US Open Using IBM Technology to Deliver up to the Minute DataAugust 29, 2014
- If there is one thing the emergence of big data has pointed out is information can be collected from everywhere, and analyzed to provide insight. Sports thrive on the smallest data point being analyzed to the umpteenth degree to find ways to improve the performance, and the convergence of sports and big data has got to be sports statistician heaven. This year at the US Open, held in Flushing Meadows, New York, IBM and the United States Tennis Association (USTA) are teaming up to give fans a memorable experience, whether they are at Arthur Ashe stadium, on TV or streaming a match on their mobile device.
New App Expected to Revolutionize How Students Interact with Collegiate SportsAugust 29, 2014
- Customized mobile application provider MOKO Social Media has created a new application called REC*IT that aims to change the way college students connect with intramural sports and recreational activities available on their respective campuses.
College Kickoff Spotlights Providers' Growing Sports Carriage ChallengeAugust 29, 2014
- Keeping the customer happy in an ever changing business and technology environment always works, but clearly isn't always possible economically. When it comes to the complicated world of live sports, no one provider can keep all of its customer happy all of the time. Most of the time is a goal worth shooting for but the demands of a growing population of RSNs makes that a long shot.
Global Gaming Network Announces Pilar Lastra Official SpokespersonAugust 27, 2014
- Global Gaming Network has been working hard over the last calendar year to make itself a better brand in its niche industry. Now the company has announced it seems to have a spokesman for its Amped Fantasy Sports league. The company announced earlier this week that Pilar Lasra has been inked as that spokesperson. Lastra has been dubbed the Princess of Pigskin while hosting a Sirius/XM radio program every Thursday night. Lastra was also once a Playboy Playmate and was a regular as one of the models on the NBC game show Deal or No Deal.
World Cup 2018: RiT Technologies Powering Moscow's Spartak StadiumAugust 26, 2014
- The RiT advanced cabling solutions belongs to the company's network infrastructure connectivity and management solutions portfolio and is exclusively designed to cater to the needs of next-generation networks and data centers. The copper and fiber optic solutions are predominantly built for the usage in complex architectures such as inter-connect and cross-connect.
Ralph Lauren Provides Connectivity & Fashion with OMsignal BackingAugust 25, 2014
- Wearable technology has made a lot of advancements since its earliest days, and with those advancements is coming some exciting new opportunities in the form factor side as well. Granted, the wrist is still considered prime real estate when it comes to wearables, but even as smart glasses started to make an appearance, the rest of the body was also receiving due consideration. When the U.S. Open fires up in earnest this week, so too will a new advance in wearable tech from no less than Ralph Lauren, backed up by smart clothing maker OMsignal.