Pay-TV's Most Strategic Weapon - Regional Sports Networks?February 27, 2014
- Despite ever-rising carriage costs for the most coveted live content, the arguably most powerful weapon in cable, telco and satellite TV providers' customer retention arsenal is the regional sports network (RSN) because it delivers programming to fans that can't get it anywhere else, for now.
End the NFL TV Blackout Rule - For the Love of the GameFebruary 13, 2014
- With attendance dropping and TV ratings climbing, it's time for the NFL to end its outdated blackout policy and harness some of the same technology and content options that's made it a huge hit in the home and evolve the in-stadium experience of a pro sport created in the late 1800s.
PRG Built the Largest Temporary Structure to Be Erected in Times Square for FOX SportsFebruary 3, 2014
- Well this year's Super Bowl may have come and gone without any hitches - like last year's power outage - but that doesn't mean it was devoid of noteworthy events. For example, FOX Sports' Super Bowl Broadcast Center on Super Bowl Boulevard, built by Production Resource Group, was something of a landmark achievement.
FiberPlex Optical Cables Prove Superior to Copper Wiring at NFL Pro BowlJanuary 31, 2014
- For anyone who watched Last Sunday's Pro Bowl all-star game, they probably noticed the presence of a steady rainfall. However, the rain affected more than just the players' grips on the ball - it impacted the copper cabling for cameras and microphones as well. The excessive moisture buildup caused the copper cabling to have a few fumbles of its own, but a backup system of fiber optics recovered the ball and saved the program from errors.
LiveU Announces Live Video Support for High Profile Sporting EventsDecember 18, 2013
- LiveU, a provider of portable live video-over-cellular solutions, said that it has made necessary provisions to support the upcoming major sports events in 2014 ranging from the FIFA World Cup and Sochi Winter Olympics, to U.S. Collegiate Championships, and the Super Bowl.
Rogers Communications Enters Long-term Broadcast and Multimedia Agreement with NHLNovember 27, 2013
- Rogers Communications, a communications and media company in Canada announced a broadcast and multimedia agreement with National Hockey League, the second-oldest of the four major professional team sports leagues in North America.
Verizon's FiOS Quantum Now the Residential Internet Provider of Tampa Bay BuccaneersOctober 28, 2013
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers has contracted Verizon's FiOS Quantum Internet service as its official residential Internet provider.
Partnership Between Samsung and the NBA Could be a Game ChangerOctober 28, 2013
- Early on Monday, October 28, the NBA signed a three year deal with Samsung, a $100 million deal that makes Samsung the NBA's official provider of televisions and tablets. In effect, this brings Samsung courtside at all of the NBA games.