Huawei Signs Agreement with Washington RedskinsOctober 29, 2014
- Huawei, a global information and communications technology (ICT) solutions provider, recently announced that the company is now a multi-year team sponsor and "Official Technology Partner" for the Washington Redskins.
Seattle Mariners Deploy Solar Panels at the Team's Arizona Training FacilityOctober 20, 2014
- One of the sunniest places in the United States is Arizona, and many of its cities claim more than 300 days of sunshine per year. While Phoenix averages 330 days, Scottsdale boasts an impressive 350 days, which makes it the ideal location for baseball teams to practice during their off-season. The Seattle Mariners make the trek every year to the team's Spring Training facility in Peoria, AZ. to avoid the notorious rains of the Northwest. The team also brought its environmental awareness from Seattle to its stadium in Peoria by installing a solar rooftop and carport system in partnership with Healthy Planet Partners (HPP), Kyocera Solar and Sky Engineering.
World Cup 2018: RiT Technologies Powering Moscow's Spartak StadiumAugust 26, 2014
- The RiT advanced cabling solutions belongs to the company's network infrastructure connectivity and management solutions portfolio and is exclusively designed to cater to the needs of next-generation networks and data centers. The copper and fiber optic solutions are predominantly built for the usage in complex architectures such as inter-connect and cross-connect.
Silicon Valley's New Levi's Stadium is the World's Highest-Tech Stadium YetAugust 19, 2014
- One of the biggest issues the NFL has contended with for years was fan engagement. A full-length football game generally only has about 15 minutes worth of actual action, and fans often spend the down-time grabbing a beer or a hot dog. At Levi's Stadium however, fans will have Internet access, and he ability to access player stats, instant replays and other media. That way, when a major play goes down, fans are already in their seats and cheering instead of idling downtime away at the food vendors.
What Should You Not Take to Old Trafford?August 13, 2014
- Manchester United Football Club is one of the most successful English professional soccer clubs. It has been in existence since 1878, and is considered to be one of the most widely supported soccer teams in the world. Recently, this club announced that it would be banning users from bringing certain devices to watch its games in the Old Trafford stadium.
Mobile Sport Report Releases MLB ResearchJuly 17, 2014
- Mobile Sport Report, a research and analysis firm that focuses on analyzes stadium technology in the professional sports industry, released its second issue in the Stadium Tech Report series that focuses on the technology used in Major League Baseball (MLB). Titled "Stadium Tech Report for Q2 2014", it is the second entry in the series, after "Stadium Tech Report for Q1 2014", which focused on the National Basketball Association (NBA).
Greg Norman Takes Digital Approach to Golf Course DesignJuly 16, 2014
- Due for release this summer on all major gaming platforms is HB Studios' 'The Golf Club'. Ostensibly just another golfing simulator, much like the revered 'Tiger Woods PGA Tour' series, The Golf Club brings to the table the most sophisticated course designer on the market.
Comcast Business Brings High Speed Internet to Oakland's O.co ColiseumOctober 3, 2013
- The Oakland's O.co Coliseum, which also houses the Oakland Athletics' executive and administrative offices, is now using Comcast Business Ethernet services to realize high-speed internet.