Can Big Data Solve the Skill vs. Luck Mystery in Fantasy Sports?July 15, 2015
- Daily Fantasy Sports (DFS) is a relatively new phenomenon. Some say it's definitely a game of skill, others claim it's just another form of gambling and shouldn't be legal.
Fantasy Sports Betting: The Next 'Big Thing' Thanks to Big DataJune 22, 2015
- Many believe that Fantasy Sports Betting (FSB) is the next immensely popular online game, similar to the arrival of Poker a decade ago, and the incredible growth of the industry in the USA is the best proof of that.
NFL Implements RFID Chips for Better Statistical RepresentationNovember 3, 2014
- Radio-frequency identification (RFID) chips have long been used in the commerce sector when companies want to track all kinds of different statistics that have to do with their products. Now the RFID chip is setting foot in the sports arena in a very big way thanks to a partnership between the NFL and Zebra Technologies. This partnership was first forged a couple of years ago but it has gone into full force this season with RFID chips embedded on the bodies of every player and referee.
Wheelings & Dealings: Strava Raises $18.5 Million in VC Funding as Fitness Industry Set for Rapid GrowthOctober 31, 2014
- According to Re/code, Strava has just raised $18.5 million in venture capital funding. The funds are to help the company become more of a factor internationally and lead the way as a social medium for endurance athletes. It also comes at a time when wearable fitness is expected to grow rapidly over the next few years.
Huawei Signs Agreement with Washington RedskinsOctober 29, 2014
- Huawei, a global information and communications technology (ICT) solutions provider, recently announced that the company is now a multi-year team sponsor and "Official Technology Partner" for the Washington Redskins.
ZTE Expands Presence in US with More NBA PartnershipsOctober 29, 2014
- Smartphone manufacturer ZTE began its sponsorship with the Houston Rockets in October last year. Now, a little more than a year later, it has announced its official sponsorship with two more professional basketball teams - the New York Knicks and the Golden State Warriors.