 2013
- Monday night's BCS National Championship game was one of the most anticipated games in its history. It had all of the proper storylines, just as if Hollywood wrote the script. We had two great programs rich with tradition, the University of Notre Dame against the University of Alabama.
Colorado Rockies and Sparta Performance Science Partner-Up to Improve Player PerformanceJanuary 4, 2013
- The Colorado Rockies have announced a partnership with training specialist Sparta Performance Science. The Rockies will be the first professional sports team to incorporate Sparta's force plate technology and proprietary software into its strength-and-conditioning program.
Newly Debuted Outdoor Sports Cases Protect Us from WaterJanuary 3, 2013
- Everybody knows that no matter what type of "invincible" case you put on your smartphone, there is no way to protect it from the ultimate destroyer of our high tech devices-water. In order to protect people most prone to these situations, Bracketron has created a new accessory line of water resilient sports cases.
Mobivity and C Spire Wireless Partner to Create Interactive Fan EngagementDecember 13, 2012
- To create unique and brand-specific experiences for basketball fans, Mobivity Holdings Corporation, a provider of proprietary mobile marketing technologies and solutions, has announced a partnership with C Spire Wireless to create interactive and unique fan engagement solutions for the Memphis Grizzlies and FedExForum.
The Memphis Grizzlies are a professional basketball team based in Memphis, Tennessee.
NBC Sports Group Teams up with Yahoo! on Sports Content DealDecember 10, 2012
- NBC Sports Group and Yahoo! announced a partnership last night that will combine two of the largest sports sites on the Internet. NBC Sports will combine its digital assets and television promotion, with Yahoo! Sports reporting content and coverage of all big events.
mophie Announces Nationwide Availability of OutRideDecember 5, 2012
- Eliminating the need for a dedicated action sports camera, mophie has unveiled OutRide, the wide-angle, waterproof mounting system.
OutRide allows users to capture and share their rides with friends, followers and professional athletes from around the world.
SportStream Just Made Trash Talking on Facebook Easier for Sports FansDecember 5, 2012
- Sports fans are increasingly engaging on social media during their favorite games. In fact, according to a recent statement from SportStream, about 83 percent of sports fans regularly check social media sites while watching the game. And since there is an app for everything, there's naturally an app to make sorting through social feeds for game-related content easier, ensuring that fans receive the content that is most relevant to them.
Unified Communications in BasketballDecember 4, 2012
- If you follow basketball more than I do (which isn't hard), you probably know the first thing about either of them, since my knowledge doesn't go past their existence.
But I can still share a little, since both teams' IT execs have decided to pick up Unified Communications.
MIT Knows Sports Video Games, and Their PlayersDecember 4, 2012
- The folks at Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) have been conducting a study for over a year now, taking a closer look at the phenomenon of sports video gaming. Abe Stein at the MIT Game Lab, himself a sports gamer, took a closer look at just who makes up this segment of gaming, and released the results in a report late November.
Phizzle Looks to Improve Mobile Engagement for Fans of Phoenix Suns, Philadelphia 76ersNovember 28, 2012
- Looking to provide an improved mobile experience for fans of the Phoenix Suns and the Philadelphia 76ers during the 2012-2013 NBA season, Phizzle has announced various improvements in its services.
Phizzle helps companies derive a more personal conversation anytime, anywhere and on any smartphone.
Global Gaming Network Unveils a Revamped AmpedFantasy WebsiteNovember 28, 2012
- In an effort to grab a significant share in the multi-billion dollar fantasy sports market in North America, Global Gaming Network (GBGM) acquired AmpedFantasy a few months back. Now as a part of their growth and expansion strategy, GBGM has introduced major enhancements to the Amped Fantasy website.
Vunder Sports Network to Launch New OTT Service Powered by BI's CodecSysNovember 27, 2012
- Vunder Sports Network, an OTT/IPTV broadcaster, is set to deploy the CodecSys transcoding platform for its over-the-top (OTT) sports network.
CodecSys was developed by Broadcast International, a provider of managed video solutions, including digital signage, OTT networks, IPTV, and live/on-demand content distribution for the enterprise.
iON Worldwide Unveils 'iON The Game' HD Video Camera for Sports, Motion AnalysisNovember 27, 2012
- iON Worldwide has launched a high-definition (HD) video camera 'iON The Game' designed for capturing and analyzing video of motion sports such as golf, basketball, baseball and tennis. The new camera dons a 2.4-inch LCD color screen which makes it easy to shoot footage of golf putts or tennis swings, and then play back the video instantly for analysis.
New Potato Offers Classic Match Foosball on iPadNovember 21, 2012
- New Potato Technologies welcomes all Foosball lovers to play a good game of traditional foosball by the company's Classic Match Foosball for iPad accessory.
Connect with Your Favorite Texan Football Programs Using the FiOS1 High School Sports WidgetNovember 21, 2012
- Friday night lights in Texas will burn a bit brighter for Verizon FiOS customers. Verizon Communications, a broadband and wireless communications service provider, has revealed the FiOS1 High School Sports Widget, offering customers an innovative, convenient way to stay connected to their favorite high school football programs whenever they want.
News Corp. Buys Chunk of YES Network, Yankees Regional Sports NetworkNovember 20, 2012
- News Corp., parent company of Fox ventures is picking up a substantial chunk of the regional cable sports channel of the New York Yankees. Following a payment of $500 million and some shifting around in the overall ownership structure, News Corp. will have a 49 percent stake in the YES Network.
MoZeus Worldwide Partners with NFL StarsNovember 16, 2012
- Mobile-marketing and content management software company MoZeus Worldwide is plunging into a new approach of celebrity charity engagement. The company signed an agreement with NFL stars on consumer photo mobile app to raise money for charity.
The World is at Your Ski Tips with Social MediaNovember 16, 2012
- First, came ski magazines. Then it was ski movies. And now, it's all about ski social media.
POWERADE Teams with Endomondo Fitness CommunityNovember 7, 2012
- Everyone has heard it time and time again: hydration is the most important part of any weight loss program, health regime or workout. We need water to survive, and we need even more to thrive.
Tempo Tunes Radio Trains Golfers, Other Athletes through MusicNovember 5, 2012
- Research shows that music in sports can prepare individuals for competition in many ways. Top athletes sometimes wear headphones and listen to music before a big game to relax. What if they listened to music that was developed to match their tempo and rhythm, and through that process built fluid movement that increased their performance?
fanatix Announces US Launch of Sports AppOctober 31, 2012
- Officials noted that the average fanatix user is now accessing the app five and a half times a day - with the average registered user accessing the service over 10 times a day - captivating sports fans before, during and after live sporting events. fanatix provides sports enthusiasts with the ultimate platform to share and discuss their passion for sports.
Sprint Adds Zing to Live Coverage with its NBA Game Time AppOctober 29, 2012
- The fervor among NBA fans is gathering momentum as another gala basketball season steams along with Sprint, promising greater live coverage, video alerts and real-time scores and statistics through its NBA Game Time app.
This happens to be the second season for Sprint as official wireless service partner of the National Basketball Association, and fans can watch live games on the Sprint TV ESPN channel and receive free and unlimited access to all the features of NBA Game Time Plus.
Aruba and YinzCam Collaborate to Provide Improved Wi-Fi in StadiumsOctober 24, 2012
- Aruba Networks, Inc. and YinzCam recently announced that they will be collaborating over the integration of Aruba's high-density, application-aware wireless LAN (WLAN) solution and the advanced mobile sports applications from YinzCam, to provide fans in stadiums with an improved wireless experience. Leveraging the joint solution, venue owners, and service provider partners will now be able to offer fans with affordable access to HD video instant replay and live camera angles, among other value-added applications and services.