Qualcomm Oversees iBeacon Rollout in MLB BallparksMarch 7, 2014
- Qualcomm's Retail Solutions subsidiary has been selected by MLB Advanced Media (MLBAM) to act as the interactive media and Internet company for Major League Baseball. In particular, Qualcomm will supply iBeacon hardware to help ensure the completion of the MLBAM's initial rollout of the technology in 20 ballparks in time for Opening Day of the upcoming 2014 MLB season.
AeroTrainer Brings a Robotic Eye in the Sky to Sports TrainingMarch 6, 2014
- In life, so many major advancements are made just from looking at a problem from a different perspective. A new angle, philosophically speaking, on a problem can spot new issues, and new solutions as well. But in the cases of the AeroTrainer robot, the philosophical becomes literal, and a robotic quadricopter drone provides a new look at old problems.
Brazil isn't 'Mobile Ready' for the FIFA World CupMarch 3, 2014
- With the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympics behind us, it's time to look forward to the next major international sporting event: the 2014 World Cup, which is being hosted in Brazil. Aside from the obvious differences between the two, however, it seems that the World Cup will differ from the Olympics on a key technological front, according to a new report from Infonetics Research.
New Mexico Horse Racetrack Partners with Replay App DeveloperFebruary 28, 2014
- The Downs Racetrack at Albuquerque (Downs) announced on Wednesday that it had entered into an agreement with Horse Races Now, LLC (HRN) to provide race video for its Horse Races Now app. Users will be able to view races from the Downs using the app when racing resumes at the facility in August.
Whether Skiing or Hiking, Know the Rules of Remote SafetyFebruary 20, 2014
- I've been to Austria, and drove the alpine mountain passes long before the days when cell phones were common. So when I saw recent news that T-Mobile Austria has contracted with NetScout to develop their LTE network, I wondered how coverage has changed in places like the middle of Europe, where mountains are even more impressive than most of the US.
Sedo Launches .CLUB Winter Sports Auction, a Pre-sale Auction for the New gTLDsFebruary 13, 2014
- Search Engine for Domain Offers (Sedo), an industry leading domain marketplace and monetization provider recently announced a partnership with .CLUB Domains to launch the Winter Sports Auction.
Broncos Disappoint but Tracx Scores a Touchdown Pass with ViewersFebruary 10, 2014
- The Super Bowl XLVIII between the Denver Broncos and Seattle Seahawks played at MetLife Stadium didn't exactly bowl people over; It ended in an anticlimax with Seattle defeating the Broncos on a huge point differential. But, the social enterprise platform - Tracx- made up for the lack of excitement by scoring bigger among viewers than the Broncos.
Global Gaming and Impact Fantasy Sports Partner On New Fantasy Sports PlatformFebruary 4, 2014
- The new platform that has been 'souped up' by the partnership between GGM and IFS, will allow users to play various fantasy sports games on their mobile devices, making it easier to share with their friends. This can lead to a more fun experience when it comes to competing with friends and gaining bragging rights.