Azerbaijan's Olympic Stadium Gets Wireless Internet Boost From TE ConnectivityAugust 5, 2015
- Stadiums are discovering a lot of value in having wireless Internet connectivity. Giving patrons the ability to watch different camera angles of the game currently in progress, as well as the ability to order snacks and drinks from seats, are making things more efficient and providing a better experience overall. The Olympic Stadium in Baku, Azerbaijan, is taking a cue from this and calling in TE Connectivity to further bolster its own connectivity options.
NFL Ready to Dive into the World of Virtual RealityAugust 3, 2015
- The National Football League and sports in general have never been an industry to shy away from technology. Technology allows athletes to become more efficient and ultimately more entertaining, and aid in the assistance of coaching as well. For example, the NFL has recently switched from paper playbooks to tablets.
Can Big Data Solve the Skill vs. Luck Mystery in Fantasy Sports?July 15, 2015
- Daily Fantasy Sports (DFS) is a relatively new phenomenon. Some say it's definitely a game of skill, others claim it's just another form of gambling and shouldn't be legal.
Fantasy Sports Betting: The Next 'Big Thing' Thanks to Big DataJune 22, 2015
- Many believe that Fantasy Sports Betting (FSB) is the next immensely popular online game, similar to the arrival of Poker a decade ago, and the incredible growth of the industry in the USA is the best proof of that.
NFL Implements RFID Chips for Better Statistical RepresentationNovember 3, 2014
- Radio-frequency identification (RFID) chips have long been used in the commerce sector when companies want to track all kinds of different statistics that have to do with their products. Now the RFID chip is setting foot in the sports arena in a very big way thanks to a partnership between the NFL and Zebra Technologies. This partnership was first forged a couple of years ago but it has gone into full force this season with RFID chips embedded on the bodies of every player and referee.
Wheelings & Dealings: Strava Raises $18.5 Million in VC Funding as Fitness Industry Set for Rapid GrowthOctober 31, 2014
- According to Re/code, Strava has just raised $18.5 million in venture capital funding. The funds are to help the company become more of a factor internationally and lead the way as a social medium for endurance athletes. It also comes at a time when wearable fitness is expected to grow rapidly over the next few years.