Global Gaming Network Now Ready with Premium SportsAlert.com ServiceDecember 5, 2013
- Global Gaming Network is a company that specializes in the development and distribution of digital entertainment and sports information for online and mobile platforms. The company owns and operates SportsAlert.com, a service that provides sports data to mobile telephones in North America.
ESPN Gives Mobile SportsCenter Application Big UpdateNovember 22, 2013
- The sports world has been working hard to become more tech savvy over the last few years. ESPN is a company that has taken some of the biggest steps to integrate the sports world and the tech world. Earlier this week, the company upgraded one of its lower level sports applications known as ESPNcricinfo. Now the company has revamped its central mobile application to be more user friendly.
Eyeing Aereo, NFL and MLB Threaten to Ditch Local Broadcast for CableNovember 20, 2013
- If you're, say, a San Francisco 49ers fan living in Maine, chances are that you'll miss most of your team's season in terms of live viewing, unless you shell out for DirecTV's Sunday Ticket package or are willing to spend much of the fall at sports bars. Far-flung fans may not like it, but the existing exclusivity arrangements for sports broadcast rights are a delicately (and expensively) negotiated construct that media companies and their local TV affiliates rely on to draw advertisers and ratings and to command big retransmission fees from pay-TV distributors.
Under Armour Picks Up MapMyFitness, Gets Big New Edge in Activity Tracking TechNovember 14, 2013
- While Under Armour is a major name when it comes to sports apparel and similar hardware, it's looking to make some expansions and bring further value to its customer base. With that in mind, its recent acquisition of MapMyFitness makes perfect sense, and the integration of Under Armour's line of gear coupled with MapMyFitness' fitness tracking technology makes the two a terrific fit.
Trail Blazers Fans Will Have New Mobile App, Better Wi-Fi at Moda CenterNovember 5, 2013
- The NBA's Portland Trailblazers have installed an enhanced Wi-Fi service and developed a new application for the Moda Center, the team's home arena, to keep their fans engaged.
The Football App Adds Another FeatureOctober 3, 2013
- The Football App has introduced a new feature called Fan Zone, where fans get to chat with each other about football-related content.
Yahoo Set to Buy Hitpost to Augment Sports OfferingsOctober 2, 2013
- Yahoo's buying spree continues unabated, as reports emerge suggesting the company plans to pick up the sports app maker Hitpost in a deal of as yet unknown valuation.
AHL Selects Official Arena Wireless Network ProviderSeptember 25, 2013
- Last week, ExteNet Systems, Inc., a provider of distributed networks for the wireless industry, secured exclusive rights to design, build, own and operate distributed networks for the provision of enhanced wireless networks for AEG venues. Now, it inked a similar deal with the American Hockey League. The company will design, build, own and operate distributed networks in the arenas of the American Hockey League to enable Wi-Fi, 3G and 4G LTE services.