SITA Working with Brazil to Improve Air Traffic Technology for World Cup and OlympicsMarch 7, 2014
- This project which began in December of 2013, is expected to be completed in time for the 2016 Olympic Games by installing the devices in increments of four airports until they are all equipped with this technology. Using datalink, pilots are able to communicate with the control tower using text messaging to request departure clearance and real-time airport operational and weather information. By reducing the load on VHF voice frequency, DCL and DATIS increase the safety and efficiency of runway operations.
FIFA, 49ers Read Between the Lines with Connected TechJuly 31, 2013
- The sports vertical has been both an early adopter of technology and a laggard. On the one hand, the strides we've made in improving athlete performance and professional sports venues have been great (although not always on the up and up). On the other hand, there's been much hesitance and delay in some circles to use technology to enable more reliable calls and address head injuries as quickly as might have been done.
Brazilian Airport Infrastructure Co. Selects Telvent for World Cup PreparationsFebruary 16, 2011
- Telvent, a global provider of IT solutions and business information services, announced that it has been awarded a contract by Infraero, the Brazilian Company for Airport Infrastructures.
Finalists of Bluetooth Innovation World Cup 2010 ReleasedNovember 4, 2010
- World Cup (IWC), which focuses on applications for the sports and fitness, healthcare, home automation and control markets. Developers, entrepreneurs and students submitted concepts for applications that make use of the new Bluetooth low energy wireless technology. The Bluetooth Special Interest Group organized this second edition of competition after the great success in the first edition during the year 2009.
Al Jazeera TV Interference: And the Winner Is… StaticOctober 7, 2010
- Al Jazeera Sports Channel relied on the technical knowhow of Integral Systems to identify and locate a significant satellite interference event that disrupted broadcasts of FIFA World Cup football matches this summer.
Vodacom South Africa Garners Support at Football World Cup for Convergys UpgradeSeptember 30, 2010
- Thanks to the successful upgrade to Convergys Rating and Billing Manager, the subscribers of Vodacom South Africa were rewarded with unprecedented support at the recent Football World Cup held in South Africa by Convergys Corporation.
Inlet's Spinnaker Leveraged for Broadcast-Quality Live Sports StreamingSeptember 13, 2010
- Inlet Technologies, a provider of solutions for digital media preparation, unveiled that its Spinnaker family of encoding solutions are chosen by deltatre, a sports media services company headquartered in Torino, Italy, to generate broadcast-quality streaming outputs of some of the most prominent and high-profile events in the sports world.
BBC's Simulcast Sports Tech Expansion Plans Powered by Inlet TechnologiesAugust 18, 2010
- Inlet Technologies, a dealer in online video experience, has claimed that their Spinnaker family of live streaming appliances will be powering BBC's simulcast expansion plans for a number of channels and also premier sporting events, including FIFA World Cup 2010, Wimbledon and F1 Grand Prix.