Babolat Releases High Tech Racquet that Tracks how you Play TennisMay 15, 2014
- Babolat has developed a new tennis racquet capable of tracking various data from a match or practice. As a result of this innovation, tennis joins other sports like cycling and running that allow users to record performance data.
The Player's Championship Gets WiredMay 12, 2014
- Google Glass has proven to be one of technology's more controversial developments of late; while this new technology has been finding plenty of approval with businesses of all stripes, its appeal on the consumer level has been somewhat mixed. Yes, a recent one-day sale saw a run on Google Glass units, but between the various bans on it in certain businesses and the potential for other laws to emerge, this technology is facing some serious opposition. But Google seems eager to try and crack open as many markets for this technology as possible. One new route Google seems eager to try is golf, and it's working with The Player's Championship to do just that.
Churchill Downs Installs Champion Mobile NetworkMay 9, 2014
- Attendees at the Kentucky Derby were able to access a powerful mobile network while sipping their mint juleps and watching horse races, thanks to a Distributed Antenna System (DAS) at Churchill Downs.
Nike Launches FuelBand Lab Along With New PartnershipsApril 21, 2014
- Wearable Tech is only getting more popular all the time. This is good news for companies that are already in the business because it means they have the inside track when it comes to taking advantage of the boosted popularity. Nike, is in the inside lane and digging hard around the corner, having launched the Fuel Band and, now they are announcing its Fuel Lab is up and running.
OneBasketball's One Book Helps Athletes Take Game to Next LevelApril 17, 2014
- Tammer Farid, co-founder of One Basketball LLC., is easing the basketball learning curve with the latest release of, "The Basketball Solutions Manual: Skills Edition" for Amazon Kindle ($9.99). The e-Book allows any player who has ever been told they are not good enough, the chance to hone their skills by learning from the best and gaining more confidence, versatility, consistency and playing time.
Get Scheduled Pro Tees off in Style with its Volunteer Management SoftwareApril 16, 2014
- The dust may have settled on the 2012 Ryder cup, but the muted excitement and anticipation behind the scenes is making the summer, that has just begun, hotter for Get Scheduled Pro, as it gets ready to manage another high profile sporting event - The 2014 Ryder Cup.
Garmin Unveils New Bicycling GPS Device, Garmin Edge 1000April 11, 2014
- The mobile technology market is growing faster than most consumers can keep up with these days. Garmin is one company that has long specialized in a certain segment of the mobile GPS tech industry. The company just announced a new kind of cycling computer called the Garmin Edge 1000 that will allow users to track their rides and find new routes for a great adventure.
Onefootball and Localytics Connecting Soccer Fans Through Social Sports AppApril 11, 2014
- The sports fan experience is shaped by social media and interactive apps (other than Wi-Fi APs) that allow enthusiasts to dive into unique and in-depth statistics of events across multiple sports. App users have access to extensive news and commentary about teams and players, in addition to instant results and more. Among developers that are creating apps to attract and retain fans is Onefootball, a popular football news and fan service.