Despite Glitches, FIA Still Has Faith in Riedel Communications for Auto-Race TechnologyApril 29, 2013
- The Federation Internationale de l'Automobile (FIA) - which is a global governing body for auto racing (including Formula One) - will stay with Riedel Communications for an electronic marshaling system despite recent technical problems.
Riddell Unveils New Wireless Helmet Impact TechnologyJanuary 8, 2013
- Player's safety has been a hot topic in the National Football League lately, and the NFL has taken the necessary steps to make the game safer for players. First there was the introduction of new, safer Riddell Revolution helmets in 2002.
NFL Refs Create Technology Committee to Discuss Hi-Tech Changes to the GameDecember 3, 2012
- The NFL is kicking it up a notch with various new technologies designed to bring the football league into the future.
American Sports Medicine Institute and Motus Offer Advance Biomechanical AnalysisSeptember 24, 2012
- In today's sports world, professional athletes are looking to gain a competitive edge over their opponents. That is why biomechanics technology and performance analysis for athletes have become a popular choice as it enhance athletic performance and prevents injury.
Next Generation Fitness Gadgets Syncing to Bluetooth-Enabled DevicesAugust 30, 2012
- In today's wireless world, almost every technological device can be connected via Bluetooth technology. This ranges from smartphones to TVs, laptops, and even a car's infotainment system.
Media Content for Fitness Equipment Company Netpulse Raises New FundingJuly 30, 2012
- Perhaps in the future it will become a little easier to talk to your fitness equipment. Netpulse, Inc., a media and data services company that combines technology, fitness and media, has reportedly raised $15.6 million in Series C funding led by August Capital.
Ohio Sports Chiropractic Uses AlterG Anti-Gravity TreadmillJuly 24, 2012
- AlterG treadmills make use of patented NASA technology that allows for precise partial weight bearing. Users can rehab and train like never before. Professional teams and elite medical facilities are using the AlterG to revolutionize recovery programs.
NASCAR's 'Inside the Headsets'May 22, 2012
- NASCAR is known to draw a cult following of people attracted to the deafening roar of engines, Mountain Dew and girls in bikinis. NASCAR logos can be spotted on flip-flops, jars of mayonnaise, or virtually everything at Walmart. For people who can't get enough of the NASCAR action, NASCAR Media Group is producing a show on SPEED called, "Inside the Headsets" which offers behind-the-scene footage of the live race 24 hours after it occurred. But one thing I have yet to discover is exactly what kind of headsets the professional drivers wear.
New York Yankees Get to Savor High Speed Video's Quality Video SolutionsMay 10, 2012
- Thanks to High Speed Video's (HSV) ability to offer highly flexible video-conferencing and telepresence, the video conferencing rooms at Yankee Stadium and the Yankee organization's Corporate Facility in Tampa Florida will now have the highest quality video and audio communications.
Fitness Rocks with iLuv's Sports SeriesMay 8, 2012
- iLuv's Sports Series has speakers, earphones and remote controls that are designed to accessorize your Apple or smartphone devices. The line is ideal for listening to music while hiking, biking and running. Swimsuit season is quickly approaching, and nobody wants to be the fat one at the beach, but sometimes, vanity isn't enough to keep you running. The best solution for staying motivated and fighting off boredom is listening to music. Additionally, a study published by ABC news shows that listening to music while working out helps clear your brain, promoting clearer thinking.
Fitness Activity and Healthcare Sensors Predicted to Reach 169.5 Million in 2017March 2, 2012
- ABI Research's latest report, "Body Area Networks for Sports and Healthcare," predicts an explosion in the market for wearable sports and fitness activity sensors over the next few years as a new generation of devices collect and automatically share data online.
ProSlugger.com Adds First Pitch Pitching Machines Before Start of Youth Baseball SeasonFebruary 29, 2012
- ProSlugger.com recently announced that their strong portfolio of pitching machines will now feature First Pitch machine. The company is one of the leading baseball pitching equipment online suppliers that designs and develops both baseball and softball pitching machines.
iPhone Accessories Hit the Market; iBike Offers Cycling IntegrationFebruary 24, 2012
- Getting my hands on the iPhone 4S meant I had access to the latest iOS system, more memory, and of course, Siri. This voice activation technology enhances the experience, allowing me to send texts hands-free while on the road, scheduling reminders for my to-do list and even searching the web for new information. With a device like this, I don't want to leave the house without the right case.
Vuzix STAR AR Glasses Used in Concept Demo of 'Cloud-enabled Glasses' by NEC BIGLOBEFebruary 17, 2012
- Vuzix Corporation recently announced that NEC BIGLOBE has created a descriptive demo of cloud enabled Augmented Reality (AR) glasses utilizing Vuzix STAR series optical see-through AR video eyewear. With this, the system connects to the cloud and makes use of in built cameras as well as displays in the STAR to connect the data it contains to the real world.
Bluetooth SIG Initiates Technology's Use and Growth in Sports and Fitness MarketsFebruary 10, 2012
- The Bluetooth Special Interest Group (SIG) has taken initiative to drive and build the Sports and Fitness Working Group to enhance interoperability between Bluetooth enabled sports and fitness sensor products and training computers (Bluetooth Smart devices) and hub devices. SIG officials said they are accepting new members to drive the whole cause.
Ultrarunner Meltzer Standardizes on Sennheiser PMX 680February 2, 2012
- The runner notes that music is an integral part of his 100-mile running regimen, and to accompany him along the way, he has standardized on the Sennheiser PMX 680 Sports headphone.
XBoards Introduces Eco-Friendly Snowboard with Powerful Vibration-Dampening PropertiesJanuary 24, 2012
- Northern California-based snow sport technology company XBoards, Inc. has developed a new snowboard that will excite the environmentally conscious and sports enthusiasts alike. The product's uniqueness lies in its material: BioBoard, according to its maker is the first commercially available snowboard to be made of all-natural flax fiber composites.
Interactive Sports Technologies Launches New High Definition Golf SimulatorsJanuary 24, 2012
- Interactive Sports Technologies is planning to launch the new High Definition Golf simulator models that have curved screens, wider field of view and high quality graphics at the 2012 PGA Merchandise Show.
Cardo Systems Recognizes Snowmobile Clubs with Monetary AwardJanuary 19, 2012
- Cardo Systems, Inc., a provider of wireless Bluetooth communications for helmet headsets, has revealed that the company has awarded a snowmobile communications system and $300 grant to each of the following Snowmobile Association Clubs: Cherry Creek Sno-Goers (New York), Eastern Ontario Snowmobile Club (Ontario) and Lake Chelan Snowmobile Club (Washington).
How to Watch the Super Bowl on Your Deck with an Outdoor TVJanuary 12, 2012
- SunBrite's Signature Series currently boasts a respectable 46-inch diagonal model, but the company plans to introduce a full line ranging from 32- to 55-inch models, and eventually a plus-60-inch model that promises to be the world's largest outdoor TV.
Sportiiiis, New Heads up Display Feedback System for Athletes, LaunchesJanuary 10, 2012
- A nifty gadget just hit the market that's sure to please athletes looking to keep themselves informed of their performance during workouts, and it's coming out of CES 2012.
A heads up display (HUD) known as Sportiiiis (sport-eyes, if you're curious) attaches to glasses, be it sunglasses or eyeglasses, and provides up to the moment feedback without having to take your eyes off the road.
Sena Technologies Introduces SPH10S for Snow Sports HelmetDecember 30, 2011
- SPH10S, a Bluetooth Stereo Headset and Intercom for Snow Sports Helmets has been released by Sena Technologies, Inc.
Adidas Releases Improved miCoach SPEED_CELL TechnologyOctober 25, 2011
- Adidas released its recent miCoach SPEED_CELL technology, a hi-tech shoe gadget to measure forward and lateral movement.
New Garmin Heart Monitor Allows Runners to Gauge Heart Rate, Take Calls and Increase EnduranceOctober 25, 2011
- A new exercise app allows smartphone users to track their heart rate and rhythm while running or jogging, according to a story by Chris Davies at slashgear.com.
Velocomp Announces New Ibike Coach Cycling ComputersOctober 21, 2011
- To capture the modern adventure or just plain enjoyment, Velocomp, a sports technology company and creator of the iBike Dash CC Cycling Computer, has introduced iBike Coach, which transforms your iPhone into an amazing bike computer. It can be purchased form Target and other major retailers. iBike Coach includes a water and shock resistant case that works with any iPhone and a universal mount that securely attaches the case to any bike. It is designed for beginner riders, enthusiasts, athletes and commuters. This product shows the company's sport's enthusiastic point of view.
Adidas Releases 'Boot with a Brain'September 30, 2011
- Adidas recently unveiled a soccer boot equipped with a "brain", the adizero f50 powered by miCoach.
ABI Research Forecasts Great Growth in GPS Fitness Watch MarketAugust 9, 2011
- GPS fitness watches are really taking off and forecasters are saying shipments will reach over 10,000,000 this year.
WISeKey Exclusively to Distribute Real Madrid's Mobile Content across ChinaAugust 3, 2011
- Real Madrid FC recently signed an exclusive deal with WISeKey to distribute their mobile content across China. This deal is for the upcoming 2011/2012 season. This is WISeKey's new media strategy, to associate themselves with famous brands. This deal allows WISeKey to monetize by associating the ecosystem of WISeKey users with restricted mobile content rights provided by the brands in some countries.
Sherbrook SBK Sport to Acquire Global Sports TechnologiesJune 21, 2011
- Sherbrook SBK Sport Corp. announced the signing of a letter of intent to acquire Global Sports Technologies Corporation and its patented sports technologies. The companies expect to enter into a definitive agreement on or before June 30 and close the transaction within 90 days.
UNEQUAL Technologies Releases EXO SkeletonJune 15, 2011
- Protective technology specialist UNEQUAL Technologies has announced their latest EXO Skeleton line of supplemental full-body, specially built protective performance padding designed to take on concussions and other sports-related injuries head on.
One World Sports Secures N. American Rights to Chinese Football Association Super LeagueMay 13, 2011
- One World Sports announced that it has secured exclusive North American rights to the Chinese Football Association Super League (CSL) under the terms of an agreement signed with World Sport Group.
BBC Sport Deploys Harmonic's Omneon MediaGrid Active Storage SystemMay 13, 2011
- Harmonic, a provider of infrastructure that powers the video economy, claimed that BBC Sport has integrated the Omneon MediaGrid active storage system into its new file-based production system.
Biodex Helps You Test and Improve Balance, Agility and Develop Muscle ToneMay 12, 2011
- Biodex Medical Systems recently released a new version of their Balance System SD, which is a tailored balance assessment and conditioning system that has been specifically released for athletes and seniors. The Biodex Balance System SD comes with a lot more enhanced features that have been custom designed to meet the needs of individuals who are looking for ways to improve balance, increase their agility, develop muscle tone and to also treat a wide variety of pathologies.
CrossCore Launches Challenge for Manufacturers of Suspended Types of TrainersMarch 16, 2011
- CrossCore, Inc , a maker of a line of self powered training products under the brand name of American Made, launched a unique challenge for the manufacturers of suspended types of "Bodyweight Trainer".
NFL Teams May Trade in Paper Playbooks for iPadsFebruary 7, 2011
- Old-fashioned paper playbooks may become a thing of the past. With high-definition instant replay and in-helmet communications systems, the NFL has made tremendous strides in setting itself apart from other sport leagues.
Polar Releases Activity Monitor for Physical EducationSeptember 17, 2010
- Jeff Padovan, president of Polar USA said, "Childhood obesity has tripled in the United States over the past thirty years, and today one in three children are considered overweight or obese. Polar is committed to reversing this epidemic and helping our nation's students become more active and maintain a healthy weight."
New iPod App from Nike Runs at a Lower CostSeptember 8, 2010
- If, like Bruce Springsteen, you were born to run, a new iPod-related Nike gadget may be for you.
MotoGP Racers Get G4 PowerSet Motorcycle Intercom Communication SystemsAugust 31, 2010
- The racers competing at this past weekend's exciting MotoGP in Indianapolis received Cardo Systems' scala rider G4 PowerSet motorcycle intercom communication system.
JAGTAG 2D Barcodes to Promote Ghost 3 ShoeJuly 29, 2010
- As part of promotions, Brooks is offering customers a chance to win an all-access VIP package to a Rock 'n' Roll Marathon by participating in "Host the Ghost" mobile sweepstakes.
Wii Fit Doesn't Get You as Fit as You ThinkJuly 22, 2010
- Even though users of the Nintendo console are not very prone to serious injury, they are also not challenging their body enough for it to even count as exercise. Writer Matt Richtel even says that using the Wii Fit does not even count as cardio in most cases, and that you are better off going for a jog instead of virtual hula-hooping.
Optus Teams with Option to Offer Australian Mobile Users a USB modem Personalised for Soccer Tournament in South AfricaJune 11, 2010
- Optus, an Australian company specializing in integrated telecommunications, delivering cutting-edge communications, information technology and entertainment services, has selected Option's total solution, the iCON XY to launch its wireless broadband promotion for the soccer tournament in South Africa.
Sony Releases 3D TVs and GamesJune 10, 2010
- The TVs and games were released in North America, Europe and Japan with hopes on riding the hype stirred by the 2010 FIFA World Cup. Some World Cup matches will be offered in 3D, hoping to accelerate sales and promote the revolutionary technology.
High School Robot Soccer Match on SaturdayJune 2, 2010
- Eight high school teams with as many as 100 members and participating parents will take on a small, enclosed "field" across from the local courthouse. This "field" will resemble a compact version of a soccer field, which includes a pit area so teams not playing can tend and care for their robotic players.
Visio Mobile Diagnostic Introduces CompuMed's eHealth to Mobile and Rural MarketsMay 28, 2010
- CompuMed, Inc., a company that develops and markets products and services that combine advanced imaging with medical informatics, has revealed that its OsteoGram and CardioGram systems have been integrated as main components of the telemedicine and digital x-ray-based healthcare services suite from Visio Mobile Diagnostics.
Yankees Say 'NO' to iPadMay 25, 2010
- Who knew the iPad has been on the market long enough to already cause trouble, but it seems to have made a name for itself at Yankee Stadium. A recent Information Week article reported on a post on an Internet forum maintained by the blog IGN. Apparently, SpaceKatGal - a baseball fan - was turned away at the gates of Yankee Stadium, told the iPad was not allowed.
Nintendo Sweetens Wii PackageMay 4, 2010
- The Nintendo Wii is the strongest brand in the electronic games space, a gamingunion.net storysourcing a Millward Brown Optimorstudy reports. Not content to sit on its laurels, however, Nintendo is moving to push U.S. sales of the game platform even higher by sweetening the deal.
Use Your PS3 to Watch MBL Games with Sony's New InitiativeApril 22, 2010
- Reports have surfaced that will make the PlayStation 3 even more versatile than before. Sony Corp. is supposedly deploying its Major League Baseball package on the video game console, thus increasing competition to make the video system the digital hub of the home.
Cisco Executes Its Stadium Vision, Monitors to Mobile GadgetsApril 22, 2010
- The networking giant known for its routers is now making monitors designed for sports stadiums. Eventually, the technology it's using for these monitors will channel more personalized content to mobile devices like the iPad.
Fox Sports Network Chooses Tekscan Pressure Mapping TechnologyMarch 18, 2010
- The F-Mat add-on sensor to the F-Scan was used in an episode to determine the force of a baseball player when running into a wall to make a catch, and at what point the force would cause an injury.
Easton Hockey Unveils Ultra-Lightweight S19 Z-Shock Helmet for Hockey PlayersMarch 8, 2010
- Van Nuys, Calif.-based Easton Sports, a provider of baseball, softball, hockey and cycling equipments for both sports professionals and enthusiasts, announced that Easton Hockey has launched a new ultra-lightweight helmet, S19 Z-Shock, for hockey players.
Microchip Soccer Ball to Improve Quality, Refs AdvantageMarch 5, 2010
- Have you ever been on a soccer field, arguing with a referee about whether or not timing was correct, or whether the ball actually made it into the goal before the clock ran out?
T-Mobile Awards Free Kicks on Launching El Llamado del Futbol.March 4, 2010
- A fever rages on and off the field as the charisma surrounding soccer lures fans and fanatics from all over the world. The excitement is on, passions run high, and the zeal of the fans runs on to the pitch. It's exhilarating, it's just indescribable. T-Mobile USA, Inc., gives you a chance to be a part of it all.
Turtle Beach Launches Ear Force X11 Stereo Gaming Headset for XBOX 360, PC GamingMarch 3, 2010
- The Ear Force X11 is ideal for XBOX gamers who want immersive game sound and XBOX Live communication at a great price. It is a perfect choice for playing popular XBOX titles such as Battlefield Bad Company 2, Mass Effect 2, Bioshock 2, Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, HALO 3, Left 4 Dead 2, Assassin's Creed II, and Guitar Hero. According to Peter Ronick, Director of Marketing at Turtle Beach, the X1 has been the XBOX gaming community's favorite stereo headset for more than 3 years. Ronick noted that X11 might prove to be even more popular with an improved look, enhanced sound quality and comfort features at the same affordable price.
Formula One Engineers Design Factor 001, a High-Tech Road BikeFebruary 19, 2010
- What's being called "the world's most exclusive and technologically advanced road bike" has launched, offering bikers an ultimate riding experience.
RoboGames on the HorizonFebruary 18, 2010
- RoboGames, the largest robot competition and Expo in the United States, is all set to host its seventh annual international event, from April 23 to 25, 2010. The venue of the grand event will be the San Mateo County Expo Center.
Love to Track your Runs? Try a Puma PhoneFebruary 16, 2010
- We hear shoemaker Puma is about to go live with its first smartphone that's ideal for sporty types.
NFL Hall of Fame Overhauls GameDay Stadium TheaterFebruary 15, 2010
- Now imagine the following read by John Facenda, with visuals of the old Green Bay Packer sweep left, Jerry Kramer knocking Alex Karras on his butt…
The Pro Football Hall Of Fame's GameDay Stadium Theater recently received a major AV overhaul featuring two digital projection large-venue projectors. Specified by the Russ Berger Design Group and integrated by Altel Systems Group, the updated venue includes two rooms displaying separate but synchronized programs, a turntable floor to move the audience, and a series of video displays in the queuing area.
City of Malibu Donates Sports Equipment for Global Gear DriveFebruary 11, 2010
- The City of Malibu Parks and Recreation Department (Calif.) recently donated more than 700 items to the Global Gear Drive, the charitable sports equipment program of the National Alliance for Youth Sports (NAYS). The organizations donated equipments for underprivileged youth.
SPO Medical Teams with SporTracker to Launch Technology in Sports MarketFebruary 10, 2010
- Michael Braunold, president and CEO of SPO Medical said, "The commercial arrangement with SporTracker demonstrates the portability of our proven technology into markets and applications which can benefit from our experience to date. The sports and wellness sector is a mass-market opportunity for our technology enabling monitoring of certain vital sign information in conjunction with leisure related configurations."
Xbox Live: Just Needs Its Own Late-Night Talk ShowJanuary 20, 2010
- Microsoft is even talking with Disney about a programming deal with ESPN for a per-subscriber fee, presumably where ESPN could stream sports to the channel a la ESPN 360.