Rogers Communications Enters Long-term Broadcast and Multimedia Agreement with NHLNovember 27, 2013
- Rogers Communications, a communications and media company in Canada announced a broadcast and multimedia agreement with National Hockey League, the second-oldest of the four major professional team sports leagues in North America.
Verizon's FiOS Quantum Now the Residential Internet Provider of Tampa Bay BuccaneersOctober 28, 2013
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers has contracted Verizon's FiOS Quantum Internet service as its official residential Internet provider.
Partnership Between Samsung and the NBA Could be a Game ChangerOctober 28, 2013
- Early on Monday, October 28, the NBA signed a three year deal with Samsung, a $100 million deal that makes Samsung the NBA's official provider of televisions and tablets. In effect, this brings Samsung courtside at all of the NBA games.
Glasgow 2014 Identifies Sports Technology as an Official Sponsor, ProviderOctober 24, 2013
- Recently, the SportBusiness Groups' Sports Sponsorship Insider mentioned that Sports Technology has become the latest addition to the "Glasgow 2014 sponsor family." It joins Ticketmaster, Trespass and Riedel Communications as official Commonwealth Games providers.
Live Sports: The World Series of Advertising OptionsOctober 24, 2013
- Despite intensifying winds of change sweeping through the advertising industry, live sports is still the safest port in the storm, offering a growing array of options, from old-school in-stadium signage to newer ads in live-streamed Web video of the World Series, March Madness, the Super Bowl and the Olympics.
Sky Sports: The New Differentiator in Broadcasting?October 22, 2013
- Right now is an exciting time for broadcasting, and there's a lot going on in the name of entertainment. Britain's dominant Pay-TV provider, BSkyB, and Telecom giant BT are slugging it out in the middle.
TVUPack Scores Effortlessly with Live, Quality FootageOctober 16, 2013
- Gone are the days when you'd pick up the newspaper to catch up on the latest in sports or listen in to broadcasts that talk at length about teams, scores and statistics. The Web has spoiled us, and we want more than the traditional format can give us - live video streams, instant states on teams and players and a whale of other things.
ESPN2 Test-Drives '4D' TV that You Can FeelOctober 4, 2013
- The National Hot Rod Association will be delivering the first-ever tactile-enhanced sports broadcast on the ESPN2 network soon. Viewers who have ButtKicker brand hardware in their home are actually able to feel the actual vibration that the driver and fans trackside feel - live and real time - at home. The NHRA is calling it a "4D broadcast."