Huawei Signs Agreement with Washington RedskinsOctober 29, 2014
- Huawei, a global information and communications technology (ICT) solutions provider, recently announced that the company is now a multi-year team sponsor and "Official Technology Partner" for the Washington Redskins.
Seattle Mariners Deploy Solar Panels at the Team's Arizona Training FacilityOctober 20, 2014
- One of the sunniest places in the United States is Arizona, and many of its cities claim more than 300 days of sunshine per year. While Phoenix averages 330 days, Scottsdale boasts an impressive 350 days, which makes it the ideal location for baseball teams to practice during their off-season. The Seattle Mariners make the trek every year to the team's Spring Training facility in Peoria, AZ. to avoid the notorious rains of the Northwest. The team also brought its environmental awareness from Seattle to its stadium in Peoria by installing a solar rooftop and carport system in partnership with Healthy Planet Partners (HPP), Kyocera Solar and Sky Engineering.
World Cup 2018: RiT Technologies Powering Moscow's Spartak StadiumAugust 26, 2014
- The RiT advanced cabling solutions belongs to the company's network infrastructure connectivity and management solutions portfolio and is exclusively designed to cater to the needs of next-generation networks and data centers. The copper and fiber optic solutions are predominantly built for the usage in complex architectures such as inter-connect and cross-connect.
Silicon Valley's New Levi's Stadium is the World's Highest-Tech Stadium YetAugust 19, 2014
- One of the biggest issues the NFL has contended with for years was fan engagement. A full-length football game generally only has about 15 minutes worth of actual action, and fans often spend the down-time grabbing a beer or a hot dog. At Levi's Stadium however, fans will have Internet access, and he ability to access player stats, instant replays and other media. That way, when a major play goes down, fans are already in their seats and cheering instead of idling downtime away at the food vendors.
What Should You Not Take to Old Trafford?August 13, 2014
- Manchester United Football Club is one of the most successful English professional soccer clubs. It has been in existence since 1878, and is considered to be one of the most widely supported soccer teams in the world. Recently, this club announced that it would be banning users from bringing certain devices to watch its games in the Old Trafford stadium.
Mobile Sport Report Releases MLB ResearchJuly 17, 2014
- Mobile Sport Report, a research and analysis firm that focuses on analyzes stadium technology in the professional sports industry, released its second issue in the Stadium Tech Report series that focuses on the technology used in Major League Baseball (MLB). Titled "Stadium Tech Report for Q2 2014", it is the second entry in the series, after "Stadium Tech Report for Q1 2014", which focused on the National Basketball Association (NBA).
Greg Norman Takes Digital Approach to Golf Course DesignJuly 16, 2014
- Due for release this summer on all major gaming platforms is HB Studios' 'The Golf Club'. Ostensibly just another golfing simulator, much like the revered 'Tiger Woods PGA Tour' series, The Golf Club brings to the table the most sophisticated course designer on the market.
Comcast Business Brings High Speed Internet to Oakland's O.co ColiseumOctober 3, 2013
- The Oakland's O.co Coliseum, which also houses the Oakland Athletics' executive and administrative offices, is now using Comcast Business Ethernet services to realize high-speed internet.
Eagles Win Fans Over with MNF Victory and Free Stadium Wi-FiSeptember 11, 2013
- Philadelphia Eagles fans have more than the team's recent win over the Redskins to be excited about. Starting on Sunday, Sept. 15, for the team's first home game, the Lincoln Financial Field will offer fans access to the stadium's new high-density Wi-Fi technology.
'Digital Signage, Mobility & Security' Kiosks to Debut at NASCAR's Bristol Motor Speedway EventAugust 22, 2013
- The first NASCAR event at the Bristol Motor Speedway (BMS) was held on July 30, 1961 with 18,000 fans in the stands watching the race on the half-mile oval. Today, the track Carl Moore, Larry Carrier, and R. G. Pope built has been upgraded to hold 131,000 fans in the grandstand with an additional 100 skyboxes. With so many people in one venue, event organizers are looking for new ways to engage their fans using the latest technology. The owner of BMS, Speedway Motorsports, Inc. (SMI) will be testing "Digital Signage, Mobility & Security" kiosks operated by Heads and Tails Company, a digital engagement company, during the IRWIN Tools Night Race NASCAR Weekend.
New HD Scoreboards, Televisions Installed in Colorado's Sports Authority Field at Mile HighAugust 14, 2013
- Football fans watching home games of the Denver Broncos will have a more pleasurable time thanks to some new technology in the well-known stadium.
Levi's Stadium Tech Will Let Fans Know Length of Beer Concession, Restroom LinesAugust 2, 2013
- The new Levi's Stadium - which will be the home playing field for the San Francisco 49ers' next year - will have lots of convenient technology for fans.
Sportech and EmpireCityBets Partner on New Online Wagering PackageJune 17, 2013
- Sportech and its subsidiary eBet Technologies recently announced that the companies have managed to put together a new solution that will allow people to place Internet-based advance deposit wagering actions for New York's Empire City Casino. Empire City is located at Yonkers Raceway and the solution is working in a partnership with Saratoga Harness Racing, Inc. EmpireCityBets.com will now be accessible by its patrons through a single registered account. This account can be accessed using traditional online portals as well as mobile and telephone channels.
Cellular Specialties Boosts Wireless Services at Mercedes-Benz SuperdomeJanuary 30, 2013
- The Mercedes-Benz Superdome in New Orleans, La. will be hosting the Super Bowl XLVII on February 3, 2013 and Cellular Specialties, a provider of products and services enabling anytime anywhere wireless connectivity, stated that it is in charge of designing, deploying and commissioning the wireless infrastructure in and around the superdome and will ensure that the fans receive the best wireless experience.
SOUL Electronics and Olympic Champion Usain Bolt Partner Up for New Run-Free HeadphonesJanuary 9, 2013
- SOUL Electronics was able to catch up with the world's fastest man to create its newest line of athletic in-ear headphones.
Goal Line Technology to Get Trial Run at Uefa Club World Cup in JapanDecember 13, 2012
- Currently, two forms of goal line technology are being tested at the Uefa Club World Club being held in Japan, and Uefa president Michel Platini, like others, hasn't shielded away from voicing his displeasure.
Pogoseat is a 'Game Changer' for Seat Upgrades a Sporting EventsDecember 4, 2012
- Sports fan with seats that are less-than-desirable have been sneaking around and bribing ushers for better seats for years. Now, a new app, Pogoseat, is poised to change the way empty seats closer to the action are filled.
Florida Citrus Sports Proves Proactive in Mobile Space with MobivityNovember 6, 2012
- Mobivity will cover four bowl games over the next two years for Florida Citrus Sports.
VRC to Deploy Cisco Connected Stadium Wi-Fi Solution at Flemington RacecourseNovember 6, 2012
- With a focus on creating truly remarkable and unforgettable experiences for fans through cutting-edge technology, the Victoria Racing Club (VRC) is set to deploy the Cisco Connected Stadium Wi-Fi Solution at Flemington racecourse. VRC will be the first racing club to deploy Connected Sports Solutions, and this will make Flemington the most technology-advanced racecourse.
From Bleachers to Luxury Box Suites: Arenas Get a Tech MakeoverOctober 24, 2012
- Just recently, Washington Wizards fans got into the tech action. Instead of the old run-of-the-mill tickets, season ticket holders have been provided with passes, similar to credit cards. The season's games have been loaded onto the holder's card, which includes their name, account number, seat location and loyalty level.
TE Connectivity Distributed Antenna System Provides Coverage in Argentina Soccer StadiumOctober 23, 2012
- TE Connectivity's InterReach Unison distributed antenna system will deliver clear and consistent mobile services along with increased call capacity in the Estadio Mario Alberto Kempes in Cordoba, Argentina.
AT&T Upgrades Wireless Network for Indianapolis Motorsports RaceMay 24, 2012
- The extremely popular Indianapolis Motorsports Race, which is held every year during the Memorial Day weekend, witnesses the presence of thousands of racing fans. AT&T is enhancing its local network capacity in order to offer its Indianapolis customers a superior wireless experience.
Denver Broncos Selects SpotlightTMSMay 15, 2012
- Helping its customers measure the business impact of their ticket and suite assets, the Denver Broncos has selected SpotlightTMS. With this, companies can measure the business impact of their ticket and suite asset, Spotlight has stated.
NextiraOne Offers Telecommunications Service to Poland's National Stadium in WarsawMay 10, 2012
- NextiraOne has gotten an opportunity to offer its telecom services to National Stadium, in Warsaw.
ExteNet to Serve as Middleman for Stadium Network SolutionsApril 25, 2012
- During huge sporting events like the Super Bowl or Olympics, the sheer number of smartphone toting fans eating up data in such a close-knit crowd can bear a tremendous amount of stress on networks. Even with the assortment of different service providers, there just isn't enough bandwidth for a stadium packed with 70,000 people tweeting and sending out multimedia messages.
iCore Networks Announces Partnership Extension with Washington Health ClubJanuary 9, 2012
- iCore Networks, the leading provider of Voice over Private Internet (VoPI) services, reported an expansion in the partnership with Washington based health club operator, Sport&Health.
ZoneFlex System from Ruckus to Provide Support for Expanding Wireless Users and Applications at The Indian Wells Tennis GardenJanuary 4, 2012
- Ruckus Wireless, a provider of indoor and outdoor "Smart Wi-Fi" products for mobile operators, broadband service providers and corporate enterprises, announced that its Smart Wi-Fi solutions have been selected by the Indian Wells Tennis Garden (Indian Wells, Calif.), to provide support for a wide range of indoor and outdoor wireless applications.
Sport Manitoba Installs Brivo ACS OnSite for Security and Flexibility of AccessDecember 12, 2011
- Brivo Systems, a provider of Software as a Service (SaaS) applications for security management, claimed that its Brivo ACS OnSite is going to help Winnipeg-based Sport Manitoba manage an entire multi-use facility. Brivo is supposed to enable Sport Manitoba enjoy security and flexibility of access.
The Home Depot Center Selects Spotlight Ticket ManagementDecember 7, 2011
- Enabling The Home Depot Center's corporate suite holders to measure the business impact of tickets and suites for Major League Soccer matches and other events at the venue, Spotlight Ticket Management has announced that SpotlightTMS will be provided as a value-added offering.
Warsaw National Stadium Selects Cisco Connected Stadium SolutionNovember 23, 2011
- Cisco announced that Warsaw's brand-new National Stadium is implementing the Cisco Connected Stadium solution. The announcement was made at the 10th anniversary of the annual Cisco Expo conference in Poland.
Warsaw's National Stadium Implements Cisco TechnologyNovember 23, 2011
- Warsaw's brand-new National Stadium, one of the venues for next year's UEFA EURO 2012 European Football Championship, has selected Cisco to implement the CiscoCopyright Connected Stadium solution, the company has stated.
Black Box Picked by Florida Marlins to Deploy ShoreTel IP Communications SolutionNovember 3, 2011
- Black Box Corporation a communications system integrator announced that it has been selected by Major League Baseball's Florida Marlins, to deploy a state-of-the art ShoreTel IP communications solution at their new ballpark scheduled to open in Spring 2012.
Xirrus Outfits Gillette Stadium with Wireless NetworkOctober 21, 2011
- Xirrus has outfitted Gillette Stadium with a wireless network that will serve its premium seating areas.
AEG Collaborates With Cisco and Verizon to Give STAPLES Center a Technology MakeoverOctober 21, 2011
- The custom digital video technology solutions that have been deployed by Verizon and Cisco will help in enriching the experience of watching the face off between Los Angeles Kings and St. Louis Blues tonight for fans at the STAPLES Center. Furthermore, fans will be provided with a host of information pertaining to onsite amenities as well as available services.
Sacramento Kings Picks SpotlightTMS to Enable Suite Holders to Maximize Revenue from TicketsOctober 20, 2011
- Spotlight, an enterprise SaaS provider, announced that its SaaS application SpotlightTMS is going to help Sacramento Kings manage suite and ticket assets and enable suite holders to maximize revenues and ROI from tickets.
National Institute of Sports, Patiala Demerged from Sports Authority of IndiaJuly 21, 2011
- National Institute of Sports (NIS), Asia's largest sports institute which is popularly known as the "Mecca" of Indian sports in Patiala, India, has demerged from Sports Authority of India (SAI), the field arm of the Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports, Government of India. Shri Ajay Maken, Union Minister of State for Youth Affairs & Sports, announced the demerger.
Kansas City Now Sports a New State-of-the- Art StadiumJuly 6, 2011
- Kansas City is sporting a new state-of- the- art stadium that promises to elevate the status of sport technology and enrich the viewing experience of soccer and sports fans.
Ping HD, World Champion San Francisco Giants Launch Digital Menu Board System at AT&T ParkApril 1, 2011
- Ping HD and World Champion San Francisco Giants announced the launch of Ping HD's digital menu board system at AT&T Park. Ping HD provides digital communication solutions for the sports, convention and entertainment industries.
Crown Castle's DAS Deployed at CONSOL Energy CenterMarch 29, 2011
- Crown Castle International Corp., a provider of wireless communications coverage networks, revealed that one of its subsidiaries has deployed its neutral host distributed antenna system (DAS) within CONSOL Energy Center in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
AT&T Completes DAS Installation at Meadowlands StadiumMarch 28, 2011
- Telecom operator AT&T announced that it has expanded its mobile broadband coverage, at New Meadowlands Stadium in East Rutherford. The completion of the installation of a new Distributed Antenna System (DAS) to serve customers throughout the facility is part of an investment the company announced earlier in New Jersey.
HP Unveils ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex at DisneyMarch 4, 2011
- Looking to deliver an immersive technology experience to the 2 million athletes, coaches and spectators that visit the Disney complex each year, HP has unveiled the HP Field House at the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex.
Pennsylvania Resources Council, NHL Introduce Green Campaign at 2011 Winter ClassicJanuary 3, 2011
- While the Washington Capitals and Pittsburgh Penguins were fighting it out to establish themselves as a serious contender to make a run at the Stanley Cup at the 2011 Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania Resources Council (PRC) and its partners along with National Hockey League, Pittsburgh Penguins, Alco Parking, City of Pittsburgh Environmental Services, Greenstar, Heinz Field and the Sports & Exhibition Authority launched the Winter Classic tailgate recycling campaign in the stadium parking lots.
Merriweather to Host Second Virgin Mobile FestSeptember 24, 2010
- The much awaited Virgin Mobile FreeFest is back!
TomTom Reveals the Best and Worst Traffic Trends around Professional Football StadiumsSeptember 10, 2010
- TomTom, a provider of location and navigation solutions, announced the results of a study that revealed the worst and best game-day traffic trends around professional stadiums.
AT&T Enhances Wireless Experience at Citizens Bank Park for Phillies Fans through Sports TechAugust 18, 2010
- AT&T announced activation of a new antenna system in Citizens Bank Park. The new antenna system provides additional capacity to help enhance the wireless experience for Phillies fans.
Cavalier's Services To Provide Business Solutions For Colonial DownsAugust 18, 2010
- Colonial Downs, a horse racetrack in New Kent, Virginia selected Cavalier for providing dedicated Internet access and voice communications business solutions to support critical service needs. As a leading provider of competitive telecommunications services throughout the eastern United States, Cavalier will provide high-capacity Internet connectivity and voice communications for the Colonial Downs headquarters and the three fast-growing Richmond-area off track betting locations.
Crowds at Texas Tech University's Jones AT&T Stadium Served by ADC's Wireless SolutionsJuly 22, 2010
- Texas Tech University's Jones AT&T Stadium will have high-capacity cellular services with the deployment of ADC's InterReach Fusion and FlexWave Prism distributed antenna systems or DAS. An announcement in this regard has been made by ADC which provides the connections for wireline, wireless, cable, broadcast, and enterprise networks around the world.
Corporate Changes Breeze through Peninsula GamingApril 30, 2010
- Peninsula Gaming, LLC , which engages in the ownership and operation of casino and off-track betting parlors, through its subsidiaries, made an announcement regarding promotions and additions made to its management.
Athletic Republic Names Panasonic as Official Technology PartnerApril 29, 2010
- Athletic Republic, a franchisor of science-based performance sports training centers, has named Panasonic as its official technology partner through a newly formed strategic alliance.
Verizon Wireless Enhances its Network Capacity for Kentucky Derby Festival EventsApril 28, 2010
- Verizon Wireless has said that it has beefed up its network capacity for Kentucky Derby Festival events and the big race itself by activating two temporary cell sites.
Cisco Executes Its Stadium Vision, Monitors to Mobile GadgetsApril 22, 2010
- The networking giant known for its routers is now making monitors designed for sports stadiums. Eventually, the technology it's using for these monitors will channel more personalized content to mobile devices like the iPad.
EMC Corporation Enters Partnership With Philadelphia PhilliesApril 21, 2010
- EMC Corporation, a FORTUNE 200 company that provides information infrastructure technology and solutions that enable organizations of all sizes to transform the way they compete and create value from their information, announced that the company entered into a partnership with the Philadelphia Phillies.
Indy Names Safefreight Technology Mobile Security ProviderApril 16, 2010
- The official mobile security supplier of the Indy Racing League, sanctioning body of the IZOD IndyCar Series and Firestone Indy Lights will be served by Safefreight Technology, developer and provider of a fleet management and fleet intelligence software. Safefreight's Smartfleet system will be utilized by the Indy Racing League on all league transporters and trailers to protect these critical race assets during the season.
Insignia is the Official HDTV Partner of the Minnesota TwinsApril 7, 2010
- Insignia has provided more than 450 custom-built, flat-panel HDTVs with screen sizes of 32", 42" and 65" throughout the Twins' new state-of-the-art home stadium, Target Field as part of the recently inked multi-year partnership between the two organizations. The ballpark is set to open for its inaugural season on April 12. Best Buy For Business, the business to business division of Best Buy, is said to have dedicated a team that serves IPTV and commercial AV needs for commercial venues.
AT&T Sponsors Fan Zone at Final FourApril 1, 2010
- According to a press release, AT&T has setup "AT&T Fan Zone" to get the NCAA basketball fans into the competitive spirit for the Men's Final Four at Bracket Town Refreshed by Coca-Cola Zero, held at the Indiana Convention Center. There, AT&T will be presenting special autograph sessions featuring past and present coaches between April 1 and April 5.
Broadview Networks to provide Voice and Data Communications for Wachovia Center, 76ers and FlyersMarch 1, 2010
- Broadview Networks, a network-based business communications provider announced that will be providing voice and data telecommunications services to the Wachovia Center, 76ers and Flyers.
Pennsylvania-based Wachovia Center is owned by Comcast-Spectacor which is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation. It hosts fans of various sporting events and concerts. It is also home to the National Hockey League's Philadelphia Flyers and the National Basketball Association's Philadelphia 76ers.
Verizon Wireless Arms Itself to Meet Basketball Challenge in DallasFebruary 24, 2010
- Verizon Wireless Network geared up to meet the "basketball" challenge in Dallas. Tens of thousands of basketball fans were assured of good coverage by its networks
Nationwide Insurance Donates $120,000 to CIAAFebruary 24, 2010
- This is a multi-year agreement that includes Nationwide serving as presenting sponsor of the CIAA Football Championship Game, sponsorship of the CIAA Men's Tournament Most Valuable Player Trophy, and as a Corporate Sponsor of all sixteen CIAA Conference Championships.
Qwest Inks Communications Provider Deal with Minnesota TwinsFebruary 23, 2010
- Qwest reportedly has signed an exclusive multiyear agreement with the Minnesota Twins to deliver exciting, fan-friendly technology at Target Field.
Panasonic and Angels Baseball Collaborate to Improve Fan ExperienceFebruary 22, 2010
- Panasonic Enterprise Solutions Company recently upgraded the Angel Stadium of Anaheim, Calif. with its latest Panasonic display technologies to further enhance the fan experience.
Verizon Wireless to Provide 3G Wireless Services for Race Fans in DaytonaFebruary 10, 2010
- These units will strengthen the Verizon Wireless network in Daytona Beach and across Florida, enabling users more then 200,000 fans to use calls, text messages, picture and video messages, Internet connections and other wireless traffic during the race.
Football Season Again: Verizon Wireless Upgrades 3G Networks at MiamiFebruary 2, 2010
- Verizon Wireless has completed installation of a permanent in-building "super system" at Sun Life Stadium, for the football's big game starting February 7 at Miami Gardens.