Golf Gadget: Don't Worry, Just Point and ShootApril 25, 2014
- The difference today, from 5 years ago is there are countless lasers, rangefinders and GPS on the market-I never play without my Bushnell Tour V2 Rangefinder. These "toys" won't keep your head down, fix your slice or sink a putt - but they certainly offer an advantage for managing a golf course.
Who Needs a Personal Trainer? 24/7 Virtual Classes on the RiseDecember 3, 2013
- Everyone has an excuse for why they don't exercise. Most of them involve the idea of not having enough time. A chain of 24/7 gyms, Anytime Fitness, is trying to get people on less reason to avoid the gym with their new LES MILLS virtual classes.
Slam Dunk with BluetoothDecember 2, 2013
- If you're a fan of basketball and have $295 to spare on practicing the sport, InfoMotion Sports Technologies has just the product for you! The Dublin, Ohio based firm whose mission, according to its website, is "to improve the fundamental skill of any athlete by using information to make skill development measurable" has unveiled 94Fifty Smart Sensor Basketball, a basketball that has the technological capacity to measure the subtlest of muscle memory, and to learn the strengths and weaknesses of players at any level.
Wodify Cloud-Based Software Streamlines Operations at CrossFit BoxesNovember 12, 2013
- After becoming a CrossFit member in 2011, Shah found that much of this tracking was a time-consuming, manual process. He had previously founded Conigent, a technology management firm and saw the inefficiency of managing workouts at CrossFit boxes as another opportunity to create a new company.
New Mouthguard Tracks Unseen Injuries in Sporting EventsOctober 16, 2013
- Unseen injuries in sports such as concussions have lifelong repercussions for athletes. The recent $765 million settlement by the NFL was the result of the leagues handling of brain trauma.
Duke Implements SportVU Tracking SystemOctober 11, 2013
- Duke is one of the first universities to use SportVU. SportVU is a player tracking camera system that is revolutionizing the way that some data is analyzed by NBA teams.
Philadelphia Eagles Embrace Connected TechnologyJuly 31, 2013
- A variety of companies recently have unveiled sensor solutions to gauge the impact athletes suffer to their heads during play. But sensors are also increasingly being used to track the performance of athletes during practice, training and even during games.
Connected Tech Helps Address Sports Head Injury ConcernsJuly 31, 2013
- Concussions recently have become a huge issue in sports, and it's no wonder why. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention estimates that millions of sports-related concussions and mild traumatic brain injuries - which can cause long-term damage - occur annually.