Despite Myriad Sports Streaming Services, Bundling Will Re-emergeOctober 20, 2014
- The National Basketball Association and ESPN are planning a new online video service that would stream regular season games, apparently on an over-the-top basis, without requiring purchase of a linear video subscription.
TVA Sports Launches New Applications and WebsiteOctober 9, 2014
- With the launch of the iPhone Plus 6 and the impending iPad Air 2 launch, sports fans and technophiles alike are going to be making an even bigger move to tablets and large smartphones. Companies such as TVA Sports are looking to take advantage of this particular trend, and the firm has made a big move by launching two free applications for Android and iOS.
DirecTV Keeps NFL Sunday Ticket Exclusive for $1.5BOctober 3, 2014
- On the cusp of losing one of its biggest weapons in the battle against cable television providers, DirecTV announced it had managed to keep its exclusive license to its NFL Sunday Ticket offering earlier this week. Sources with inside knowledge of the talks between the satellite cable provider and the league say DirecTV will be paying $1.5 billion per year in order to keep the package exclusive.
Sportsnet Unveils Massive Hockey Central Studio in TorontoSeptember 30, 2014
- Sportsnet, a Canadian cable sports channel owned by Rogers Media, has unveiled its new Hockey Central Studio in Toronto ahead of the opening of the NHL season.
Pain and Gain for Dodgers Fans - This Season and Next?September 25, 2014
- But this season could not have been much more atypical for fans of the L.A. Dodgers, who unless they subscribed to Time Warner Cable or a few small-ish TV providers, couldn't see the vast majority of their team's regular season games. That was due to an epic content distribution battle with DirecTV and others that likely will drag on well beyond the crowning of the World Champions next month.
Cisco and TV Globo Team up for Ultimate Sports Viewing ExperienceSeptember 12, 2014
- Imagine watching the World Cup and your favorite team is about to score, and while watching you can see them take the gold, in three different angles.
NFL 2014: Catch a Pass to the Technology ZoneSeptember 4, 2014
- With the NFL regular season kickoff tonight, the only question that needs to be asked is: are you ready for some technology?
College Kickoff Spotlights Providers' Growing Sports Carriage ChallengeAugust 29, 2014
- Keeping the customer happy in an ever changing business and technology environment always works, but clearly isn't always possible economically. When it comes to the complicated world of live sports, no one provider can keep all of its customer happy all of the time. Most of the time is a goal worth shooting for but the demands of a growing population of RSNs makes that a long shot.