i.TV Launches Sports Prediction Application for iOSSeptember 12, 2014
- Sports and technology are becoming more and more synonymous as we get further into the 21st century. Sometimes, the tech goes along with sports in the form of the more functional, such as when talking about Wi-Fi in a stadium. Other times, the technology is more along the lines of entertainment, such as when crowd optic teamed up with the Philadelphia Eagles. Now, i.TV has launched a mobile application that has a different kind of spin on the melding of entertainment, sports and the mobile platform.
DISH Makes ESPN Fantasy Football App on HopperSeptember 8, 2014
- The opening weekend of the NFL was welcomed by tens of millions of fans and virtually every industry in the United States. The franchise has a following made up of a wide range of consumers covering almost all demographics. Everything associated with the NFL seems to be a homerun success, including its fantasy football league.
US Open Using IBM Technology to Deliver up to the Minute DataAugust 29, 2014
- If there is one thing the emergence of big data has pointed out is information can be collected from everywhere, and analyzed to provide insight. Sports thrive on the smallest data point being analyzed to the umpteenth degree to find ways to improve the performance, and the convergence of sports and big data has got to be sports statistician heaven. This year at the US Open, held in Flushing Meadows, New York, IBM and the United States Tennis Association (USTA) are teaming up to give fans a memorable experience, whether they are at Arthur Ashe stadium, on TV or streaming a match on their mobile device.
New App Expected to Revolutionize How Students Interact with Collegiate SportsAugust 29, 2014
- Customized mobile application provider MOKO Social Media has created a new application called REC*IT that aims to change the way college students connect with intramural sports and recreational activities available on their respective campuses.
Global Gaming Network Announces Pilar Lastra Official SpokespersonAugust 27, 2014
- Global Gaming Network has been working hard over the last calendar year to make itself a better brand in its niche industry. Now the company has announced it seems to have a spokesman for its Amped Fantasy Sports league. The company announced earlier this week that Pilar Lasra has been inked as that spokesperson. Lastra has been dubbed the Princess of Pigskin while hosting a Sirius/XM radio program every Thursday night. Lastra was also once a Playboy Playmate and was a regular as one of the models on the NBC game show Deal or No Deal.
CG Technology Releases New Version of CG Sports Betting AppAugust 13, 2014
- CG Technology has announced that it has released CG Sports, a wagering app that lets people bet on sports outcomes from iOS, Android and Windows devices.
Fantasy Sports League Launches Platform for Money LeaguesAugust 12, 2014
- Star Fantasy Leagues announced on Monday that it had launched a pay-to-play software platform that allows its members to draft fantasy sports teams and compete in leagues for money. The announcement is well-timed as it comes just a few weeks prior to the beginning of the 2014 National Football League (NFL) season, where the overwhelming majority of fantasy sports revenue comes from.
Babolat Releases High Tech Racquet that Tracks how you Play TennisMay 15, 2014
- Babolat has developed a new tennis racquet capable of tracking various data from a match or practice. As a result of this innovation, tennis joins other sports like cycling and running that allow users to record performance data.