Avaya Brings Its Gold Medal Gear to Sochi Winter OlympicsFebruary 13, 2014
- The 2014 Winter Olympics have brought along a variety of exciting stories and inspirational moments, but what many don't stop to think about is the sheer amount of technology that not only goes into the Olympics, but also allows the Olympics to come to us, the regular people all around the world watching. Avaya is bringing a variety of new technologies to this installment of the Olympic Winter Games, and in many cases, has even managed to bring developments never before seen.
NBC Olympics 2014 Utilizes NEP for Mobile Broadcasting Facilities and Engineering ConsultingFebruary 12, 2014
- The forthcoming NBC Olympics have begun, and once again people can watch the action live on the Web and through their mobile devices.
Panasonic Takes Gold as Olympic Technology Supplier Through 2024February 11, 2014
- The eyes of the world are on Sochi and the unfolding drama of young men and women competing for global glory in a variety of sports known as the Winter Olympics. But one particular competition going on behind the scenes ended much more quietly, as Panasonic took the gold-and only-medal in the Olympics' technology stakes. With this somewhat metaphorical win, Panasonic renews its Official Worldwide Olympic Partnership agreement through the 2024 Olympic Games, putting its technology and product line into use to support the various efforts of the Olympic Games for the next several years.
Snell Deploys Alchemist Ph.C-HD Converter for NBC Olympics' Production UnitFebruary 7, 2014
- Snell Group announced that its Alchemist Ph.C-HD standards converter has been selected by the NBC Olympics for the production of 2014 Olympic Winter Games scheduled to happen in Sochi, Russia during February 2014. This is the sixth consecutive time that NBC Olympics is using Snell converters for producing Olympic Winter Games.
NBC Preps Broadcast Plans for Sochi Winter OlympicsFebruary 5, 2014
- The world is gearing up for the 2014 Olympic Winter Games in Sochi, Russia-an event that is already the most controversial outing for the games since the back-to-back Cold War boycotts in 1980 and 1984. But NBC Olympics is lifting the tablecloth on some of the technical magic involved in mounting its broadcast production of the event from February 6 to the 23.
NBC to Use Adobe Primetime for Winter Olympic GamesFebruary 5, 2014
- As the most expensive Olympics ever, the 2014 Winter Games in Sochi is having to deal with controversies and security issues, but the Russian government and Vladimir Putin are sparing no expense to ensure everything goes according to plan.
Gearing Up for Sochi Olympics-Time to Get AppyFebruary 5, 2014
- There is nothing quite like global sporting events to make us app happy (aka, "appy"). Things like the just concluded Super Bowl, the World Cup and the Olympics have become not just popular for straight viewing, but also have triggered an explosion of interactions via various apps and social media.
NBCUniversal Selects AT&T Networking Solutions for Sochi Olympic Winter GamesJanuary 20, 2014
- AT&T recently announced that NBCUniversal will use the company's networking solutions to deliver high-definition coverage of the Sochi Olympic Winter Games across multiple devices. The games will be held in Sochi, Russia, from Feb. 6, 2014 to Feb. 23, 2014.