Ralph Lauren Provides Connectivity & Fashion with OMsignal BackingAugust 25, 2014
- Wearable technology has made a lot of advancements since its earliest days, and with those advancements is coming some exciting new opportunities in the form factor side as well. Granted, the wrist is still considered prime real estate when it comes to wearables, but even as smart glasses started to make an appearance, the rest of the body was also receiving due consideration. When the U.S. Open fires up in earnest this week, so too will a new advance in wearable tech from no less than Ralph Lauren, backed up by smart clothing maker OMsignal.
The Boys of Summer are About to Go High-TechAugust 11, 2014
- New reports suggest that, by just 2020, there will be more technology in the youth sports sector than previously anticipated.
Golf Gadget: Don't Worry, Just Point and ShootApril 25, 2014
- The difference today, from 5 years ago is there are countless lasers, rangefinders and GPS on the market-I never play without my Bushnell Tour V2 Rangefinder. These "toys" won't keep your head down, fix your slice or sink a putt - but they certainly offer an advantage for managing a golf course.
Who Needs a Personal Trainer? 24/7 Virtual Classes on the RiseDecember 3, 2013
- Everyone has an excuse for why they don't exercise. Most of them involve the idea of not having enough time. A chain of 24/7 gyms, Anytime Fitness, is trying to get people on less reason to avoid the gym with their new LES MILLS virtual classes.
Slam Dunk with BluetoothDecember 2, 2013
- If you're a fan of basketball and have $295 to spare on practicing the sport, InfoMotion Sports Technologies has just the product for you! The Dublin, Ohio based firm whose mission, according to its website, is "to improve the fundamental skill of any athlete by using information to make skill development measurable" has unveiled 94Fifty Smart Sensor Basketball, a basketball that has the technological capacity to measure the subtlest of muscle memory, and to learn the strengths and weaknesses of players at any level.
Wodify Cloud-Based Software Streamlines Operations at CrossFit BoxesNovember 12, 2013
- After becoming a CrossFit member in 2011, Shah found that much of this tracking was a time-consuming, manual process. He had previously founded Conigent, a technology management firm and saw the inefficiency of managing workouts at CrossFit boxes as another opportunity to create a new company.
New Mouthguard Tracks Unseen Injuries in Sporting EventsOctober 16, 2013
- Unseen injuries in sports such as concussions have lifelong repercussions for athletes. The recent $765 million settlement by the NFL was the result of the leagues handling of brain trauma.
Duke Implements SportVU Tracking SystemOctober 11, 2013
- Duke is one of the first universities to use SportVU. SportVU is a player tracking camera system that is revolutionizing the way that some data is analyzed by NBA teams.