Despite Glitches, FIA Still Has Faith in Riedel Communications for Auto-Race TechnologyApril 29, 2013
- The Federation Internationale de l'Automobile (FIA) - which is a global governing body for auto racing (including Formula One) - will stay with Riedel Communications for an electronic marshaling system despite recent technical problems.
Riddell Unveils New Wireless Helmet Impact TechnologyJanuary 8, 2013
- Player's safety has been a hot topic in the National Football League lately, and the NFL has taken the necessary steps to make the game safer for players. First there was the introduction of new, safer Riddell Revolution helmets in 2002.
NFL Refs Create Technology Committee to Discuss Hi-Tech Changes to the GameDecember 3, 2012
- The NFL is kicking it up a notch with various new technologies designed to bring the football league into the future.
American Sports Medicine Institute and Motus Offer Advance Biomechanical AnalysisSeptember 24, 2012
- In today's sports world, professional athletes are looking to gain a competitive edge over their opponents. That is why biomechanics technology and performance analysis for athletes have become a popular choice as it enhance athletic performance and prevents injury.
Next Generation Fitness Gadgets Syncing to Bluetooth-Enabled DevicesAugust 30, 2012
- In today's wireless world, almost every technological device can be connected via Bluetooth technology. This ranges from smartphones to TVs, laptops, and even a car's infotainment system.
Media Content for Fitness Equipment Company Netpulse Raises New FundingJuly 30, 2012
- Perhaps in the future it will become a little easier to talk to your fitness equipment. Netpulse, Inc., a media and data services company that combines technology, fitness and media, has reportedly raised $15.6 million in Series C funding led by August Capital.
Ohio Sports Chiropractic Uses AlterG Anti-Gravity TreadmillJuly 24, 2012
- AlterG treadmills make use of patented NASA technology that allows for precise partial weight bearing. Users can rehab and train like never before. Professional teams and elite medical facilities are using the AlterG to revolutionize recovery programs.
NASCAR's 'Inside the Headsets'May 22, 2012
- NASCAR is known to draw a cult following of people attracted to the deafening roar of engines, Mountain Dew and girls in bikinis. NASCAR logos can be spotted on flip-flops, jars of mayonnaise, or virtually everything at Walmart. For people who can't get enough of the NASCAR action, NASCAR Media Group is producing a show on SPEED called, "Inside the Headsets" which offers behind-the-scene footage of the live race 24 hours after it occurred. But one thing I have yet to discover is exactly what kind of headsets the professional drivers wear.