Bulldog Digital Media Now Open For BusinessJanuary 24, 2013
- Streaming Media veterans John Petrocelli and Josh Lennox launched Bulldog Digital Media, a live digital video content strategy consultancy, in order to help users optimize their live digital video content strategies with unmatched expertise and guidance.
Cisco's Videoscape Gets an Olympic Run, Glimpse of the Future, in OneAugust 6, 2012
- Technology has never been so big at the Olympic Games. The impact of all that technology has been nothing short of game-changing, and one more shot to the status quo recently came in from Cisco, who, along with NBC Olympics, will be offering a little glimpse of what the future may look like with their new Videoscape system.
London 2012: Danny Boyle's Record-Breaking Opening CeremoniesJuly 31, 2012
- All eyes were on London last Friday for director Danny Boyle's Olympic opening ceremony. With 40.7 million viewers worldwide, London 2012 broke the record 39.8 million viewers who tuned in to watch Atlanta's opening ceremony in 1996 and became the most-watched Olympic opening ceremony.
Limelight Brings Live Sports Action to Global FansJuly 30, 2012
- Online video is no longer restricted to the computer screen.
Limelight Networks, the worldwide leader in Digital Presence Management, has announced that various broadcasters from around the globe depend on Limelight to bring live action from this summer's Olympic Games to millions of sports fans.
Time Warner Cable Partners with Victor Cruz, New York GiantsJune 26, 2012
- Time Warner Cable, one of the largest providers of video, high-speed data and voice services in the United States, has entered a partnership with Victor Cruz, New York Giants wide receiver and Super Bowl champ, to bolster its Enjoy Sports Better initiative that helps customers enjoy the sports and teams they love even more.
ESPN Radio and Slacker to Provide Live ESPN Stations on Slacker RadioJune 11, 2012
- Slacker, Inc. has launched six new national, regional and Spanish language ESPN stations dedicated to live streaming of ESPN shows and sporting events. Slacker subscribers can access the live ESPN content on the slacker's website and through the free Slacker Radio mobile application available on all major smartphone operating systems.
Bloomberg Sports Adds Fantasy Alarm Feature to Their 'Front Office 2012'May 15, 2012
- Bloomberg Sports Front Office 2012 is a tool from Bloomberg Sports that helps players win their fantasy baseball league. It consists of a complete draft kit and full set of in-season trading, free agent, and lineup tools, with rankings tailored for the users' league settings.
Time Warner Cable Launching Two Sports Network for Large Hispanic ClienteleMay 11, 2012
- Time Warner Cable (TWC), a company that brings informative entertainment to 15 million customers, recently revealed another expansion plan, under which the company will launch two new regional sports networks.
Exclusively designed for the Southern California-area sports fans, the networks, branded Time Warner Cable SportsNet and Time Warner Cable Deportes, will deliver the region's most comprehensive sports information.
ESPN Launches Online Channel for Comcast CustomersMay 10, 2012
- Twenty-two million Comcast subscribers have now been provided with access to 'WatchESPN', a version of the popular sports television channel for viewing on mobile phones and Internet.
Verizon Wireless, Comcast Agreement Promises Atlanta Users a Whale of a TimeMay 1, 2012
- With Comcast and Verizon co-developing in Atlanta to offer video, phone, Internet and wireless services, consumers in the region are all set to have access to greater variety in entertainment and increased viewing options from anywhere and at anytime.
Glowpoint Cloud Services to Enable Live NFL Draft InterviewsApril 24, 2012
- With the National Football League's (NFL) annual draft just a few days away, football fans are eagerly awaiting to hear about their team's latest recruits as soon as they're picked up.
For the tenth year running, Glowpoint is providing support for live high-definition interviews during draft coverage.
Time Warner Announces Expanded Regional Sports Offerings for NYC, Dallas and Charlotte MarketsApril 24, 2012
- Time Warner Cable has added multiple regional sports networks to its TWCTV app for iPhone, iPad and Android smartphones. The new offerings will be accessible through TWCTV.com, accessible through both Mac and PC desktop and laptop computers in New York City, Dallas and Charlotte, NC.
The ITU World Triathlon Series to Receive Broadcast and CDN Services from Level 3April 19, 2012
- ITU, the world governing body for triathlon, will make use of the broadcast and CDN services from Level 3 for broadcasting the upcoming ITU World Triathlon Series.
PERFORM Delivers Live Sports via Digital RapidsApril 2, 2012
- PERFORM has deployed 150 StreamZ Live encoders and the Broadcast Manager multi-encoder automation software from Digital Rapids, to support the live streaming of premium sports content over a variety of devices and platforms.
"The combination of Digital Rapids' StreamZ Live encoders and the Broadcast Manager software have led to significant savings in our operational costs," said Andy Measham, PERFORM's Chief Operating Officer.
Let the March Madness Begin! How Will You Keep Tabs on Your Bracket This Year?March 13, 2012
- Confession time - I'm bumming hard… real hard. As a devoted Syracuse basketball fan - and someone who has no trouble admitting that she bleeds orange - my heart sank an hour ago when my alma matter announced that our center Fab Melo (you know, that seven-foot-plus giant that all you other teams feared all season), has been taken out of the NCAA Tournament due to an eligibility issue. For real? An eligibility issue that cannot be discussed. Great.
My disappointment is shared by countless other 'Cusers as Facebook and Twitter feeds this afternoon were flooded with posts bashing Melo for leaving us, the No. 1 seed school, a school with a school record of 30-1 in the regular season, feeling (ironically) a little blue.
ESPN Developer Center Launches, APIs AccessibleMarch 6, 2012
- ESPN is now offering a Developer Center which lets software developers use Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) related to the network's sports content. ESPN lets the APIs provide some of the network's content and data for products and services.
For example, ESPN's Headlines API is available via the Developer Center. It connects apps to daily news, columns and analysis on different sports, teams and athletes. Also, a Research Notes API is being offered to ESPN partners, which includes trivia, facts and history.
Austria's unas media Streams Australian Open Live with Digital RapidsFebruary 17, 2012
- Digital Rapids claimed that its encoding solutions helped Austria-based unas media productions to stream high-quality live feeds of the Australian Open tennis matches to the tournament's official websites, mobile devices and online betting providers.
Verizon Celebrates Super Bowl XLVI Weekend with Popular Gospel EventFebruary 7, 2012
- To kick off the Super Bowl XLVI weekend, Verizon participated in the 13th annual Super Bowl Gospel Celebration on Friday, Feb. 3.
Verizon Going Hard After Super Bowl Wireless TrafficFebruary 2, 2012
- Getting to go to the Super Bowl is a once in a lifetime experience. While getting to work with 4G LTE networks isn't nearly that rare and will only be more commonplace as we go on, the two events have something in common these days. Verizon Wireless has announced an endeavor that will allow their customers to work with the new high speed wireless tech while enjoying the biggest football game of the year.
The Great Blackout Debate: Should the FCC Change Broadcasting Rules?February 2, 2012
- As Adweek reported Tuesday, the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) is seeking comment from the National Football League (NFL) on its practice of blacking out games on local television stations in cities where teams have failed to fill their stadium's seats. When local stations cannot air a game, it prohibits pay-TV providers from airing it too, causing fans and the FCC itself to question the validity of the Commission's own blackout rule.
Samsung Prepares Super Bowl Ad for Galaxy NoteFebruary 1, 2012
- The ad was entirely shot with the Galaxy Note super phone's HD-quality video camera and has been directed by Bobby Farrelly - whose credits include movies like There's Something About Mary, Dumb and Dumber, Kingpin and Fever Pitch.
Verizon FiOS Signs New Carriage Agreement with Tennis ChannelJanuary 18, 2012
- Tennis Channel and Verizon FiOS TV announced they have signed the new carriage agreement to offer tennis channel again to FiOS customers.
Roger Communications Launches Industry-First Sportsnews ChannelJanuary 16, 2012
- With the launch of the barker channel, "Sportsnews," Roger digital cable customers will now have access to around the clock sports-themed promotional services. This industry-first channel will be available to customers at no additional cost.
"Sportsnews is the first cable service of its kind in Canada . It's where customers can learn about our sports programming as well as what's happening in the world of sports - 24/7 and right at their fingertips," said Anthony Antonelli, senior director of sports and on-demand services at Rogers Communications.
Roger Communications Launches Sportsnews ChannelJanuary 16, 2012
- With the launch of the barker channel, Sportsnews, Roger digital cable customers will now have access to a 'round the clock' sports-themed promotional service. This industry-first channel will be available to customers at no additional cost.
Mitsubishi Electric's Diamond Vision Systems Nabs an Emmy at CESJanuary 16, 2012
- For 20 years, large-scale video displays from Mitsubishi Electric have been transforming indoor and outdoor events into spectacular shows. Accordingly, the iconic display system that debuted at Dodger Stadium in Los Angeles in 1980 has bagged several awards. The latest award that Mitsubishi has nabbed is the National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences (NATAS) 63rd Annual Technology & Engineering Emmy Award for its Diamond Vision system.
The company received this ward on Jan. 12 as part of the 2012 International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas, Nevada.
UMass Uses ZiXi Cloud to Televise Sport EventsJanuary 13, 2012
- The University of Massachusetts-Amherst's (UMass) athletic department will use ZiXi's cloud-based Video Transport Platform to televise its sporting events for the 2011-2012 season.
Ice Bears, Comcast Introduce New Way to Watch Hockey GamesJanuary 12, 2012
- Wishing to provide superior entertainment to hockey fans for the remainder of its winning 10th anniversary season, Knoxville Ice Bears Professional Hockey Team has partnered with Comcast to launch innovative broadcast technology.
AT&T Deploys COWs for Big Miami Bowl Game on Jan. 4January 4, 2012
- Looking to help with the anticipated increase in network traffic at the big bowl game in Miami on January 4, AT&T has rolled in two Cell sites on Wheels, or COWs, in the stadium parking lot.
Football Aficionados to Have a Ball with Live Streaming CoverageJanuary 3, 2012
- The NFL arena is heating up as teams prepare to battle it out to earn a trip to the big game and with the playoffs starting, each participant is fervently hoping for the strong showing. With the mounting excitement and NFL's popularity soaring even higher, LiveFootballPass software and the website promise to provide live coverage of the playoff games.
High Definition Instant Replay System for NASCAR Race Officials Constructed by TelestreamDecember 14, 2011
- Telestream is one of the leading providers of video transcoding and workflow automation systems. The company recently announced that it has built a brand new High Definition (HD) instant replay system for NASCAR race control officials.
ESPN: The Worldwide Leader in Jacking up Your Cable BillDecember 6, 2011
- ESPN - the self-proclaimed worldwide leader in sports - has been branded by cable execs with an alternative slogan: the primary reason your cable bill is so darn expensive.
Cox Sports to Debut Original Documentary Film on Race and Basketball at Providence CollegeNovember 29, 2011
- Cox Sports, an Emmy-award winning regional sports network is all set to air Providence College: Black and White, an original documentary film that details the relationship between the civil rights movement in America and college basketball at Providence.
Grow The Game Golf to Provide Live Real-Time Scoring for Golf Industry CupNovember 14, 2011
- Grow The Game (GTG) Golf has announced that the company has been named the official live scoring provider for the Golfweek Golf Industry Cup tournament.
GlobeCast in Pact with Trace to Broadcast Trace Sports HD to the AmericasNovember 10, 2011
- GlobeCast, a subsidiary of France Telecom and provider of content management and worldwide transmission services for professional broadcast delivery, announced it has signed a contract with broadcaster Trace to broadcast its new high-definition channel, Trace Sports HD, on the NSS-806 satellite.
Will Sports Programming Costs Lead to Collapse of Video Business?November 10, 2011
- The U.S. sports programming business has economics much like healthcare, which, depending on your point of view, means either great trouble or a great "moat" around the business for content owners, programming networks and video distributors.
DirecTV Gets Subscriber Boost from NFL Sunday TicketNovember 3, 2011
- The country's largest satellite TV broadcaster brought in more subscribers than ever in the third quarter, helped by the NFL Sunday Ticket, according to media reports.
NFL Network's RedZone Channel with Digital Landing Enables Fans to See All TouchdownsOctober 6, 2011
- DigitalLanding.com, an aggregator of Internet, television, phone, and other digital services, announced that NFL fans will now be able to watch all the touchdowns of their out-of-market teams on the NFL Network's RedZone Channel.
ATEME's Kyrion Encoders Chosen by Telecom Argentina for Premier Soccer EventOctober 5, 2011
- ATEME recently announced that the company's Kyrion contribution solution has been chosen by Telecom Argentina to showcase the premier soccer event to millions of spectators in America and Europe. The encoders CM4101 and decoders DR8400 which support MPEG-2 and MPEG-4 up to 4:2:2 10-bit compression and HD resolution of 1080x60.
New England Sports Network Selects Sidera Networks for Dark Fiber and Ethernet ServicesOctober 4, 2011
- Sidera Networks, a global provider of fiber optic-based network solutions, announced that New England Sports Network (NESN), a top sports network, has selected Sidera to enable simulcast programming for regional broadcasts of the Boston Red Sox and Boston Bruins games.
Panasonic: 3D Broadcast of US Open a Big HitSeptember 29, 2011
- According to Panasonic, viewers were delighted to get the 3D coverage of the US Open 2011 Tennis Tournament. Panasonic has signed on to work alongside the U.S Tennis Association and CBS Sports to broadcast the U.S. Open championships in 3D. Panasonic, a company in Full HD 3D technology, is the official consumer electronics sponsor of the US Open Championships, as well as sponsor of CBS Sports' 2D and 3D US Open telecasts.
RCN Strengthens Sports Package Options with Addition of FOX Soccer PlusSeptember 29, 2011
- RCN, a Boston cable provider, recently announced the addition of FOX Soccer Plus to its sports channel offerings.
SNTV Announces Comprehensive Set of Three Digital Video ProductsSeptember 28, 2011
- A premier television sports video news agency, SNTV recently released SNTV Digital, a comprehensive set of three digital video products, which will officially go live on October 1, 2011.
Verizon FiOS1 Gets Exclusive Rights to Broadcast All New Jersey State High School Sports Through 2015September 26, 2011
- Telecom giant Verizon has reportedly signed an agreement with newspaper publisher Star-Ledger/NJ.com making its FiOS1 local channel the exclusive broadcast partner of the New Jersey State Interscholastic Athletic Association through 2015.
Level 3 to Bring Sports Broadcast Services to UniversitiesSeptember 20, 2011
- Level 3 Communications, Inc., which delivers some of the most-watched sporting events in the world, has launched a new service, universities access today announced a new service to provide high-quality, professional sports broadcast services to universities.
NBC Will Provide Live Coverage in Some Form for All Olympic EventsAugust 30, 2011
- It has been a long standing tradition that when you are watching an Olympic event, there's a pretty good chance you'll already know the outcome. This is because during the Olympics, most of the events are taking place half a world away during a time that most Americans are tucked away in bed. This means that the broadcast network will air the event on tape delay so that there is actually someone awake to watch it.
One World Sports to Distribute Asian Soccer Qualification Matches for London 2012 GamesAugust 30, 2011
- One World Sports (OWS), North America's leading Asian sports provider, recently announced in a press release that it has signed an exclusive agreement with World Sport Group (WSG) to distribute Asian soccer qualification matches for next year's London 2012 games on a multi-media basis in North America.
Lower Level Sports Organizations Applaud Streaming Internet RulingAugust 26, 2011
- Sports and the Internet seemingly have always had an uneasy alliance. While there are plenty of aspects that sporting agencies love about the Internet, there are others that can cause some truly sticky situations. Some sports teams are completely embracing the Internet craze while other teams and leagues still seem to have more missteps than successes.
NFL's Giants Getting Big Time Integration with TwitterAugust 25, 2011
- Since the social media site was first launched, there has always been an uneasy peace between Twitter and the major American sports leagues. Sometimes that peace seems more like an all out war with both the NFL and the NBA issuing orders for players and coaches to stay away from Twitter at various times. The latest instance of the NBA firing a sideways shot at Twitter is the directive that bans coaches and players from communicating with each other using Twitter while there is a lockout going on.
Boost Mobile Becomes the First League-Wide Marquee Partner of the WNBAAugust 23, 2011
- Boost Mobile, one of Sprint's prepaid brands, is now the first league-wide marquee partner of the Women's National Basketball Association (WNBA) and as part of this partnership it will be tied closely to the WNBA brand on a national level.
Nevion Provides Flashlink Solutions to New Century ProductionsAugust 22, 2011
- Nevion, a manufacturer of systems for broadcasters, service providers and government agencies, asserted that its Flashlink solutions are going to help mobile teleproduction services provider New Century Productions (NCP) link mobile production units for ESPN's Sunday night football.
Comcast Sues DirecTV in Response to Ads about 'Free' NFL GamesAugust 8, 2011
- Comcast has sued DirecTV over ads it claims deceive viewers about pro football programs. Comcast alleges DirecTV is committing false advertising, unfair competition and consumer fraud - and its lawsuit further claims that DirecTV is responsible for telling "an outright lie," according to Adweek.
AT&T Drops ESPN 3DAugust 2, 2011
- All you want is slap shots firing at you, home runs coming your way, and being at the bottom of a pile fighting for a fumble. That's the plan for sports television in 3D, but that plan didn't work for AT&T as they have decided to drop ESPN 3D, the world's first 3D channel devoted to sports.
The contract between the two companies expired last month and AT&T chose not to renew it.
Home Run for Blue Jays FansAugust 2, 2011
- Rogers Communications Inc. has hit a fastball out of the park by streaming live Toronto Blue Jays games for Blue Jays fans. Now, Rogers customers can watch free Rogers Sportsnet coverage for the rest of the 2011 season, through Rogers On Demand Online and Rogers On Demand Mobile.
With this announcement, Jays fans can essentially watch their favorite team from anywhere - on TV, their laptops, or watch the live stream from their smartphones.
Women's World Cup Brings out Tweeters in Droves, Sets New Tweets per Second RecordJuly 18, 2011
- This year marks five years since the inception of the highly popular social media website Twitter, and on its anniversary the site ringed in yet another milestone as the FIFA Women's World Cup received tons of attention drawing a new Tweets Per Second (TPS) record.
SPB Software App Allows Fans to Watch 2011 Copa America Matches on Mobile DevicesJuly 8, 2011
- SPB Software, a leading mobile software developer, has collaborated with mTraffic, a transmission rights holder of the Latin America championship, to provide live broadcasting of the 2011 Copa America matches on Android, iPhone and iPad devices.
GlobeCast Casts Wimbledon Matches in New LightJuly 6, 2011
- Wimbledon, the prestigious tennis tournament, is a Grand Slam event that is viewed avidly by millions around the world. IMG Media, in conjunction with its exclusive 3D distribution, partner, GlobeCast, transferred the on-court excitement in a first-ever live HD 3D broadcast.
Cellular South Plans to Show Third Season of Award-Winning High School Football Rivalry ProgramJuly 5, 2011
- The South's biggest high school football rivalry game will be televised by Cellular South, the privately owned wireless communications provider with the collaboration of FOX Sports South (FSSO).
RRsat Launches FIGHT NOW! TV And Expands Sports Coverage Over North AmericaJune 30, 2011
- RRsat Global Communications Network Ltd is one of the leading providers of comprehensive content management and global distribution services to the television and radio broadcasting industries. The company recently announced the launch of FIGHT NOW! TV on the Galaxy 23 satellite which will access nearly 8,000 cable headends that represents close to 90 percent of the American cable market. FIGHT NOW! TV is a 24-hour combat sports channel, in HD and is dedicated to mixed martial arts (MMA) as well as boxing, grappling and kickboxing.
NBC and iStreamPlanet Working Together to Broadcast WimbledonJune 28, 2011
- iStreamPlanet and NBC have again teamed up to broadcast live sporting events. Last month they worked together to stream The French Open and now they're working on another Grand Slam tennis event, the Championships at Wimbledon.
Australian Sports & Sports Education Specialist Visits India to Promote Collaboration in Sports EducationJune 28, 2011
- Under the Australian Trade Commission's Australian Visiting Researcher Program, Professor Pamm Kellett, an eminent researcher from Melbourne's Deakin University, recently visited India on June 20 to 24, 2011. The visit was aimed at showcasing innovative Australian research and world-class education, and exploring opportunities to collaborate with India in the field of Sport. Australian Education International (AEI) in New Delhi co-sponsored the program along with Australian Trade Commission.
SES Satellite Enables ESPN Brazil to Distribute HD Content in Latin AmericaJune 27, 2011
- ESPN Brazil, in conjunction with SES WORLD SKIES' NSS-806 satellite, is all set to expand its presence across Latin America by providing one HD and one SD sports channels to the region's cable television transmission stations.
NBC Retains Olympics through 2020 with Aggressive BidJune 13, 2011
- NBC secured the rights to broadcast the Olympic Games through 2020 last week by agreeing to fork over a whopping $4.38 billion - nearly $1 billion more than the closest competing bid.
ESPN Selects Motorola Mobility's 1080p60 HD Video Distribution SolutionJune 9, 2011
- Looking to transition all programming for ESPN and ESPN2 networks to an MPEG-4 HD format, ESPN will use Motorola's video distribution solution.
Time Warner Cable Positions David Rone as President, TWC SportsMay 24, 2011
- Time Warner Cable, a provider of video, high-speed data and phone services in the United States serving more than 14 million customers, named David Rone as President of TWC Sports. Rone will report to Melinda Witmer, who reports to Time Warner Cable Chairman & CEO Glenn Britt.
SureWest Sports Show Announces Athletes of the Year Award RecipientsMay 23, 2011
- SureWest Communications has announced winners of the third annual SureWest Sports Show Athletes of the Year award.
Winners named for the 2010-11 season are Belle Obert (Del Oro): SureWest Sports Show Female Athlete of the Year and Kyle Howarth (Granite Bay): SureWest Sports Show Male Athlete of the Year.
One World Sports Wins North American Rights for Asia Golf TournamentMay 3, 2011
- One World Sports, the Asian arm of the Dallas-based sports network company, One Media Corp., has formed an agreement with World Sport Group, Asia's leading sports marketing, media and event management company. Under the agreement, One World Sports will be the exclusive presenter of the OneAsia tournament in English on North American television, broadband and mobile.
Major League Baseball Strikes Out on FacebookApril 19, 2011
- On the heels of the news of Crackle, which lets you stream Seinfeld, other TV shows and movies for free on your iPad, Major League Baseball has decided to end their free live streams on Facebook, according to Business Insider.
Verizon NFL Mobile Captures the Excitement of the NFL DraftApril 19, 2011
- The 2011 NFL Draft from April 28-30 is scheduled to take place at the Radio City Music Hall in New York City. Verizon Wireless, being the official wireless service provider partner for the NFL, will allow customers to enjoy a vantage position with Verizon's NFL Mobile application.
The NHL Spurns ESPN, Fox, Stays with NBC/VERSUSApril 19, 2011
- Sometimes written off as a bit player in the North American sports TV market, the National Hockey League has scored a goal with their latest television and media deal.
Australia's Premier Online Sports and Racing Website Relies on Crossbeam for ProtectionApril 13, 2011
- Crossbeam Systems is one of the leading providers of next-generation security platforms for high-performance networks. The company recently announced that Sportsbet.com.au has successfully implemented its X-Series platform to ensure a fast, uninterrupted and safe experience for users when betting online.
U.S. Interest Grows in Watching Cricket World Cup via New TechnologyApril 7, 2011
- Cricket may not generate the interest in the United States that college basketball does, but there were many viewers watching the recent World Cup.
EA SPORTS Collaborates with OradApril 4, 2011
- Allowing the broadcasters to re-create specific sports situations, EA SPORTS, a label of Electronic Arts, has worked with Orad to introduce EA SPORTS Virtual Playbook.
Sony, Arqiva Partner to Offer 2011 Wimbledon Lawn Tennis Championships in 3D to CinemasApril 1, 2011
- Sony announced that it has selected Arqiva as its technology partner for the live global 3D distribution of the 2011 Wimbledon Lawn Tennis Championships to worldwide cinemas.
MLB Network Opts for Cisco TelePresenceApril 1, 2011
- MLB Network has selected Cisco Telepresence for its television programming and live telecasts from ballparks around Major League Baseball, Cisco has announced.
Setanta Introduces 24 Hour Sports Channel in AsiaMarch 31, 2011
- A new 24-hour sports channel is being introduced by Setanta Sports in Asia. Global Crossing Genesis Solutions and MEASAT Satellite Systems will help in delivering this channel to millions of rugby enthusiasts across Asia.
Glowpoint Offers Video Managed Services to Enable HD Live Interviews for Football DraftMarch 30, 2011
- Glowpoint, a provider of cloud-based, managed services for telepresence, video conferencing and collaboration, announced it will offer video managed services to conduct live interviews in high definition (HD) during football draft in April.
Little Video Cord Cutting When it Comes to SportsMarch 25, 2011
- ESPN says there remains little evidence of consumer abandonment of multichannel video service, especially where it comes to sports programming. Analyzing Nielsen data, ESPN argues that just 18/100ths of U.S. households "cut the cord" between fourth quarter 2010 and first quarter 2011.
Crown Castle Deploys Distributed Antenna System at Amway Center in OrlandoMarch 24, 2011
- Crown Castle International announced the deployment of a neutral host distributed antenna system ("DAS") by one of its subsidiaries for the Amway Center in Orlando. The Amway Center serves the sports and entertainment needs of people in Orlando. The building features a sustainable, environmentally friendly design.
Slacker Radio Teams with ESPN to Offer Sport-Centered StationMarch 23, 2011
- Those individuals wanting to immediately check how their bracket predictions are faring during the Big East Conference or to hear about upcoming batting practices can now get automatic updates by listening to the ESPN channel on Slacker Radio.
TV4U Unveils High Speed IPTV Channel for Racing FansMarch 22, 2011
- The TVS Television Network has introduced a high speed channel on the TV4U.Com video portal called TVS Turbo.Com.
Reach Messaging To Release Its Third Celebrity Application in Early AprilMarch 17, 2011
- As a part of its transitioning to mobile application market, Reach Messaging Holdings Inc., a provider of customized mobile applications and Bots, signed a deal with world famous Street Basketball Player, Philip Champion aka "Hot Sauce". According to the deal, Hot Sauce, who is widely regarded as the world's most famous streetball player, will feature in Reach Messaging's third celebrity application after Paris Hilton and Michaele Salahi. The application is scheduled to be launched in early April.
NeuLion's Platform Seamlessly Broadcasts College Basketball And Baseball Events OnlineMarch 17, 2011
- Providing multi-platform broadcast technology, NeuLion has successfully streamed 400+ live college basketball events within the first half of March. An average of 31 minutes was spent by a general viewer watching this kind of video and audio content. Apart from these events, the upcoming National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics' (NAIA) Division I Men and Women's Basketball Championships will also be broadcasted by NeuLion's platform, starting from the 16th of March.
CBSSports.com College Network Partners, Thought Equity Motion Enhance Video Sports LibrariesMarch 14, 2011
- CBSSports.com College Network, a division of CBS Interactive, and Thought Equity Motion, a provider of video platform and footage licensing services, announced their partnership to bring colleges and universities nationwide to generate new value from their video sports libraries. CBS Interactive produces 175 official collegiate athletic sites.
SiriusXM Radio to Broadcast 2011 NCAA Division I Men's Basketball ChampionshipMarch 14, 2011
- Sirius XM Radio, a satellite radio channel, announced it will broadcast the 2011 NCAA Division I Men's Basketball Championship nationwide.
MLB Network Introduced AT&T U-verse TVMarch 14, 2011
- MLB Network has joined the AT&T U-verse TV channel lineup. According to a press release, MLB Network -the 24-hour network dedicated to baseball - is now available as part of the U-verse TV U300 package on channel 634 and in HD on channel 1634.
Mahindra and Cisco Sign Memorandum of UnderstandingMarch 11, 2011
- Mahindra & Mahindra and Cisco are to collaborate in areas such as smart cities, virtual dealership, sports and entertainment and cloud services.
Telecast Fiber Systems Enables High-Quality HD Video Feeds at Mexico's New Omnilife StadiumMarch 10, 2011
- Telecast Fiber Systems, a provider of fiber optic systems for television broadcast production, announced that it is offering advanced fiber optic solutions for the A/V and broadcast systems for Mexico's new, state-of-the-art Omnilife Stadium.
Front Row Tennis Partners with NeuLion to Deliver Live Event BroadcastsMarch 7, 2011
- Front Row Tennis signed a partnership deal with NeuLion, a service provider of live and on-demand international, sports and variety programming delivered via broadband, for a new video streaming service using NeuLion's platform.
Sony Acquires Hawk-EyeMarch 7, 2011
- Sony today announced the acquisition of Hawk-Eye, the UK firm that provides tracking technology to sports events and broadcasters.
AT&T Announces Addition of FOX Soccer Plus HD to AT&T U-Verse TV Line-UpFebruary 22, 2011
- U.S. telecommunication giant AT&T has announced the addition of FOX Soccer Plus HD to the AT&T U-verse TV channel lineup, an Internet protocol-based television (IPTV) service.
Tennis Channel Leverages Global Crossing Genesis Solution to Broadcast Australian OpenFebruary 16, 2011
- The Tennis Channel was able to broadcast the coverage of the Australian Open 2011 across the United States through Global Crossing Genesis Solutions' on-site special event transmission services.
Global Crossing's Customers Growing in Latin AmericaFebruary 9, 2011
- Global Crossing's broadcast and media services offered by its Global Crossing Genesis Solutions unit are available across its high-performance IP network in Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Panama, Peru, Mexico, Venezuela and the Caribbean region.
The Avaya Flare Experience Has 'Got Game' at U.S. Football EventFebruary 7, 2011
- Avaya, a provider of business collaboration systems, software and services, announced its unified communications solutions -- including Avaya Flare -- will be "playing" at the U.S. football championship event.
Groupon and LivingSocial Go Head-to-Head with Super Bowl CommercialsFebruary 7, 2011
- If you're like many people, you watch the Super Bowl at least as much for the commercials as the game. What you may have noticed last night is the fierce battle fought between deal-of-the-day sites Groupon and Living Social, who are now in a neck-and-neck fight to come out on top of the "one big coupon each day" concept.
According to today's Wall Street Journal Venture Capital Dispatch blog, Groupon used more than $3 million of its new infusion of $377 million from venture firms to purchase three ad spots during the game. Correspondingly, LivingSocial used money from its recent $175 million check from Amazon.com to purchase a pre-game commercial spot.
Cellular South Debuts TV Commercial During Super BowlFebruary 7, 2011
- Cellular South, a wireless communications provider, debuted a new television commercial showcasing the advances of smartphone technology during Super Bowl.
The Internet Predicts Green Bay as Winner of the Super BowlFebruary 4, 2011
- Conversations over the internet have correctly predicted the winner of the Super Bowl for at least four years. And if the same pattern continues, it looks like Sunday will be a very happy day for the cheese heads (fans) of Green Bay.
Level 3 to Help FOX Sports Telecast Super Bowl XLV in High DefinitionFebruary 4, 2011
- Level 3 Communications, a provider of fiber-based communications services, announced that its Vyvx VenueNet+ technology will be used to offer live, high-definition (HD) television broadcast video services to FOX Sports for Super Bowl XLV.
Cars.com Launches 2011 Advertising Campaign for Super Bowl XLVJanuary 31, 2011
- Cars.com, a website for buying and selling cars, has announced a new advertising campaign comprising of two commercials that will air during Super Bowl XLV, being held Sunday, Feb. 6.
Sprint Steps Up Network Capacity at Cowboys Stadium for Super BowlJanuary 31, 2011
- U.S. telecom carrier Sprint Nextel is reinforcing its wireless network in Dallas and Fort Worth area where thousands of football fans will soon assemble to watch the Super Bowl football match at Cowboys Stadium.
Sprint Network Gets Ready for Near-Record Crowd at Cowboys StadiumJanuary 28, 2011
- Sprint, a provider of wireless and wireline communications, announced that it is preparing the network for the near record crowd for the Super Bowl XLV at Dallas Cowboys Stadium on February 6.